Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:30 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That's nuts. Blair/Brown have a lot to answer for.
Indeed they do
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Australia is founded on immigration!
If people choose not to see the difference between invited migrants in a sparcely populated country versus uninvited migrants in an overcrowded one then that is their problem, not mine.
Erm... Australia is founded on uninvited migrants (aka colonizers or invaders, depending on your viewpoint).
Originally Posted by Amazulu
That's nuts. Blair/Brown have a lot to answer for.
Never considered you to be a Daily Mail believer.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

It's ironic isn't it that a migrant is criticising other migrants.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:12 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I have read the same stuff here and on other forums, the irony isn't lost on me.

Originally Posted by isgraham
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:13 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
Yes.
Why are you doing it?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Never considered you to be a Daily Mail believer.
I'm not but Blair said it
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 7:42 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
In all seriousness Paul, I can see where you're coming from, and you've every right to voice it, but even you have to see that you're on a very sticky wicket. As far as illegals are concerned, we've butted heads before, and I do admire the way you fight your corner, but as far as legal migrants are concerned, I'm afraid that you're very much missing the point.

BTW, since being here 3 families have rented my house in the UK, 1 Polish family, 1 South African family, and an English couple, I'll leave you to guess which ones lost their bond due to the state of the place. So the tidal wave has been good to me so-far
Steve, if you read back to my first post earlier in this particular round my gripe was about Labour's shite legacy to Britain. I mentioned 3 million immigrants in just over ten years which is a huge amount. Okay, I was wrong there - turns out it was 5.5 million (). Enter the usual bigotgate-style hypocrite accusations and we branched off to splitting hairs between illegals/legals - which is purely academic really since their arrival was the result of Labour's plan to flood the country with immigrants by stealth while making every possible attempt to suppress opposition to it or even reveal the truth about the true scale of their skullduggery. So in a sense it could even be argued on that basis that nearly all are illegal. But we wont go there and whatever the nature, an enormous number of people were added to an already fully populated country over a very short period and all in time for the place to go economically tits up.

I suppose from my family's and my point of view it might not effect us much now but it is the country of our ancestors some of whom gave their lives to protect it. Also, our extended family and friends are still there so yes we do care very much about the place and what happens to it.

As regards those who prefer to condemn me for my honest and considered opinion: First reveal here what a 10-year net-immigration flood of 3.2 million mostly unskilled people have done to benefit Britain. If you can't do that then STFU!

...As for your rental, Steve: Based on the way you presented it I'll hazard a guess that your culprits were the ones who previously employed a maid?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:00 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, if you read back to my first post earlier in this particular round my gripe was about Labour's shite legacy to Britain. I mentioned 3 million immigrants in just over ten years which is a huge amount. Okay, I was wrong there - turns out it was 5.5 million (). Enter the usual bigotgate-style hypocrite accusations and we branched off to splitting hairs between illegals/legals - which is purely academic really since their arrival was the result of Labour's plan to flood the country with immigrants by stealth while making every possible attempt to suppress opposition to it or even reveal the truth about the true scale of their skullduggery. So in a sense it could even be argued on that basis that nearly all are illegal.
This sounds like paranoia
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling
This sounds like paranoia
Nice try. Is that your professional opinion?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Nice try. Is that your professional opinion?
I'm serious.

Read again what you have written....it is all a big plot?

Do you really believe what you wrote
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:14 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve, if you read back to my first post earlier in this particular round my gripe was about Labour's shite legacy to Britain. I mentioned 3 million immigrants in just over ten years which is a huge amount. Okay, I was wrong there - turns out it was 5.5 million (). Enter the usual bigotgate-style hypocrite accusations and we branched off to splitting hairs between illegals/legals - which is purely academic really since their arrival was the result of Labour's plan to flood the country with immigrants by stealth while making every possible attempt to suppress opposition to it or even reveal the truth about the true scale of their skullduggery. So in a sense it could even be argued on that basis that nearly all are illegal. But we wont go there and whatever the nature, an enormous number of people were added to an already fully populated country over a very short period and all in time for the place to go economically tits up.

I suppose from my family's and my point of view it might not effect us much now but it is the country of our ancestors some of whom gave their lives to protect it. Also, our extended family and friends are still there so yes we do care very much about the place and what happens to it.

As regards those who prefer to condemn me for my honest and considered opinion: First reveal here what a 10-year net-immigration flood of 3.2 million mostly unskilled people have done to benefit Britain. If you can't do that then STFU!

...As for your rental, Steve: Based on the way you presented it I'll hazard a guess that your culprits were the ones who previously employed a maid?
If you're telling me to STFU, then you can KMA you SPBFDSC , if not then fair enough.

There's better placed people than you or I to give an accurate account though, my old man bangs on about migrants and it does my head in, me being one and all. I'm not going to slag you for having a different opinion to me, I've been drawn in the past and regret it, and expect the same courtesy.

It remains to be seen whether or not the migration has been a good or bad thing for the UK though, the timing hasn't been exactly great I grant you, but alot of the unskilled are doing jobs that your average Brit considers beneath them. When all is said and done, I am glad that my family and I are here, but I can't honestly say that it's because of migrants in the UK
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:16 am
Banned

I'm serious.

Read again what you have written....it is all a big plot?

Do you really believe what you wrote
Are you really unaware of the widely known plot by the Labour party to flood Britain with migrants? I think you'd better do some research before deploying your professional judgement any further.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Are you really unaware of the widely known plot by the Labour party to flood Britain with migrants? I think you'd better do some research before deploying your professional judgement any further.
I think you have shown your true colours on this thread and it is not nice.

You are either deluded or bigoted beyond belief
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:29 am
Banned

I think you have shown your true colours on this thread and it is not nice.

You are either deluded or bigoted beyond belief
Ah that's right, try and conceal your ignorance by throwing insults.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Ah that's right, try and conceal your ignorance by throwing insults.
They are not insults

Take a look at yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.