Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving with Bishops Move/Moves

Anyone moving with Bishops Move/Moves

Old Sep 9th 2002, 2:49 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone moving with Bishops Move/Moves

Just a word of warning, I was due to have a quote from Bishops Move Birmingham but they cancelled due to them being closed down by their parent company Moves. I think they may be going bump, I had another rep from another company and word is that Moves has problems.

Having more quotes this week and I will post all the results at the end of the week.

Paula
Old Sep 9th 2002, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone moving with Bishops Move/Moves

Originally posted by Watt Dabney:
Just a word of warning, I was due to have a quote from Bishops Move Birmingham but they cancelled due to them being closed down by their parent company Moves. I think they may be going bump, I had another rep from another company and word is that Moves has problems.

Having more quotes this week and I will post all the results at the end of the week.

Paula
Thanks for the warning Paula, keep us posted on the others.
Sue
Old Sep 10th 2002, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Paula
Thanks for this. Would be really interested to know how you get on as, if my memory serves me right, you are headed to Christchurch too.

Lizzie
Old Sep 10th 2002, 3:41 pm
Siobhan Hanrahan

Hi,

Have just had loads of quotes done & Moves was the most expensive.

Siobhan

"Watt Dabney" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just a word of warning, I was due to have a quote from Bishops Move Birmingham but
    > they cancelled due to them being closed down by their parent company Moves. I think
    > they may be going bump, I had another rep from another company and word is that
    > Moves has problems.
    > Having more quotes this week and I will post all the results at the end of
    > the week.
    > Paula
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 10th 2002, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

max kilby is an unknown quantity at this point

Paula
Us too!!

Should be able to give ideas to everyone else about 'the full monty' of removal quotes in a couple of weeks.

We are seeing Britannia, Avalon, Internation Removal Co, John Mason and Pickfords.

Ouch!

MAX
Old Sep 11th 2002, 2:11 pm
Daves

> We are seeing Britannia, Avalon, Internation Removal Co, John Mason and Pickfords.

and I've got Crown, Avalon, Pickfords and Anglo-Pacific - I'll report the relative
costs etc.

Old Sep 11th 2002, 4:40 pm
Vera.Wood

Hi I used Anglo Pacific and found them very good,reasonable price and helpful.

DaveS wrote:

> >
    > > We are seeing Britannia, Avalon, Internation Removal Co, John Mason and
    > > Pickfords.
    > and I've got Crown, Avalon, Pickfords and Anglo-Pacific - I'll report the relative
    > costs etc.

Old Sep 12th 2002, 8:43 pm
Nicki

Same for us - with Pickfords. They were very good, despite our last minute change of
plans (i.e. putting our stuff into storage rather than shipping it to NZ straight
away). Obviously I can't yet comment about their unpacking!

Nicki.

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:40:20 +0100, "Vera.Wood" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi I used Anglo Pacific and found them very good,reasonable price and helpful.
    >DaveS wrote:
    >> >
    >> > We are seeing Britannia, Avalon, Internation Removal Co, John Mason and
    >> > Pickfords.
    >> and I've got Crown, Avalon, Pickfords and Anglo-Pacific - I'll report the relative
    >> costs etc.

Old Sep 12th 2002, 9:21 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Quotes recieved so far both Pickfords and Whites came back with the same figure of £2950.00 for a reefer 20ft container. To pack, deliver and unpack, marine insurance will be extra at about 3% of the value. Awaiting quote from PSS and the Anglo Pacific guy is coming tommorrow.
By the way we are going from Midlands UK to Christchurch NZ.

Will post the other quotes when I get them.

Paula