Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Old May 28th 2009, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Originally Posted by clothmama
I can just see Sarah ordering veggies iwth no sauce and boiled rice
I feel victimised! You make it sound like I like my food!
Old May 28th 2009, 7:39 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Safin
I am up for any of them. Oriental palace is the one opposite enzios. It tastes fine to me. Eaten once from China Pearl and also ok. Never tried China World (thats the one on a junction I think its yellow signed. Pearl looks classiest. No idea which are BYO though.

I'll drive - chinese is bad enough let alone alcohol for calories and I want to buy skinny (well less fat) clothes on my UK spree next month

I'll pick you up Mrs Kiwi and head straight there with you - anyone else need collecting/dropping off?
I drive if anyone else needs a lift as Safin kindly dropped me back to Wondunna last time. Any takers?
Old May 28th 2009, 7:43 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by clothmama
I can just see Sarah ordering veggies iwth no sauce and boiled rice
No rice is carbs, just meat which is protein will be better. No sauce though.

Sorry Sarah talking as though you aren't there.
Old May 28th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

I feel victimised! You make it sound like I like my food!
Well when you started licking the plate, it did get our attention last time!!!!

Only kidding.

PS if I am feeling better tomorrow do I still get my lift.

Mrs Isle
Old May 28th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
OK, I'm going to book China Pearl for 7.30pm tomorrow. Unless you hear otherwise assume it is all booked.

Safin, thanks for the offer of the lift - I'm right at the Urangan end of Truro St and will be waiting outside for you - say 7.15 ish or whenever suits you. Many thanks.
Now women what have I told you about hanging around on street corners.

Mrs Isle
Old May 28th 2009, 8:12 am
The Brains

Originally Posted by isle
Now women what have I told you about hanging around on street corners.

Mrs Isle
Some habits never die!!
Old May 28th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

ok Ladies I will order a carrot stick and a slice of meat. I'll wash it down with a glass of water!

Isle - Better? you ill? yes you get the lift

Seriously - anyone wanting a lift please say so - I am storing up favours for when I am back on the sauce! Includes you ray2gill - it only takes a few mins to run around the bay!

7.15 tart (love you really Mrs Kiwi) at end of truro st, round from there to Isle and on to restaurant at the mo - reverse on way home. Can do wondunna if you want?

Last edited by Safin; May 28th 2009 at 9:43 am.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

OK, I'm going to book China Pearl for 7.30pm tomorrow. Unless you hear otherwise assume it is all booked.

Safin, thanks for the offer of the lift - I'm right at the Urangan end of Truro St and will be waiting outside for you - say 7.15 ish or whenever suits you. Many thanks.
China pearl sounds good to me .... I will get my new lodger to run me down!!!

Anglea xx
Old May 29th 2009, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Whateva!!! I'm a tart with a heart and there is nothing wrong with hanging around on street corners - how do you think I'm paying for my meal tonight??!!

Guys, I had the vomiting lurgy yesterday but am better today - however my tummy doesn't fancy drinking tonight so Safin, I am more than happy to drive and pick up you, me and Isle (and Gillian in Wondunna) if you change your mind.

However if you've definitely resolved to drive then we'll keep the pick up route the same. Thanks again.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:28 am
The Brains

ok Ladies I will order a carrot stick and a slice of meat. I'll wash it down with a glass of water!

Isle - Better? you ill? yes you get the lift

Seriously - anyone wanting a lift please say so - I am storing up favours for when I am back on the sauce! Includes you ray2gill - it only takes a few mins to run around the bay!

7.15 tart (love you really Mrs Kiwi) at end of truro st, round from there to Isle and on to restaurant at the mo - reverse on way home. Can do wondunna if you want?
Thank you for offering will get hubby to drop me down for 7:30pm.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:31 am
The Brains

Whateva!!! I'm a tart with a heart and there is nothing wrong with hanging around on street corners - how do you think I'm paying for my meal tonight??!!
I hope business is brisk then!
Old May 29th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

goosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nice

Originally Posted by isle
Hi Goosefat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Not long now.

Mrs Isle
Oh thanks Mrs Isle !!!! had a good one cant wait to see you all soon

Tam xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 30th 2009, 2:11 pm
The Brains

Great night out at China Pearl.

Happy hols to those lucky enough to be going back to the Old Country!!!

Don't work toooooo hard the rest of you!

When everyone's back how about arranging a bowling evening or some other activity? I am totally useless but hay ho!

Take care
G.
Old May 31st 2009, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Jojo and Andy will become famous soon enoughJojo and Andy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Great night out at China Pearl.

Happy hols to those lucky enough to be going back to the Old Country!!!

Don't work toooooo hard the rest of you!

When everyone's back how about arranging a bowling evening or some other activity? I am totally useless but hay ho!

Take care
G.
Hi I agree the China Pearl was brill.

Looking forward to going bowling now. Happy Holidays Gill and Ray.

Jojo xx
Old May 31st 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Evening

I have tomorrow off, so if anyone wants to meet me & angela we will be having coffee at Enzos at 10.

Bowling sounds good count me in, can we have the rails up though!!!!

Mrs Isle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.