Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

I bought a car in Darwin, drove it to Sydney and sold it for a profit.

I'm a great salesman though.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
What do you mean 'them'? If you have read my post, you will see that I wrote 'a car'.

Do keep up
typo sorry, meant 'it'
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
I bought a car in Darwin, drove it to Sydney and sold it for a profit.

I'm a great salesman though.
nice effort
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fluid36
typo sorry, meant 'it'
Then the answer is no. I sold it to a bloke who lives in Lesmurdie.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Then the answer is no. I sold it to a bloke who lives in Lesmurdie.
Lesmurdie, sounds like a interesting place, where's that?

Did you make much of a profit and did you do much work on the car when you had it?

Of course you can make a profit if you shop around for a good deal and then find someone willing to pay at the higher end of the range. Have done it a few times but sometimes takes a bit of patience.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Lesmurdie, sounds like a interesting place, where's that?

Did you make much of a profit and did you do much work on the car when you had it?

Of course you can make a profit if you shop around for a good deal and then find someone willing to pay at the higher end of the range. Have done it a few times but sometimes takes a bit of patience.
It's the next suburb to where I live.

It was a 1999 Hyundai Excel that I bought after selling my Golf and was waiting for my Jetta to be delivered. I paid $2000 early last year. I sold it just over 6 months later for $2500. I never did anything to it. I advertised it on Carsales. It took only a few days to sell as the first guy who saw it, bought it. TBH, I reckon I could have got more if I was prepared to wait but I couldn't be arsed and I wanted it gone.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:44 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

God sake, not this shit starting all over again, surely?

Unsub-bloody-scribed
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

It's the next suburb to where I live.

It was a 1999 Hyundai Excel that I bought after selling my Golf and was waiting for my Jetta to be delivered. I paid $2000 early last year. I sold it just over 6 months later for $2500. I never did anything to it. I advertised it on Carsales. It took only a few days to sell as the first guy who saw it, bought it. TBH, I reckon I could have got more if I was prepared to wait but I couldn't be arsed and I wanted it gone.
Fair play, yep you can make a bit on those lower end cars.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:19 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've been away for a couple of weeks and moved house (shock horror! I sold a house in this terrible market and bought another, terrible investmet shame on me yadda yadda)

And this thread is about a gizzillion pages longer and still in the same place. PMSL!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
God sake, not this shit starting all over again, surely?

Unsub-bloody-scribed
Ranting again?
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Houses on the rise? - don't think so buddy
Certainly are in London and where I am in the South - family member is selling a house, after one home viewing 5 offers in, some over asking price although with the crazy way they sell houses here none are binding.

I'm off to the midlands next week, will see how things are up there
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Certainly are in London and where I am in the South - family member is selling a house, after one home viewing 5 offers in, some over asking price although with the crazy way they sell houses here none are binding.

I'm off to the midlands next week, will see how things are up there
When we left (3 months) ago it was dire mate, very subdued and grotty looking, what a shame.
Houses standing still,not selling at well reduced prices in some cases, and others not moving a penny on there prices. No money around to buy at the prices most want for them i suppose?
We dropped ours just at the right time and fell lucky with a good offer (very lucky) we did a house search only this weekend gone and the house around the corner from ours, is still up for sale and it was smaller with less rooms than ours, it's only worth what someone wants to pay at the end of the day.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

I do know better but if someone wants to pick a fight with me for absolutely no reason, they can have it
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I do know better but if someone wants to pick a fight with me for absolutely no reason, they can have it
Get a grip. I asked how you made money on selling a secondhand car, when no one I know has ever managed it. Your response was an arrogant "who the f**k are you".
Who picked the fight?
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Get a grip. I asked how you made money on selling a secondhand car, when no one I know has ever managed it. Your response was an arrogant "who the f**k are you".
Who picked the fight?
I don't care who picked what, just pack it in. If you want to use language like that which I deleted, go somewhere else. Not here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.