Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:30 am
Adventure sorted

Location: Norn Iron ... Brisbane, and now off to Melbourne East
Hoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Hi all,

Exciting stuff.

We have clocked up 27mths now, and finally committed to going home.
Home for a 5 week xmas break with the family, then I'll come back alone for a month or 2 to tie up loose ends, while job searching in N Ireland.

The dream has been lived and enjoyed, but is back to our home in Co. Antrim (thankfully the recession prevented us selling the house 2 years ago.)

Anyone want to share 1/2 a container

Anyone else heading home or considering it?
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hoolio1972
Hi all,

Exciting stuff.

Home for a 5 week xmas break with the family, then I'll come back alone for a month or 2 to tie up loose ends, while job searching in N Ireland.

The dream has been lived and enjoyed, but is back to our home in Co. Antrim (thankfully the recession prevented us selling the house 2 years ago.)

Hi Hoolio

At least you tried it and enjoyed it at the time!

No takers on the container I still havent got mine unloaded!

Its an expensive business moving to the other side of the world.

Good luck

Andrea
Old Oct 13th 2012, 7:49 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hoolio1972
Hi all,

Exciting stuff.

Oh my Hoolio, I'm sorry to hear that! We've been here just shy of 3 years (33 months) and have no regrets whatsoever! Really sorry things didn't work out for you family, all the best back in Blighty!

Ajmonty, you're here already?! WOW! Glad things are working out on the job front, sorry about the housing issue, we've experienced none of that as we're defence. We're moving to Brisbane, just us two and the dog and we've got a four bedroomed lowset! BEEZER! Hope things continue to fall into place for you all!

Jen xo
Old Oct 25th 2012, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Desertwombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ajmonty
Hi desertwombat

Havent been on here since july, welcome to the thread. We (us 2 and r 2 daughters) are also from Bangor NI, just moved to Melbourne been here 6 weeks. My husband has been lucky to get two job offers and starts this week, he was working as a temporary contractor since we arrived.

Trying to secure a rental at the minute, not as easy as I thought!!

Good luck with your visa

Andrea
Hi everyone,

Visa application was processed much quicker than expected and we were granted our visa last Monday. Next hurdle is to find a job - so if any of you need any accountant or have any contacts please do drop me a private message.

It's true that all you want to do is get on a plane and get out there. If money wasn't an issue - flip there would be no stopping us - just can't justify giving up a good job at the moment with nothing to go to in Australia. Granted after a month or two of searching we may resign ourselves to the fact it may be the inevitable option we have to take but trying to source something while not in Australia first.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 11:02 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desertwombat
Hi everyone,

Visa application was processed much quicker than expected and we were granted our visa last Monday. Next hurdle is to find a job - so if any of you need any accountant or have any contacts please do drop me a private message.

It's true that all you want to do is get on a plane and get out there. If money wasn't an issue - flip there would be no stopping us - just can't justify giving up a good job at the moment with nothing to go to in Australia. Granted after a month or two of searching we may resign ourselves to the fact it may be the inevitable option we have to take but trying to source something while not in Australia first.
Contact Bermudashorts on here, she's an accountant here in Oz, might have a few contacts...
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

G'day everyone

Been a while since i have been on the site. We have been in Melbourne for 11 months it has flown in. Hubbys been working since we arrived, girls have settled into school and gymnastics, our 12 yr has been to Sydney to compete for the state of Victoria. Im looking for work now that everyone is settled.

Whats everyone been doing?

Andrea xx
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:19 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by ajmonty
G'day everyone

Been a while since i have been on the site. We have been in Melbourne for 11 months it has flown in. Hubbys been working since we arrived, girls have settled into school and gymnastics, our 12 yr has been to Sydney to compete for the state of Victoria. Im looking for work now that everyone is settled.

Whats everyone been doing?

Andrea xx
Been here 3.5 years now, became a citizen back in May and moved from Toowoomba to Brisbane in December. Life is good, and hopefully will get better soon, with a change of career, all being well!