Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Old Sep 25th 2011, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future
Default Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Hi

Have started this thread as last one had been closed, I guess they all got to Oz boohoo!

We lodged 175 visa back in March 2009, this week we finally got a Case Officer, and have been asked to get medicals and police checks completed. So very excited again!!!!

Please add yourself xx
Old Oct 24th 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Are we the only people trying to immigrate from Northern Ireland??
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

We are going hopefully moving in April, have everything in place just a waiting game for wrapping up my company and finishing contracts! Going to Perth!!

This weather aty moment I could be going now LOL

Are you using shipping? for house hold items? I got quotes which are somewhat differnet but same container!

PM me if you want!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Police checks easy part

Medicals are too but the fact you have to travel to Dublin for basically an hour getting meds done with quite large fees, cost us £650 for four!

Goodluck
Old Oct 25th 2011, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Hello

I thought I was on my own!

We have just completed our medicals couple of weeks ago, at the Mater Private, yes 700 euros for us 4. Results have arrived with the case officer last Friday, police checks are also away, just one more piece of info requested by co, then hopefully hopefully a visa grant!

We havnt looked into shipping yet.

Its a long process but hopefully this is us at the end!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

I am in process of getting my ARTC for electrician I have my VET cert but will have to do gap training with VET OSTR, so going the TRA ARTC way. Ive been self employed from 2007 so a bit of paper work to gather up.
Some of the criteria isnt easy to get, three references for every year, impossible.
Hopefully I will have enough for them to give cert.
Going to phone them late tonite.

Goodluck with your move.

All ship routing probably is the best, Ive went through them all.
Get them all out to quote better free estimate.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

wendels is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we are via NZ where we've been for 2 1/2 years. Going to Brisbane area , from Donaghadaee originally .. Lifes an adventure!!
Old Oct 31st 2011, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wendels
Yes we are via NZ where we've been for 2 1/2 years. Going to Brisbane area , from Donaghadaee originally .. Lifes an adventure!!
Hi wendels

how far in the process are you? Did you immigrate to NZ?

We are hoping to go to melbourne, I have family there.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 6:56 am
Just Joined

wendels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ajmonty, my OH is in Brisbane already and I'll move over in Jan during the Summer hols, still in NZ at the moment. how far along are you?
Old Nov 1st 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wendels
Hi ajmonty, my OH is in Brisbane already and I'll move over in Jan during the Summer hols, still in NZ at the moment. how far along are you?
Applied for 175 March 2009, after 2 and a half years got allocated a case officer on 21/09/11, PCC and medicals done and received by case officer, just waiting on a statement letter from Territoral Army this can take about 30 working days (my OH was in TA after leaving school). When this is received it will be a case of more waiting! Hopefully not too long
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Irish.chick.to.Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ajmonty
Applied for 175 March 2009, after 2 and a half years got allocated a case officer on 21/09/11, PCC and medicals done and received by case officer, just waiting on a statement letter from Territoral Army this can take about 30 working days (my OH was in TA after leaving school). When this is received it will be a case of more waiting! Hopefully not too long
Hi,

I am from Bangor originally but live in England now. I am just starting the process.

How come it has taken so long for the application...is that normal?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irish.chick.to.Aus
Hi,

I am from Bangor originally but live in England now. I am just starting the process.

Hi

OOOO yes we are going in 6 months YYEEEEAA HHAA

But took 18 months alot of paper work, assessments etc.. long process to be PR visa. But itll be worth it HOPE, as we dont really know what the future will holds for us!!

Goodluck with it all and if u need any help with questions reply or pm me and Ill help best I can as it can be quite daunting!!!

From Banbridge Co.Down moving with wife and kids to Perth Australia!!

Bring it on!!!!!
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Hiya

It took us so long because immigration kept changing processing priorities, when we start to get the paperwork together for Trade Assessment, most 175 visa were only taking approx 6 months.

My OH is a fitter by trade, his trade was on the critical shortage list, then the day or so before we received the trade result there was a major shake up of the trade critical list and unfortunately, his trade was removed from the list.

Hopefully things are moving again.

Where in Bangor did you live? Which visa are you applying for?

Andrea
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Irish.chick.to.Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrea, I grew up in Windsor Avenue then moved out Rathmore. My family are still there so go back regularly. Went to Grange Park then Sullivan. What about you?

At least your visa is moving again, hope it goes quick for you now. The process seems so long and I have no patience lol Just praying for some miracle that I can get sponsored. There is only me going so I could go tomorrow I have just applied for my IETLS test so it's exciting having made the decision.

Elect42 - great news about the visa. Have you booked your flights yet? Have you been out to Perth to visit. There is probably more chance of me getting sponsored there with the skills shortages but not sure if I want to go there. I just hadn't considered it before but have been doing some reading up and actually sounds lovely. It's more the distance from everywhere else that is the issue. What job are you doing?

Also thanks for the offer of advice...may well take you up on it

Zara
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi Andrea, I grew up in Windsor Avenue then moved out Rathmore. My family are still there so go back regularly. Went to Grange Park then Sullivan. What about you?

At least your visa is moving again, hope it goes quick for you now. The process seems so long and I have no patience lol Just praying for some miracle that I can get sponsored. There is only me going so I could go tomorrow I have just applied for my IETLS test so it's exciting having made the decision.

Elect42 - great news about the visa. Have you booked your flights yet? Have you been out to Perth to visit. There is probably more chance of me getting sponsored there with the skills shortages but not sure if I want to go there. I just hadn't considered it before but have been doing some reading up and actually sounds lovely. It's more the distance from everywhere else that is the issue. What job are you doing?

Also thanks for the offer of advice...may well take you up on it

Zara
Hi Zara

I moved to Bangor 1999, came from Newtownabbey. Applying for a visa can be like a rollercoater, full of highs and lows but hopefully all worth it in the end!

Good luck with the process xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.