Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Life just too short not to go. You can always come home...

Live each day to the max and enjoy the experience of a different country.

Joy
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

just relax and enjoy it - you will stick out like a sore thumb with your tan as everyone is pasty white but other than that you will be fine!

Really? I find the girls, particuarly of Belfast City to be particuarly orange
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:14 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeahMcA27
anyone else from here moving to Adelaide??
Leah this is not really something anyone but you and your family can decide rememebr it is a very long way away. You have flown itso you know.

Best thing to do is weigh up what you have here and what you hope to have in Oz. Most people on this site are very upbeat as that decision is already made and most of us just want to get b***dy moving.

Look at it this way i fully expect to only see my family once every two years once I move and that will be very hard. But basically its like a wink from a pretty girl at a party , may be something good it may be bad but i am one of those people who is happy to find out.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LeahMcA27
anyone else from here moving to Adelaide??
Hi we are thinking of moving to Adelaide too - hoping to be there around April/May next year. Never been to Adelaide, was in Brisbane in April this year and loved the lifestyle and the way its very family orientated which is the reason why we are wanting to move although I think that Adelaide might suit us better for various reasons.
I know it will be hard leaving family behind but me and the OH have talked about moving for so long that we are just going to go for it and thankfully my parents are behind us 100% - they almost moved out 30 yrs ago and didn't and have regretted it ever since.
All the best with whatever you decide anyway and if you do move make sure and keep the beer fridge stocked up for us coming over
Sinead
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:11 pm
Heading to Brisbane

snoopyntommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Hi Stanley,

If I was you, I'd get that house on the market ASAP. Mine has been up for about a month now, and still no viewers (my sister has had her house up for sale from June and hasn't had a viewer yet) I live just down the road in Newtownards, we hope to move to the Gold Coast when we eventually get the visa.

Bwefroe we decided to make the move, we hadn't heard of anyone going to Australia - now we hear of someone every other day!

Lynn xx
Sorry for butting in!! We are also heading to Oz from Newtownards!! Going to Brisbane area on Employer sponsered Visa....just waiting!!! Housing market very quiet I agree so we put ours on quietly a bit earlier than we wanted.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:59 am
Just Joined

mervbeng is an unknown quantity at this point

LeahMcA27

Based on our experience (we will be here 2 years in a couple of weeks) just go for it!

We sold up everything and move out to Melbourne with 3 suitcases and the clothes on our backs. I could never go back and I knew that within the first month

We now a great house, good jobs, fantastic lifestyle and have made some really good mates - dare I say it better then the ones we have left behind who has been crap at keeping in touch.

In the two years I have missed 9 good friends weddings, my one sisters wedding - watched it on a web cam!, the death of my 92 year old gran which was tough. I didn't return for any of these events and it is too expensive and most jobs only have 20 days annual leave anyway.

What we quickly realised is that everyone's life continues or not regardless of whether you are around our not, this is hard to accept but once you do you can get on with your own life and make the very best of the decision you have made. Do not make the mistake of living the life that others want you to live, no one only yourself will regret it if you don't make the move when you have the chance.

I was told a little know fact by an 70 year old Irish migrant a few weeks back. Of the many 1000s who came out from Ireland in the 10 pound boats, 60% returned within 18 months as the wife's in particular missed their families so much, however of that 60 %, 80% returned back to Aus with 6 months as when got home they saw that everyone was OK without them, nothing had changed and it was still raining! And that the life they had left behind in Aus was so much better.

If it doesn't work out you can be back where you came from in less than 24 hours for 600 pounds ( sorry there are no pound symbols on this Aussie keyboard!).and stay with family or friends to you get back on you feet again.

I hope everyone who is waiting gets that visa page your passports very soon!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by snoopyntommy
Sorry for butting in!! We are also heading to Oz from Newtownards!! Going to Brisbane area on Employer sponsered Visa....just waiting!!! Housing market very quiet I agree so we put ours on quietly a bit earlier than we wanted.

