Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in Port Stephens?

Anyone live in Port Stephens?

Old May 13th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live in Port Stephens?

Good morning Ladies

I shall see you at Greenhills (Gloria Jeans???) at 12.45pm on Wednesday - if you want to start earlier feel free!!

I have tried to attach files from a recent sandboarding trip at the bay and an amazing sunset we watched at Birubi Beach......hope they are there.....!

Nikki x
Attached Thumbnails Anyone live in Port Stephens?-img_1378.jpg   Anyone live in Port Stephens?-img_1376.jpg   Anyone live in Port Stephens?-img_1370.jpg  
Old May 13th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
WOW! It was worth the wait! Absolutely spectacular. I love the skies around here, I could watch them for ages (and I do, in fact!) .

Northerner - who do you dive with? Is there a club/centre you could recommend?
Hi

Looking forward to meeting you on Wednesday.

Regards diving, we booked our sandboarding at Nelson Bay and I believe you can book dives from there aswell. They have an office under the Hogsbreath restaurant, along the marina front. I have a leaflet on it which I can bring on Wednesday.

Off to work now....

Fab photo SB, I saw that sky on the way home last night, I tried to photograph it from inside the car and all I got was white flash photo reflecting from the glass!!!!! Seems there were a few of us admiring that sky yesterday!!!

Nikki
Old May 14th 2007, 12:10 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Stunning Pics!!!
Old May 14th 2007, 10:06 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Northerner - who do you dive with? Is there a club/centre you could recommend?
Sorry for being so slow in replying

We have our own gear and as there is so much good (and I mean GOOD) shore diving in Nelson Bay area we just jump in on our own. We have been on boat dives out to Broughton Island though - we went with Pro Dive at the marina in Nelson Bay and they were very good (if a little pricey). I think there may be other operators but not sure of their names/location to be honest.

Cheers,

Graham
Old May 14th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Sorry for being so slow in replying

We have our own gear and as there is so much good (and I mean GOOD) shore diving in Nelson Bay area we just jump in on our own. We have been on boat dives out to Broughton Island though - we went with Pro Dive at the marina in Nelson Bay and they were very good (if a little pricey). I think there may be other operators but not sure of their names/location to be honest.

Cheers,

Graham
Thanks! I think I'll have to go up and do a proper reccie of my own and trawl all the centres/operators up there. OH has his own kit, but I don't. (And until I get my arse in to some paid employment I won't be shelling out on any either!) Until then maybe I'll just buy myself a mask&snorkel and splash around in the shallows on my own!
Old May 15th 2007, 8:27 am

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I think I'll have to go up and do a proper reccie of my own and trawl all the centres/operators up there. OH has his own kit, but I don't. (And until I get my arse in to some paid employment I won't be shelling out on any either!) Until then maybe I'll just buy myself a mask&snorkel and splash around in the shallows on my own!
Hope the work thing happens for you, diving in Port Stephens is amazing and you don't need to go out on a boat, just jump in off the beach in a lot of locations.

This guy http://www.daveharasti.com/ is a marine biologist based in Nelson Bay studying the seahorses there. His photos of marine life in the bay are amazing - and he's a really nice bloke to boot!!

Here's a few shots of life under the water in Port Stephens from our last visit there a couple of weeks ago...

Get underwater as soon as you can LOL

Graham
Attached Thumbnails Anyone live in Port Stephens?-moray2640.jpg   Anyone live in Port Stephens?-nudi3640.jpg   Anyone live in Port Stephens?-nudi4640.jpg   Anyone live in Port Stephens?-nudis.jpg   Anyone live in Port Stephens?-wobby640.jpg  

Old May 15th 2007, 8:38 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Hope the work thing happens for you, diving in Port Stephens is amazing and you don't need to go out on a boat, just jump in off the beach in a lot of locations.

This guy http://www.daveharasti.com/ is a marine biologist based in Nelson Bay studying the seahorses there. His photos of marine life in the bay are amazing - and he's a really nice bloke to boot!!

Here's a few shots of life under the water in Port Stephens from our last visit there a couple of weeks ago...

Graham
Fantastic pics!!
Old May 15th 2007, 9:20 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Graham
great piccies graham. but what on earth is that thing on the left, dont tell me its an eel
Old May 15th 2007, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
great piccies graham. but what on earth is that thing on the left, dont tell me its an eel
Yes, it's a yellow Moray Eel. But don't worry, they keep themselves to themselves and are harmless (unless to poke your finger at it - then it will take one of your digits off with no trouble whatsoever )

Graham