Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone taken there car to Oz

anyone taken there car to Oz

Old May 26th 2010, 1:46 pm
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone taken there car to Oz

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Thanks, yes I have had a look on there.

What I'll do is put a classified listing on eBay as there a quite a few on there, but with much more mileage e.g. > 40000 miles, and see if anyone bites.

If I come away with a smallish loss, then it may be better to do it the hassle free way and sell it here. Then I could buy new there or something. We will need two cars anyway so will have to buy something as soon as we arrive.
Maybe you could see if one of the 'UK Returners' want to do a swap (+cash either way).
Old May 27th 2010, 5:19 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: anyone taken there car to Oz

Unless it's a classic Aston Martin being your car to Australia is like opening a suitcase of cash on the freeway. You could be forced to spend thousands on compliancing it. I imported a Jap car once and spend 2 grand getting child restraints installed and this was 10 years ago. Also with used cars books are everything and a car with UK books is worth a lot lot less than the same model and year of an Australian version.