Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Perth going to the Red Bull Air Race?

Anyone in Perth going to the Red Bull Air Race?

Old Nov 10th 2006, 2:44 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone in Perth going to the Red Bull Air Race?

http://www.redbullairrace.com/race.php?id=16
Old Nov 10th 2006, 2:56 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Perth going to the Red Bull Air Race?

Was planning on going, i'm not particularily interested in flying etc but just thought it looked a bit different and a bit of a one off thing that could be a good outing.

Then I realised earlier in the week that we've booked to go down south to the Margaret River Festival that weekend....
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Was planning on going, i'm not particularily interested in flying etc but just thought it looked a bit different and a bit of a one off thing that could be a good outing.

Then I realised earlier in the week that we've booked to go down south to the Margaret River Festival that weekend....
I'd like to go but I've got an image in my mind of thousands of drunken bogans fighting and swearing on the foreshore, just like the Australia Day celebrations every year. Not sure if I want to risk it.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:45 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I'd like to go but I've got an image in my mind of thousands of drunken bogans fighting and swearing on the foreshore, just like the Australia Day celebrations every year. Not sure if I want to risk it.
I did think that, but I guess it will have a relative long course along the river so will probably be more spread out rather than just really focused around barrack st and the south perth foreshore.
Dont exactly know the area but for Australia Day we went to the park which is sort of at the bottom of Berwick St in Vic Park. It was great, got down within a couple of meters of the front relatively late in the afternoon, great view back across at the city, I would think that sort of place would be a good bet if you were planning on taking the kids and having a picnic type thing for the air race. Or even on Langley Park but more up the end near the Hyatt.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

The Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the rough

We'll hopefully be going, it's different, sounds good and it's free! Apparently the south foreshore is where the best views will be. Hopefully they'll have the whole transport thing sorted, as this preggers woman doesn't need a long walk to the action! Hoping that the drunken bogans stay at home!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We're going. No idea where to park or when to get there but we'll give it a go !
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:28 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

we intend going but i have no idea where yet, will have to be somewhere that i don't have to walk very far or else i'll just have to stay home with my feet up and Juan can take the boys.

Lynn
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

We're really looking forward to it but could do with someone like Scossie giving us some tips as to where would be best to pitch the picnic rug for the day.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:25 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather
We're really looking forward to it but could do with someone like Scossie giving us some tips as to where would be best to pitch the picnic rug for the day.

South Perth foreshore is the place to go to see it. Seen a few on the Tv and seems like a bit of good ole fashion fun
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

without clicking on the link (cos I am too lazy!!!!) can anyone tell me what time it starts?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
without clicking on the link (cos I am too lazy!!!!) can anyone tell me what time it starts?
The link doesn't tell you which is really helpful !! Just says it's on from 17th - 19th !
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:49 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

i would have to click on the link to find out that information
Old Nov 10th 2006, 2:46 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be there - planning to meet up with a few friends from this site plus others from work, social etc.

If anybody wants to join up then let me know

M
Old Nov 11th 2006, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
South Perth foreshore is the place to go to see it. Seen a few on the Tv and seems like a bit of good ole fashion fun
Thanks for that
Old Nov 11th 2006, 3:55 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather
Sir James Mitchell Park, near Coode Street & Mill Point Road is where everything is happening entertainment and spectator wise. A lot of it has already been set up this week. The Airstrip for the event is at Langley Park on the City side of the river.

Sir JM Park is only about 15 mins walk from our house, but Mrs Scossie is more than 8 months pregnant so we'll have to come up with a cunning plan to get there by taxi or something. The parking restriction notices have already started going up around here so if you're heading in from further away, I'd plan your parking as you would for Australia Day.

Vegemite Kids are good friends of ours and we're going with them. As they said in their post, some others from BE are going as well. Not sure exactly who yet, but we're going round to VK's place today so I'll know more later.

If I find out anything more about parking etc this week, I'll post it on this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.