Hello!!!

So you live in Newtownards too? Since deciding to go to OZ, I have heard of quite a few people in the local area thinking about it. Have you had any movement on the sale of your house yet? Still no viewers for us Where abouts do you live in Ard's? We are just off Stratheden? Do you have children going to OZ with you? We have 2. Anyway.............................. better go do some work

Lynn xx
Old Oct 4th 2007, 6:21 pm
Heading to Brisbane

Hi Lynn

Nice to hear of someone else from Ards! We too have two kids, a girl 17 and a boy 12. We hoping to go to Brisbane. My hubbie has been offered a job with Queensland Ambulance and we have medicals done, and visa submitted, so just waiting! We are just beside Regent House and have just put our house up. We have had one viewer - who was supposed to come back tonight but so far hasnt showed There are a few houses up for sale down here so that isnt helping! Where abouts in Oz are you heading and how far in the process are you? Whereabouts in Stratheden are you? Hope to hear from you soon. Lynda
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

We have submitted our visa application in August - my husband's occupation is on the MODL list so it's a 136. We just have to sit and wait.............................................. ................ it will be months before we hear anything.

My eldest daughter (12) goes to Regent House, do your kids? Youngest (5 in a few weeks) goes to Abbey Primary. I live in Mandeville - I think you might know Donna that lives across from me! She mentioned to me about someone she knows moving to OZ and the guy was going to work for the ambulance service. Small world

We are planning on going to the Gold Coast, dont know which area yet.

Lynn xx
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:16 pm
Heading to Brisbane

Hi Lynn

Isnt it a small world! We know Donna and Graham well. Both the kids go to Regent. Stephen the youngest is really keen, Laura isnt so keen (she is 17 in December) but what 16/17 year old is agreeable at that age!! Hopefully if we do go she will get to love it! We are looking at locating north west of Brisbane. We have family that live in Redland Bay and just love it, so hopefully we will find somewhere between Redland Bay and Ipswich. My hubby is going over at the end of October to research schools, housing etc as we are not just too sure where Laura would fit in. We should keep in touch and see how things work out! Lynda x
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Saundee is on a distinguished road

I'm from Armagh / Portadown originally - lived in Liverpool then moved to Belfast before coming out to Brisbane with my wife and baby.

We've just got our citizenship - we haven't looked back it is a fantastic lifestyle. Brisbane has proved a great place to settle (Out of the rest of Australia Hobart could be a close second tho - still havent seen Perth yet).

www.orangeaustralia.net

Last edited by Saundee; Oct 5th 2007 at 1:26 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Lynda

Just speaking to my eldest Chloe there, asking her if she knows your son but she said he's in 1st year - Chloe is in 2nd! Anyway, she said "remember a boy ripped my trousers at Crosstracks? It was Stephen that did it"

Donna is my "walking partner", although in saying that we haven't been out in ages. Really must get started again - want to have that beach body for when we get to Australia

Lynn xx
Old Oct 5th 2007, 5:57 pm
Heading to Brisbane

Hi Lynn

That is so funny - leave it to Stephen - typical boy - can't leave the girls alone!! Isn't the world a small place! Haven't been speaking to Donna for a couple of weeks so must catch up with her! Hope you get your house sorted soon, the market really does seem to have slowed down Keep in touch and let us know how things go. Lynda x x
Old Oct 5th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

I was just wondering if anyone can help me.........we are in the process of immigrating and are waiting for visa to be submitted I was just curious of this is all successful obviously we will be Australian Residents but at what point ot we get citizenship??? Just very new to this all.

many thanks

nadine and darren
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Originally Posted by aus2be
I was just wondering if anyone can help me.........we are in the process of immigrating and are waiting for visa to be submitted I was just curious of this is all successful obviously we will be Australian Residents but at what point ot we get citizenship??? Just very new to this all.

many thanks

nadine and darren
Hi aus2be as far as i know you can apply for citizenship after 4 years ,what part of oz are you hoping to live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.