Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

Old May 1st 2005, 11:47 pm
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future
Default Re: Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

Originally Posted by Seabird
That's because he shopped at Marks.
Only because Mary had a Virgin credit card
Old May 1st 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MJC
Is it really that bad in Aus, you can't afford to buy shoes.

And I thought it was one of THE places to live!!

Shoes are SO last year
Old May 1st 2005, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by glittababe
I'm sooo cross! Today in Suffolk its beautiful, sun shining and 23 degrees. Kids are all out in boardies, t shirts and bare feet. Needed a few bits of shopping, so we all jumped in the car, didn't think much of the littlen not having shoes on. Got to Asda and literally as soon as we walked into the store people were staring at Ollie's bare feet. I told the kids to ignore them and we carried on our shopping. Was happily choosing some shampoo when this blokes voice shouted "YOU - put some shoes on!" Turned around to find Oliver crouched on the floor in tears and one of the customer service people (incidentally he was Kosovan) having a right old go at him. I stormed over, picked Ollie up and asked what the problem was. He told me (in as much English as he could) that Asda's policy was ALL customers had to have shoes on (its a Health & Safety thing). I explained that the kids were kinda used to the oz way and Ollie didn't want his shoes on! I fully understand their concerns, however shouting at a small child is unforgiveable, and if that is Asda's rule then why don't they display it on the doors as you walk in?

Ok, feel calmer now I've vented my anger!
Sending you some karma for having a bad day and starting such an acitve thread!
Old May 1st 2005, 11:50 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

I rest my case

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Shoes are SO last year
Old May 1st 2005, 11:51 pm
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MJC
I rest my case

Why did you rest your case .... bet it was too heavy with all them damn shoes!
Old May 1st 2005, 11:52 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

As you know, I'm in a cantankerous mood!!!

Not you Pix - but anyone need a dictionary?
Originally Posted by PIXAU
Old May 1st 2005, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Only because Mary had a Virgin credit card
And banked with the Abbey National..
Old May 1st 2005, 11:56 pm
"Whats That In Pounds?"

Originally Posted by MJC
As you know, I'm in a cantancorous mood!!!

Not you Pix - but anyone need a dictionary?
We get cantancorouses here in Aus - evil little things, one bite and your shoes fall off and an application to work in Asda gets mailed out!

Get the impression I'm feeling better MJC?
Old May 1st 2005, 11:58 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kick the missus out and grab the rum!!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:02 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

Originally Posted by MJC
Kick the missus out and grab the rum!!
Can't kick the misses out - got no shoes and the blisters still haven't heeled from the last time walked across K-Marts car park!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:03 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do an Ozzy, wear hers, you might look a bit strange but - is the end justified by the means?

ps , where's my k?

Can't kick the misses out - got no shoes and the blisters still haven't heeled from the last time walked across K-Marts car park!
Old May 2nd 2005, 2:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

During the hot UK summer of 2003 our local large ASDA had signs up requesting that all customers should wear shirts and shoes (caused hilarity as there was no mention of shorts, thats why it sticks in my mind!). Another sign by the parental trolleys asked that children riding in the trolleys should have shoes for their own protection.

Not sure if this has been raised on the thread yet, but suppose that small barefoot Freddie trod on some broken glass that the cleaners had missed? Would the parents sue? Is the supermarket liable? Or would the court take the line that a child should be dressed when out in public?
Old May 2nd 2005, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hello there pixau! I tell you, I read this thread with some interest, then I started thinking people were getting a little 'close to the bone' and all, but towards the end you were totally cracking me up!!

You were not gonna allow the thread to deviate from a. the Kosovo connection or b. shoes, and I was in hysterics, laughing with tears springing into my eyes esp. re. the above comment!

I like it when threads crack me up, better than the bitchiness, it makes me cringe.

Come on pixau, keep me laughing!!
Old May 2nd 2005, 3:32 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

Originally Posted by logan
Hello there pixau! I tell you, I read this thread with some interest, then I started thinking people were getting a little 'close to the bone' and all, but towards the end you were totally cracking me up!!

You were not gonna allow the thread to deviate from a. the Kosovo connection or b. shoes, and I was in hysterics, laughing with tears springing into my eyes esp. re. the above comment!

I like it when threads crack me up, better than the bitchiness, it makes me cringe.

Come on pixau, keep me laughing!!
Hi Logan, glad I raised a smile for you!
I must calm down a bit. I'm suprised I didn't get kicked off for my comments on the Dog Dies In Transit To Australia thread. Don't worry I'm sitting here awaiting my next opportunity .......
Old May 2nd 2005, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hi Logan, glad I raised a smile for you!
I must calm down a bit. I'm suprised I didn't get kicked off for my comments on the Dog Dies In Transit To Australia thread. Don't worry I'm sitting here awaiting my next opportunity .......
Well I'll be honest, I did think it was a tad 'orrible cos I've got three furry friends who we flew out, and I'd be heartbroken if something had happened to them, but hey, if I don't like what I read, I just stop reading!

Hoever, loved the shoe theme, just told Mr Logan to go read it when he's finished disecting our car and putting it back together. (that was 'car' not 'cat' by the way!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.