Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Perth going to the Red Bull Air Race?

Anyone in Perth going to the Red Bull Air Race?

Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Perth going to the Red Bull Air Race?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I know! There could be loads of the BE clan there, and we wouldn't know them from Adam!

Although I don't actually know anyone call Adam, so that doesn't help
Me neither.

Mind you, perhaps all of us BE lot should just go around shouting 'Adam' and then we could identify ourselves. Or perhaps there's no race at all and it's just a conspiracy to get all of us expats together so they can ship us back to the UK.

Oh dear, I'm starting to think walking into the sliding door tonight has affected my brain
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:39 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CiaoBella
i am going to watch it from my office, 31st floor central park
Central Park! do I know you??
Old Nov 17th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scossie
Here's a map showing where everything is going on etc.
http://redbullairrace.westernaustral...R_Race_Map.pdf

Hi Scossie,

Cool map. Looks like we are just down the road from you off South Tce. Unfortunately not living there yet still in UK. Got my visa last week now just need a job. Seems like a great area. I havent been there since 2002 when we got married. Seems like lots of nice pubs and restaurants. I've been to the Windsor and a few restos.
My father in law was in Perth today(Friday) and he said there was absolutely no parking.
Enjoy everyone, wish I was there.

Tim
Old Nov 17th 2006, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

We wanna go but we have never been into Perth yet! So finding our way there should be interesting lol. Were going to have to bring the car becasue I think our nearest station is Freo.

Hmmm... it is interesting looking at people and thinking they could be so and so lol

lace xxx
Old Nov 17th 2006, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

The Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CiaoBella
i am going to watch it from my office, 31st floor central park
Lucky! Our work won't let us watch it from theirs(they're the same on Australia Day). Apparently it's a security issue.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

You can catch Bus 106 from Fremantle Train Station
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Default.aspx?tabid=789
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Port...utes%20Map.pdf

Originally Posted by lacey21
We wanna go but we have never been into Perth yet! So finding our way there should be interesting lol. Were going to have to bring the car becasue I think our nearest station is Freo.

Hmmm... it is interesting looking at people and thinking they could be so and so lol

lace xxx
Old Nov 18th 2006, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

cheers Luma,
how long would it take on the bus hun.

We were looking at going up the Kwinana Freeway and then onto the Cannning and looking for a place to park there. Is this not a good idea?

I'm not too good on buses (Travel sick) yuk

lace xx
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

We were really looking forward to going so we did a 'reccy' this week, all around the foreshore. We watched them inflate the obstacles...and deflate them. We found the perfect spot to put the picnic rug down...and then we found out that they are expecting 350,000 people and all the streets are closed off...so we'll watch it on TV . By the way, it starts at 11am
Old Nov 18th 2006, 5:13 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
We were really looking forward to going so we did a 'reccy' this week, all around the foreshore. We watched them inflate the obstacles...and deflate them. We found the perfect spot to put the picnic rug down...and then we found out that they are expecting 350,000 people and all the streets are closed off...so we'll watch it on TV . By the way, it starts at 11am
OMG thought I might 'pop' down tomorrow, not sure I want to bother if there's gonna be that many people there!
Tracey
Old Nov 18th 2006, 5:17 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

never heard of it
Old Nov 18th 2006, 5:22 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
never heard of it
TBH neither had we until we saw it advertised at the cinema over the winter. It looks great!
Don't suppose they ever considered staging it over the Manchester ship canal
Tracey
Old Nov 18th 2006, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We were there this morning. It was amazing to watch.

There isn't much shade there. So make sure you cover up with sunblock and hats. And take plenty water to drink - as it gets pretty hot out there.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 5:36 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
...so we'll watch it on TV . By the way, it starts at 11am
Do you know what channel its going to be shown on ?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Been there today and had a great time. Got a really good view just by the start/finish post sitting under a shady tree. Didn't think there were too many people there at all. In fact I kept thinking while I was there how nice it was to be able to sit comfortably without others right on top of you as it would have been in England. Going back tomorrow for the finals

When we left there we went to UWA and watched the Ultimate Challenge frisbee competition. Great sport, wonderful fun to watch, enthusiastic support form the crowd and very relaxed atmosphere.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather
Been there today and had a great time. Got a really good view just by the start/finish post sitting under a shady tree. Didn't think there were too many people there at all. In fact I kept thinking while I was there how nice it was to be able to sit comfortably without others right on top of you as it would have been in England. Going back tomorrow for the finals

When we left there we went to UWA and watched the Ultimate Challenge frisbee competition. Great sport, wonderful fun to watch, enthusiastic support form the crowd and very relaxed atmosphere.
Where did you end up parking/watching ? We're heading there tomorrow but no idea where to go !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.