Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

I too have lived most of my life in Bangor, I now work there. The original Pickie Pool is no more, and hasn't been for quite some years. The original pool was filled with sea water We now have Pickie Fun Park which does have a childrens paddling pool and also a pool which the swan boats are on. It is now owned by M&D's in Scotland and the prices are extortionate My daughter does love the park there tho, but it's always full - mainly of people from Belfast down for the day

Lynn xx
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Anyone got news yet.... Anything exciting lol..... Our medicals with the co now (took 10 weeks) so thats it for us.... Just waiting like usual....

Any of the N Ireland bunch going over the Perth??

Good luck all xx

Joy
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by charmed
Anyone got news yet.... Anything exciting lol..... Our medicals with the co now (took 10 weeks) so thats it for us.... Just waiting like usual....

Good luck all xx

Joy
Hi All,
Thought I would jump in here too as I'm also from Larne and just recently submitted the visa app. I wonder is that why there are soooo many houses up for sale in Larne at the min - everyones moving to Oz

We're looking at going to Adelaide although we also love Canada but really it all comes down to what comes through first - the oz visa or a job offer in Canada, all we know is we are moving away from here

Sinead
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by charmed

Good luck all xx

Joy

Hi Joy we have a while to go yet. Our visa application was submitted on 17th August, and apparently they are receipting applications received around 23rd July, we are going to get our police checks done and ring around about medicals.

If you dont mind me asking where did you get your medicals and x rays done. I called Antrim hospital about the X Rays and they said they arent doing them at the minute, so I called the Belfast Clinic who said they would be 70 each, I havent rang about medicals yet but I know Dr Hopkins in Larne does them which would be really handy!

Gill
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi All,
Thought I would jump in here too as I'm also from Larne and just recently submitted the visa app. I wonder is that why there are soooo many houses up for sale in Larne at the min - everyones moving to Oz

We're looking at going to Adelaide although we also love Canada but really it all comes down to what comes through first - the oz visa or a job offer in Canada, all we know is we are moving away from here

Sinead

Hi Sinead, we are also from Larne, our Visa application for Oz was submitted on 17th August, our house is up for sale at the minute, wish we had put it up a couple of months earlier, we put it up at the start of July and have only had 4 viewers, 3 of them didnt even have their houses up for sale. I think there are just too many greedy people in the town at the minute wanting over the odds for their houses so they have put them up for sale! But do you blame us for wanting to leave.

Gill
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

BoredinBelfast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Joy we have a while to go yet. Our visa application was submitted on 17th August, and apparently they are receipting applications received around 23rd July, we are going to get our police checks done and ring around about medicals.

If you dont mind me asking where did you get your medicals and x rays done. I called Antrim hospital about the X Rays and they said they arent doing them at the minute, so I called the Belfast Clinic who said they would be 70 each, I havent rang about medicals yet but I know Dr Hopkins in Larne does them which would be really handy!

Gill
Hi Gill

When we checked the DIMA website and checked with our agent (employer appointed for 457) we were told that there is only one approved medical centre in NI. That was on Donegal Rd just off Bradbury Place in Belfast. If there were others I would recommend trying them! We found the one in Belfast had long queues to get appointments but also the doc was a bit strange (asking a 16 mth old to stand on scales on his own )they forgot to DHL the med's - long story. Basically if there are others I would try them first. For the x-rays we found the Ulster Independent to be really good with quick appointments and no hanging around when we got there. Good Luck!! Oh - we are off to Sydney in Nov - if we ever get the visa!! Cheers, Tom
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough

We got ours done with Dr Hopkins who is an approved doctor. He is also our doctor which was great. Much cheaper than going to belfast. We had our xrays done at Belfast City. 35 pound per person..... Hope that helps...

Joy

We had no waiting times for meds and xrays and are renting so we can get a reference to take with us to oz.

Last edited by charmed; Sep 25th 2007 at 9:27 am. Reason: added more....
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sinead, we are also from Larne, our Visa application for Oz was submitted on 17th August, our house is up for sale at the minute, wish we had put it up a couple of months earlier, we put it up at the start of July and have only had 4 viewers, 3 of them didnt even have their houses up for sale. I think there are just too many greedy people in the town at the minute wanting over the odds for their houses so they have put them up for sale! But do you blame us for wanting to leave.

