Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Originally Posted by Cookster
You are a nightmare!!!!!
Dont say stuff like that or they will be too frightened to come out to play lol

I`ll have you know we are fine upstanding (well most of the time ) Australian citizens.......................................... ...

Its just as well I like you!!!

Angela x
I'll certainly vouch for that bit Angela Have a great weekend
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Morning all,
really nice to meet Tracy and Andy last night in Hoolihans.
Wishing them all the best with the purchase of a car today !!!!!!

Angela
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough

Awwww sorry I didn't make it down, was after 8.30 before the kids were asleep and by then I was tooooo tired!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cookster
Morning all,
really nice to meet Tracy and Andy last night in Hoolihans.
Wishing them all the best with the purchase of a car today !!!!!!

Angela
It was a pleasure to meet you guys!!
Although we were a bit tired and probably talking gibberish half the time!

Next time Clothmama...
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Can anyone help me?
I'm going around in circles looking at broadband and home phone suppliers.
It looks either really expensive or they don't do the area i'm in (Urangan).

Any ideas anyone?

Tracy
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough

Hi Tracey, Mr CM spent hours working out the best / cheapest system for us, he develops websites and we run a few so it is pretty important to us! We are with Telstra for our normal phone, we have asked to be on the 'budget line rental' (which they won't tell you about but it is there if you ask) which is 19.95 a month. We then use Pennytel which requires you to plug a phone into the back of your modem for your outgoing calls. They are then 8 cents a call locally nationally AND to the UK. So we end up paying about $22 to Telstra (we still use that phone for 13000 numbers etc as it makes no difference). We have our broadband with a company called Exetel, they are quite good on how much bandwidth you get for your $'s and they also have one of the cheapest end contract early fees (which you pay if you move), I think we pay something like $50 a month for 40gB. So all up for all our international and local calls each month as well as enough bandwidth to run a very large website and numerous smaller ones and watch TV online (BBC of course!!)we would not pay more than $80! Just spoke to a friend who paid $300 for a months bill from Telstra so she was gobsmacked!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

You need to find out if you can get ADSL though - we can't get it at all and apparently its quite common due to insuffcient/age wiring from house to road! We have to go wireless. Virgin is cheap but useless (tried it), vodaphone is one same network as virgin (both use optus). Due to the lousy virgin trial we ended up with telstra against our will. Got home phone with them in order to get 1/2 price for a year ($40 not $80 for 5gb) on a 3 year contract. Good thing is it is portable from place to place and get out fee is only $10 a month left on contract. We plan to buy out at end of first year and look/resign again as its cheaper than going on with exisiting contract!

Also have the budget line and use skype. Keep meaning to check if we can use pennytel too but haven't got round to checking its compatability with wireless & the bigpond modem!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Safin
You need to find out if you can get ADSL though - we can't get it at all and apparently its quite common due to insuffcient/age wiring from house to road! We have to go wireless. Virgin is cheap but useless (tried it), vodaphone is one same network as virgin (both use optus). Due to the lousy virgin trial we ended up with telstra against our will. Got home phone with them in order to get 1/2 price for a year ($40 not $80 for 5gb) on a 3 year contract. Good thing is it is portable from place to place and get out fee is only $10 a month left on contract. We plan to buy out at end of first year and look/resign again as its cheaper than going on with exisiting contract!

Also have the budget line and use skype. Keep meaning to check if we can use pennytel too but haven't got round to checking its compatability with wireless & the bigpond modem!
Oi what happend to spending less time on here, Mrs Moderator it's 5 to 8 I hope your littlens are ready. LOL

Enjoy your walk and if I don't see you before saturday have a nice time, look forward to hearing al about it, bet it will not be as good as our eventfull nights camping.

Mrs Isle
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:21 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

M&S Sale is on with free international delivery on all orders over £80 if anyone is interested.

Is anyone meeting up for coffee this week?

G.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

10 am this morning at aquaview for anyone interested. So far just me and Cookster
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:28 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Safin
10 am this morning at aquaview for anyone interested. So far just me and Cookster
Ok I'll see you there then. Hubby should be back from fishing by then and I will have a car.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Beer and fud down pub tomorrow night chaps!!!!
Oh for hevens sake ....... a beer and a meal down Hoolihans tomorrows, what ho!!!

Angela
Old Mar 29th 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Walking

Hi Guys

If anyone wants to go walking tomorrow, we meet at mine at 6, if you want to join us then be outside the Torquay Hotel (Pub) at 5 past 6.

Mrs Isle
Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

lou-by is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I am new to this, we are considering moving to Hervey Bay, we have been a couple of times and love it, its just making that initial move we are all a bit scared, can anyone give us some advice, we have 2 young children and we think about moving every day, we just cannot stop thinking about it, we have relatives in Hervey Bay and just love the lifestyle.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

val-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

My first time here too. We're hoping to move up to Hervey Bay if we ever get our visas sorted out. You all seem like a nice friendly bunch so I thought I'd just gatecrash your party! Hope you don't mind. I look at Domain VERY often and there are just so many properties that I need to narrow down my search a bit. Any areas to avoid, please? Point Vernon looks a bit hilly (20+ a day have taken their toll on my lungs!!) but why is Eli Waters so cheap? Possible flood risks? I'm sure there'll be many more questions but that'll do for now and I'll look forward to hopefully meeting you all one day.

Val

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.