Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
Hi CarolK and the Irish Family,

Just to let you know was in Hilltown the other day, heading through the mountains and down into Rostrevor, and I have to say it is God's own country. I would also be in 'the point' regularly if I go the other way and you know what hubbie and I often wonder, where the heck else in the entire planet would you get more magnificent views than this?

By the way, we travel these roads from Banbridge to go to Cranfield, baltic cold at the moment, so I don't reckon we will be there this Easter, even though we've booked the Harbour Inn in Annalong for Easter Sunday lunch,( even though I know that Camacazi frequents there!!!!!!!) too cold!!!!

Is Oz really all that guys? What about the Mournes, St Patrick, Finn McCool, Giant's Causeway, Lough Neigh and not forgetting embracing our new multicultural society? Is it worth the move?

Lynne x
hi lynne

sounds like your still not to sure about the move
i think your right about it being way too cold for a caravan this week, get yourself over to oz for couple of weeks an see what you think, i'll watch the caravan for you
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Hi Caroline,

have no money to go to Oz at the moment, got a back dated rates bill for 3 years so we are broke at the moment. It is on business premesis, so it is huge.

Might go to Cranfield and at some stage when weather improves, kids only off today for 2 and a bit weeks, so hopefully things will improve cos don't want to give Chestnutt's even more money!!!!!!!

Heavy gales now here in Banbridge, hopefully see you soon,

Lynne x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:51 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

I know it is gods country rostrevor i was born and bred ther so i shud know every nook and cranny lol It is a beautiful spot . But i have no regrets moving to perth it is a beautiful country and we also have th advantage f the weather lol Ill do a holiday swap with use ill take ur caravan u take my house 4 but the only thing is u have to keep it clean and feed the dogs ill even throw in the hubby lmao. So what part f oz r use thinking f ?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Hi,

We're thinking of Victoria, somewhere along the mornington Peninsula, but have to say it is becoming less and less likely.

I am the one who keeps having doubts and I know it is about lifestyle and for the kids etc, but I have a comfortable lifestyle and we are doing alright financially and if we went there it would be to struggle all over again.

I also worry about my eldest child who is autistic and doing great in a learning support centre, Oz doesn't seem to have support schools for kids with mild learning difficulties.

I think if someone would sort out all the hassle of selling up and sorting stuff and set me there it might be different, but it's all the stress of going etc.

When we first decided on this we were as keen as mustard, my husband spent a year upgrading his degree so we were eligable etc, but then as time goes on I think no.

I'm probably only 20% about going now, OH is 100%.

Didn't get to caravan, too cold.

Lynne x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:27 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Hi lynne i was reading ur post and ur woorys about schools i work with a guy whos brother has autisim and he is at school and loves it the school he is at it wonderful but i c ur looking at victoria we r in perth .So there is good schools out there . And don`t have 2nd thoughts it will take u a while but i promise u it will be worth the move .

Sharon
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

carolk is on a distinguished road

Hi Lynne

That's a good question, it is a beautiful part of the world.
I'm biased as I'm Australian, but it is a hard decision. I suppose it comes down to the realities of it.
We live in the suburbs of eastern Melbourne, which do not even compare to the beauty of the Mournes, but are a lot nicer than some of the surrounding areas here in Melbourne. The greener parts of Australia are extremely beautiful, but to live here you face the risks of bushfire, snakes etc, sometimes less local amenities. However small the risks, they still exist. At least around the Mournes all you can expect is snow and bitter cold winters! Nothing too drastic!
When we left Newry the house prices were stagnant, but it still cost an arm and a leg to get a decent property in the rural areas. We would have been most interested in building, but where we lived, there wasn't even a chance of us getting permission on family land, not to mention getting planning permissions takes years, and we didn't want to wait.
Houses prices here are getting ridiculous aswell, but not as much as Newry, however, wages here are rubbish so it's a tricky one.
For us, a lot of it came down to trying both locations and comparing. We haven't bought here in Melbourne yet, so we still may return to Ireland. We'll give it a little longer to treat us good, before we make the big decision to return.
I think if was all about scenary, South Down would win hands down!
And that's coming from an Australian!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:33 am
Sharon

The wages here are`nt 2 bad but i think its alot laid back here than ireland well south down lol. What makes u think u will move back ?