Reload this Page >

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

carolk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Hiya
My OH is from Newry, and we are currently here, but I am Australian and have finally convinced him to give it a try in Melbourne. We are flying over early November with our wee girl. Hopefully all goes well!!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:14 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carolk
Hiya
My OH is from Newry, and we are currently here, but I am Australian and have finally convinced him to give it a try in Melbourne. We are flying over early November with our wee girl. Hopefully all goes well!!
My brother lives in somewhere called Rathfriland around your neck of the woods. I live in Melbourne & I know which I prefer.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

carolk is on a distinguished road

Ha!! We are 3 miles from Rathfriland!! We can see it from our house!! Are you originally from there?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

the4macs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
thought i would join in with you lot!!!
Myself Husband and 2 children[age 8&5] are hoping to head out early next year to redland, bayside Brisbane.
We live 5 miles outside Newry co Down,and like you have all said the housing market has hit an all time low we have had the house on the market for 5 weeks, and 10 viewings later not one offer:curse:
Our visa application has been away a total of 14 weeks and we haven't heard a "DICKIE BIRD" we frontloaded our meds last week so there probably sitting in a pile somewere in Sydney!!!
so the house is the least of my worries at the moment[would prefer to have visa and not be homeless]
Theres more people leaving Nr Ireland than i thought,we could nearly start our own FORUM
Good luck to everyone & keep in touch

Andrea
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Hi everyone

Do you blame us all for jumping ship! There isnt really much to see and do in Northern Ireland really is there, On a bank holiday where to you go either Portrush, Bangor or the Zoo, Great! at least in Oz you have a wider choice of places to go, and at least the beaches are clean, not like here!

Its great to hear we arent on our own and its great to be able to chat to others that are in the same position

Gill
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:24 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carolk
Ha!! We are 3 miles from Rathfriland!! We can see it from our house!! Are you originally from there?
Nah Carol I'm originally from Scotland but my father was from Coleraine. My younger brother decided a few years ago to go & live in N.Ireland while I came to Sunny Melbourne.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the4macs
Hi everyone
Myself Husband and 2 children[age 8&5] are hoping to head out early next year to redland, bayside Brisbane.
We live 5 miles outside Newry co Down,and like you have all said the housing market has hit an all time low we have had the house on the market for 5 weeks, and 10 viewings later not one offer:curse:
Our visa application has been away a total of 14 weeks and we haven't heard a "DICKIE BIRD" we frontloaded our meds last week so there probably sitting in a pile somewere in Sydney!!!
so the house is the least of my worries at the moment[would prefer to have visa and not be homeless]
Theres more people leaving Nr Ireland than i thought,we could nearly start our own FORUM

Andrea
Any news yet on the house front. Keepig my fingers crossed for you.

Trish
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markandgill
There isnt really much to see and do in Northern Ireland really is there, On a bank holiday where to you go either Portrush, Bangor or the Zoo
Hey have you never been to the Ulster Folk Museum and Pickie Pool?

Of course now we have the Australia Zoo and the Big Banana!

JTL
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Yeh been to the Folk and Transport Museum a few times, Find it all quite boring the only reason we went was to take my 3 year old to the transport museum (he is a big Thomas the Tank Engine fan) Never heard or Pickie Pool, is it the outside pool in Bangor?

Gill
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

the4macs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Trish
no word on the house front,or any front for that matter!!!
what about you's what stage are you at?

Andrea
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

elf1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Trish
no word on the house front,or any front for that matter!!!
what about you's what stage are you at?

Andrea
Hi There,

I am a Carrick girl born and bred, left over ten years ago and now living in England. Where are you all hopefully heading too?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:25 am
Just Joined

brizvegas123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello we are here (originally from Limavady & Lurgan ) and now in Manly in Brisbane - have been here since June 2005 - best move we ever made - you will just love it when you get here

PM us if you have any questions or advice!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:28 am
Just Joined

brizvegas123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello - good luck with it all - Redland bay is just gorgeous what a great place to bring up a family - no grey skies hooray!!

we love it here and have no regrets about making the move from Norn Iron

Hi everyone

Andrea
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markandgill
Yeh been to the Folk and Transport Museum a few times, Find it all quite boring the only reason we went was to take my 3 year old to the transport museum (he is a big Thomas the Tank Engine fan) Never heard or Pickie Pool, is it the outside pool in Bangor?

Gill
My wife still complains about not having been taken to the Museum! Parhaps you could convince her that she hadn't missed much. Yes, Pickie Pool in Bangor. My two little nephews love going there with their grandparents.

The wife also never believed me that everyone from Belfast went to Bangor for holiday weekends until she read this thread. She didn't know how lucky she was to have lived in sunny Bangor.

JTL
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Hi JTL

Yeh tell your wife from me she didnt miss anything! I know what you mean about people from Belfast going to Bangor for their holidays, I work with loads of people who have have caravans down the County Down coast and I think it is really funny and quite sad thats where go on holidays! Think they are still living in the past.

We just cant wait to get out to Oz and enjoy the Outdoor Life, we are heading to the Bundaberg area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.