Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone moved from adelaide? are you warmer

anyone moved from adelaide? are you warmer

Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: anyone moved from adelaide? are you warmer

Hi Ellie, I suffer from Raynauds too We have moved to the Whitsundays in Queensland, the climate is absolutely perfect (aside from the cyclone that hit a few months ago ) and I have never felt cold in the year we have been here - absolute bliss

It does get quite humid here in the summer, but i dont know if its due to the Raynauds or just me but I seem to have a high tolerance to heat and humidity...to the point where i was never uncomfortable last summer. In fairness though I dont work outside!!My other half would say otherwise..he had a real sweaty summer!!

On a side note we spent 8 months in New Zealand before landing in Australia and the winter there nearly finished me off ha-ha

Good luck with where ever you decide

Koolcat
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone moved from adelaide? are you warmer

I live near Adelaide and, as my name may suggest, live in the Hills. Yes it gets 'cold' here in Winter - had 'ice' on the windscreen the other morning. But during the day (most days anyway) the sky is blue and the sun is out. We are in Winter now - it's the shortest day very soon - and this week the daytime temperature will be between 18 and 20 degC. So, yes the night is cold but the days are more than bearable - better than 40degC that we get in the Summer at any rate.