Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

Old May 2nd 2005, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I never wear shoes at home but going out is a different matter. When you see dogs laying their eggs and peeing and most disgustingly of all, people spitting, there is no way that I would walk around bear foot!!!!
What part of london do you live in? I think if we lived in a city then no, the kids would have to put shoes on, but around here its nice, dog owners are responsible, pavements are swept reguarly and there are lots of green areas for kids to play. Going into town without shoes is a definate no no.
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:09 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glittababe
What part of london do you live in? I think if we lived in a city then no, the kids would have to put shoes on, but around here its nice, dog owners are responsible, pavements are swept reguarly and there are lots of green areas for kids to play. Going into town without shoes is a definate no no.

I am actually in Kent but work in Southwark. Forget about shoes I also need a hard hat for the office which allocated underneath a tower block and there are signs up that state 'Do not hang around outside the office' This is because people chuck all their junk out of the windows. It has been known for them to dispose of fridges, tvs etc in this way! I have been hit by a bucket of dirty water!
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I am actually in Kent but work in Southwark. Forget about shoes I also need a hard hat for the office which allocated underneath a tower block and there are signs up that state 'Do not hang around outside the office' This is because people chuck all their junk out of the windows. It has been known for them to dispose of fridges, tvs etc in this way! I have been hit by a bucket of dirty water!
It sounds like the Victorian times (well, apart from chucking the fridges and TV's)!
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

peartree35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Doh! I forgot! Ok it was just as you said! Suffolk isn't beautiful at all! Its dark, dismal, grimey, full of illegal non-working immgrants - all of which are obviously alcoholic crack heads that pimp their wives and daughters (and of course the police are aware and doing nothing), chav scum litter the streets, smoking and boozing, every teenage girl is preggers. Is that any better Jad?

so it is Ipswich...I knew it!!!
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:42 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

So I take it you're a fan of both Suffolk and Southwark!!!

Old May 2nd 2005, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I actually have the misfortune of working for Asda and I am completely shocked at the way you were treated by this monster. Asda pride themselves on being very customer friendly and this sort of behaviour towards you would have caused uproar in my store. If I, or any of my colleagues had spoken to a customer the way this scum did to you we would have been marched upstairs for disiplinary, no messing.

We have all sorts in our store kids on roller skates included and just a friendly word of advice so's not to offend is all that is needed. I have been threatened and verbally abused by some customers and still our management have to be civil to the abusers, so this is completely out of order!!!!!

I strongly suggest that you either telephone Asda House or write to them with a copy to the store in question asking for an apology at least and how dare this low-life speak to your child in that way. If Asda choose to employ these people at least have the decencey to train them properly and treat customers with dignity and respect.

I am fuming too, yet another reason to bugger off from this hell hole of a country.

Please write to them though, they take issues like this very seriously.

Take care

Sadie
Old May 5th 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi,

I actually have the misfortune of working for Asda and I am completely shocked at the way you were treated by this monster. Asda pride themselves on being very customer friendly and this sort of behaviour towards you would have caused uproar in my store. If I, or any of my colleagues had spoken to a customer the way this scum did to you we would have been marched upstairs for disiplinary, no messing.

We have all sorts in our store kids on roller skates included and just a friendly word of advice so's not to offend is all that is needed. I have been threatened and verbally abused by some customers and still our management have to be civil to the abusers, so this is completely out of order!!!!!

I strongly suggest that you either telephone Asda House or write to them with a copy to the store in question asking for an apology at least and how dare this low-life speak to your child in that way. If Asda choose to employ these people at least have the decencey to train them properly and treat customers with dignity and respect.

I am fuming too, yet another reason to bugger off from this hell hole of a country.

Take care

Sadie
Sadie have you got the address of Asda House?
Old May 5th 2005, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Sadie have you got the address of Asda House?
ASDA web site

Customer Services,
ASDA House,
Southbank,
Great Wilson Street,
Leeds,
LS11 5AD
Telephone: 0500 100055
Fax: 0113 241 7732
Minicom: 0800 0683003

Mrs JTL
Old May 5th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
ASDA web site

Customer Services,
ASDA House,
Southbank,
Great Wilson Street,
Leeds,
LS11 5AD
Telephone: 0500 100055
Fax: 0113 241 7732
Minicom: 0800 0683003

Mrs JTL
TY! They have a 'contact us' section. Now here's where I need tact and diplomacy (seriously lacking in both). Can't pee them off too much as the clothes are cheap there and I may get banned from the store!
Old May 5th 2005, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi,

Take care

Sadie
I work for Asda as well and agree with everything Sadie has said above.
Contact Asda House if you are feeling that strongly about it.
Carole