Gill
Hi Gill,
Yeah our app was only sent off last week and we are already thinking of putting the house on the market as it does seem to have slowed down a lot recently. Fingers crossed you will get a buyer soon - will you rent for awhile if you get a buyer before the visa?
Also can you let me know if you get any prices for your meds and what the waiting times are like for appointments?

Cheers,
Sinead
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

HI All,

I did a ring around the other week, got the list of the website and Downpatrick turns out to be the cheapest for medicals and xrays - only thing is there is about 1 months waiting list.

We sent our application away in august, asked agent should we go ahead and have meds etc. done but she told us to wait until her instruction

Patiently waiting......................

Lynn xx
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

mervbeng is an unknown quantity at this point

Orginally from a farm at the Castledawson Roundabout opposite the KFC!

Lived in Scotland for 12 years before moving the Melbourne almost 2 years ago with wife and 10 month old girl

For everyone who is awaiting, trust me it is worth every second!

Based on my experience everything falls into place just at the right time and Australia is all it is cracked up to be and much more.

Watched Snow Patrol last week in Melbourne, reminded me alot of NI but when I walked out into the 20oC night life felt v good!

Happy to give any advice on our experience and if you want a job in IT drop me a note as my company is mad for decent staff at the moment. Thjey are sponsoring people as well if you are willing to travel out here for interviews
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mervbeng
Orginally from a farm at the Castledawson Roundabout opposite the KFC!

Lived in Scotland for 12 years before moving the Melbourne almost 2 years ago with wife and 10 month old girl

For everyone who is awaiting, trust me it is worth every second!

Based on my experience everything falls into place just at the right time and Australia is all it is cracked up to be and much more.

Watched Snow Patrol last week in Melbourne, reminded me alot of NI but when I walked out into the 20oC night life felt v good!

Happy to give any advice on our experience and if you want a job in IT drop me a note as my company is mad for decent staff at the moment. Thjey are sponsoring people as well if you are willing to travel out here for interviews

Hi,

I have PM'd you

Cheers,
Sinead
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the4ofus
HI All,

I did a ring around the other week, got the list of the website and Downpatrick turns out to be the cheapest for medicals and xrays - only thing is there is about 1 months waiting list.

We sent our application away in august, asked agent should we go ahead and have meds etc. done but she told us to wait until her instruction

Patiently waiting......................

Lynn xx

Hi Lynn, we are in the same position, our Agent said the same to us, he said wait until we have a case file number, I think it is because there are loads that go missing if there is no file reference or case officer appointed. All this waiting is terrible, we just have really itchy feet and want to go, oh well this website keeps us busy, and its great to talk to other people in the same position as us.

Gill
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:24 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynn, we are in the same position, our Agent said the same to us, he said wait until we have a case file number, I think it is because there are loads that go missing if there is no file reference or case officer appointed. All this waiting is terrible, we just have really itchy feet and want to go, oh well this website keeps us busy, and its great to talk to other people in the same position as us.

Gill
Hello

One more on the list , Application went end of August after Skills assessment was completed. Currently living In East Belfast.

Hoping to move to Geelong.

As for the property market have not got the House on the market as we have not got the actual visa. From what I hear its just stopped at present.

Best of luck
Stanley
Old Sep 25th 2007, 2:01 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally from Derry but getting married to OH in Brisbane next march(just in time for St pats weekend,happy days) Just sorting out all the paper work like yourselves so good luck to you all and last one off the island switch the lights off and cancel the milk
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Zambia
Hello

One more on the list , Application went end of August after Skills assessment was completed. Currently living In East Belfast.

Hoping to move to Geelong.

As for the property market have not got the House on the market as we have not got the actual visa. From what I hear its just stopped at present.

Best of luck
Stanley
Hi Stanley,

If I was you, I'd get that house on the market ASAP. Mine has been up for about a month now, and still no viewers (my sister has had her house up for sale from June and hasn't had a viewer yet) I live just down the road in Newtownards, we hope to move to the Gold Coast when we eventually get the visa.

Bwefroe we decided to make the move, we hadn't heard of anyone going to Australia - now we hear of someone every other day!

Lynn xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.