Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone gone to Oz not having sold the house?

Anyone gone to Oz not having sold the house?

Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Bilby is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone gone to Oz not having sold the house?

Is there anyone out there who has or is about to embark on emigrating to Oz and haven't sold their house? Would be interested to know if they still went - or decided to stay until the house sold.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone gone to Oz not having sold the house?

Not sure how much help I'll be, as I'm not that far down the road yet, but our plan is, if our house doesn't sell in time for husband's start date in Aus, is for him to go over and for me to stay here and take care of the house sale. Not ideal, but would prefer that than to have to do it at a distance.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi our house has been up for sale since May no buyer yet but still hopeful! We are looking at going fairly soon (end nov) we will be leaving the house empty and only has a small mortage so hope to pay interest only until it sells. Our eldest daughter who is not coming to oz to live will have power of attorney over the sale for when we do get a buyer. we do have the option of taking a payment holiday but dont want the interest to mount up and eat into the capital. Thats plan A not got a plan B yet
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

markinhull is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same sort of predicament. We are due out to Sydney straight after the New Year and are in the process of selling our house. We could really do with the money out of the house before we fly out but the closer we get, the more we think that it isnt going to happen in time. We are reducing the price next week and after that we have planned to take a mortgage payment holiday in the hope of selling before the holiday payment runs out. I know this is going to reduce the capital we have but the house was valued higher than we hoped so hopefully we shouldnt lose too much!!!
The plan is to give my parents the power to sign everything if / when the sale completes as i have a job waiting for me and i cannot delay the move anymore.
I wouldnt really want to leave the OH here and i dont think that she would really want to be left over here!!!!
I know this doesnt really answer your question but come January, if the house is still on the market we will be making the move.

Mark
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:12 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bilby
Is there anyone out there who has or is about to embark on emigrating to Oz and haven't sold their house? Would be interested to know if they still went - or decided to stay until the house sold.
We will be going in 94 days regardless of us selling the house or not.

Last edited by Issie; Oct 16th 2007 at 5:20 pm. Reason: can't count !!!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:13 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
We will be going in 84 days regardless of us selling the house or not.
94 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yikes

Last edited by Issie; Oct 16th 2007 at 5:20 pm. Reason: added up wrong !!!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Scary when you put it like that!!!!

78 Days for me.......

Mark
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by markinhull
Scary when you put it like that!!!!

78 Days for me.......

Mark
OMG>>>>>>>>

Are you bricking it yet ?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

I am not far off!!!!

If the house was sold then I wouldnt have a worry in the world, it's just the fact we have all of our money tied up in this place we are going to be getting in to debt when we get there until we sell or we start getting paid!!

Are you coping ok??

Mark
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by markinhull
I am not far off!!!!

If the house was sold then I wouldnt have a worry in the world, it's just the fact we have all of our money tied up in this place we are going to be getting in to debt when we get there until we sell or we start getting paid!!

Are you coping ok??

Mark
I am up and down........up today though
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

glad to hear it.

keep smiling, not long to go now!!!

mark
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:59 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

We accepted an offer on our house in April this year thinking that allowed enough time for the sale to complete before we left for Oz in August. No problem with our buyer but his buyer delayed things over and over and we ended up coming to Australia in August and the house still hadnt completed and we didnt even have a date for it to!

It ended up going through 2 weeks ago! April - October is a very long time for the house sale to complete but at least it worked out in the end.

My father-in-law acted as power of attorney so there was no problem with the paperwork etc and my hubby already had a job to come over to so financially we could afford to be without the money from the house for a few months. We dont regret it although it was a bit touch and go at times!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there,

We left England on the 27th march 2006 and we had put the house up for sale in December 2005.
We left in the bank £1000 payments (cover mortgage) and we made both our parents power of attorney and off we came with just a few $1000s and 3 suitcases and my partner started work the first Monday of arriving and then from then till 28th February 2007 we lived here paying/living here and paying for house there.... and sending money over to england till we sold.
The most stressful thing of all was the thought of coming back! (If the house did not sell) the night before the contracts where going through we had about $38 in the bank and we had to choose between putting petrol in the car or eating.
But we got through it as we wanted to be here more than anything and yes it was hard and we could of given up loads of times but we did it and it paid off for us but if not I would of been very scared.

We also did have sale of the house in the July but on the day of contracts fell through.So be aware nothing is concrete till it is all legal.(money in the bank)

Good Luck if you want it badly you can make it work.

Lindzi.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Got 3 interested parties,

one offer,

all to sell their houses, I have told them if you cant sell and complete by Jan is being Rented.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

We had a offer but two had fallen through so we just said F%^K it...let go and leave it in the hands of a Solicitor to sell....about 12 weeks later it had gone...can be scary but we just wanted to get our new life started..

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.