Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

I'm sooo cross! Today in Suffolk its beautiful, sun shining and 23 degrees. Kids are all out in boardies, t shirts and bare feet. Needed a few bits of shopping, so we all jumped in the car, didn't think much of the littlen not having shoes on. Got to Asda and literally as soon as we walked into the store people were staring at Ollie's bare feet. I told the kids to ignore them and we carried on our shopping. Was happily choosing some shampoo when this blokes voice shouted "YOU - put some shoes on!" Turned around to find Oliver crouched on the floor in tears and one of the customer service people (incidentally he was Kosovan) having a right old go at him. I stormed over, picked Ollie up and asked what the problem was. He told me (in as much English as he could) that Asda's policy was ALL customers had to have shoes on (its a Health & Safety thing). I explained that the kids were kinda used to the oz way and Ollie didn't want his shoes on! I fully understand their concerns, however shouting at a small child is unforgiveable, and if that is Asda's rule then why don't they display it on the doors as you walk in?

Ok, feel calmer now I've vented my anger!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:52 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

Originally Posted by glittababe
I'm sooo cross! Today in Suffolk its beautiful, sun shining and 23 degrees. Kids are all out in boardies, t shirts and bare feet. Needed a few bits of shopping, so we all jumped in the car, didn't think much of the littlen not having shoes on. Got to Asda and literally as soon as we walked into the store people were staring at Ollie's bare feet. I told the kids to ignore them and we carried on our shopping. Was happily choosing some shampoo when this blokes voice shouted "YOU - put some shoes on!" Turned around to find Oliver crouched on the floor in tears and one of the customer service people (incidentally he was Kosovan) having a right old go at him. I stormed over, picked Ollie up and asked what the problem was. He told me (in as much English as he could) that Asda's policy was ALL customers had to have shoes on (its a Health & Safety thing). I explained that the kids were kinda used to the oz way and Ollie didn't want his shoes on! I fully understand their concerns, however shouting at a small child is unforgiveable, and if that is Asda's rule then why don't they display it on the doors as you walk in?

I don't blame you for being angry had he of shouted at my kidds I would have flown at him
Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
I don't blame you for being angry had he of shouted at my kidds I would have flown at him

QUITE!!! reduce one of my children to tears at your peril!!!! dont even go there. making me bloody angry just thinking about it.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you dared to venture from the norm in public in Britain. brave girl

DAS IS VERBOTTEN !!!!

Good luck
Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
I do completely understand the H&S rules, and, had I known I wouldn't have taken him in there. The kids rarely had footware on in oz (apart from when the ground was too hot), and, as Ollie is small he associates warm weather with being able to run around barefoot! As for shouting at children, teachers, police officers and anyone else in authority get taken to court for that kind of thing! Other shoppers were horrified when he was shouting and were avoiding the aisle! I feel a letter of complaint coming on!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

I do completely understand the H&S rules, and, had I known I wouldn't have taken him in there. The kids rarely had footware on in oz (apart from when the ground was too hot), and, as Ollie is small he associates warm weather with being able to run around barefoot! As for shouting at children, teachers, police officers and anyone else in authority get taken to court for that kind of thing! Other shoppers were horrified when he was shouting and were avoiding the aisle! I feel a letter of complaint coming on!

put pen to paper now while youre still angry!!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Wow, you dared to venture from the norm in public in Britain. brave girl

DAS IS VERBOTTEN !!!!

Good luck
I tell you what, I'd do it again too! It was funny watching peoples expressions of shock. The kid just had barefeet! While we were shopping I got the kids to spot the CHAV's instead! They starred at him, he starred back (pointing out the Burberry and Reebok's). Anyone would think he was commiting this huge crime! Ah well off for a cuppa! Will not let small minded CHAV people spoil my day!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:03 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
QUITE!!! reduce one of my children to tears at your peril!!!! dont even go there. making me bloody angry just thinking about it.

Exactly that's my job.....
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

I tell you what, I'd do it again too! It was funny watching peoples expressions of shock. The kid just had barefeet! While we were shopping I got the kids to spot the CHAV's instead! They starred at him, he starred back (pointing out the Burberry and Reebok's). Anyone would think he was commiting this huge crime! Ah well off for a cuppa! Will not let small minded CHAV people spoil my day!
Or the Asda customer 'mis-service' person! ok putting pen to paper!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

But at least Asdas really cheap.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
But at least Asdas really cheap.

Cheers,
JTL
Yes it has that on its side! I hear their sandles for kids are very reasonable!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Yes it has that on its side! I hear their sandles for kids are very reasonable!

I think you mean "sandals", maybe you should buy some.
I have brought up two kids in Aus. and they have always worn shoes.
They have often had a laugh at shoeless, oh dear I've cut my feet brigade.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 5:14 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Having once walked barefoot from Pinky Beach into Kingstown on Rottnest Island barefoot (I was only looking for a toilet!!!) I would always go for something on my feet (hot tarmac, stones etc etc). Having said that I am 37 not 7.

Chris

PS I'd try to sue ASDA!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

terry sam & tribe! is on a distinguished road

it is not uncommon for me to go shopping bare foot when it's sunny, don't see anything wrong so long as you wife your feet on the way out!
i had someone shout at one of my kids in tesco, i soon drowned him out. infuriating know where you're coming from.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: Asda's 'rules' regarding barefoot kids!

The same happened to my friend in sainsburys,in surrey.
but it was the manager and two other members of staff came up to her in the ailes and asked her to leave the store,she actually started crying,but they just escourted her and her child out..
Jackie..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.