Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone live on goldcoast study in brissy?

anyone live on goldcoast study in brissy?

Old Jun 28th 2008, 9:06 am
Just Joined

anitblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone live on goldcoast study in brissy?

Hi i am pretty new to all this. Hoping to go to goldcoast on student visa july 09. The courses are a bit limited for me,i dont fancy hairdressing or baker/hospitality. I would like to try welfare work but the nearest tafe is metropolitan south in brissy? Anyone doing this commute and if so how do they find it? cheers tina x
Old Jun 28th 2008, 9:28 am
Hopeful Idealist

janicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant future
Default Re: anyone live on goldcoast study in brissy?

Originally Posted by anitblue
Hi i am pretty new to all this. Hoping to go to goldcoast on student visa july 09. The courses are a bit limited for me,i dont fancy hairdressing or baker/hospitality. I would like to try welfare work but the nearest tafe is metropolitan south in brissy? Anyone doing this commute and if so how do they find it? cheers tina x
I might be wrong, but I did see a TAFE in Southport, near the Australia Fair, I think. And the commute from the Robina Station to Central in Brissy is about 1 hour and 15 min. Too far really! I'm in the same dilemma, might find it hard to find a job in GC, so might have to commute to Brissy everyday!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

There is also a TAFE in Ashmore, however, don't know if they are running the course you are interested in doing. You may have already checked this out, but if not have a look at the website www.goldcoast.tafe.qld.gov.au
Good luck..
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

anitblue is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh already checked this out. They only do the welfare coure in brissy.. if i want to go to goldcoasttafe it is either hairdressing or baker/hospitality, i am really struggling because none of the latter appeal to me! If any one has done or is doing these courses PLEASE let me know how you are goin with them. thanks tina x