Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone feel stuck in Perth but want out ?

Anyone feel stuck in Perth but want out ?

Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone feel stuck in Perth but want out ?

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I Don't consider Australia Perth,do you? If some person states Brisbane is, in their eyes, preferable to Perth then so what?
Perth is not Australia is a land unto itself on backward laws
Queensland is proper Australia with fauna and flora wildlife bats at night lush rain forests . Not dry dead grass bush , and bugger all in between suburbs a bland city that does not even open Saturday's how pants is that ....
Perth stands for perfect earth I guess they want it to stay that way as jack sh$t here !!
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Also, you don't live in Perth, you live in Secret Harbour, which is 50km away. So you might find Secret Harbour boring, but you don't really live in Perth to judge it. It's like saying you live in, say, Grantham but that Nottingham's boring.

(I live closer than that, but I consider that I live NEAR Perth, not in it).
Excuse me I may live in secret harbour Perth is a tiny boring city
And everywhere else is suburbia the size of Perth and suburbs if squashed together would be the size of my home town .
It's a country town piss poor things to see and do as spread out . Seen all the suburbs from clarkson down to Margaret river ...
Pants !!!! ...... If people live near Freo then at least got a bit of a vibe , but anywhere else is suburbia ..... FACT and out of all the suburbs I have seen nor to south secret harbour is the most stunning clean pretty suburb but BORING !
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:40 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
Perth is not Australia is a land unto itself on backward laws
Queensland is proper Australia with fauna and flora wildlife bats at night lush rain forests . Not dry dead grass bush , and bugger all in between suburbs a bland city that does not even open Saturday's how pants is that ....
Perth stands for perfect earth I guess they want it to stay that way as jack sh$t here !!
I think you've got your rose tints on regarding Queensland!
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

a bland city that does not even open Saturday's
What's not open on Saturdays?
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me I may live in secret harbour Perth is a tiny boring city
And everywhere else is suburbia the size of Perth and suburbs if squashed together would be the size of my home town .
It's a country town piss poor things to see and do as spread out . Seen all the suburbs from clarkson down to Margaret river ...
Pants !!!! ...... If people live near Freo then at least got a bit of a vibe , but anywhere else is suburbia ..... FACT and out of all the suburbs I have seen nor to south secret harbour is the most stunning clean pretty suburb but BORING !
Did you not do any research into where you would be living before getting on that plane? Surely you knew Perth and its suburbs was "isolated" before you moved here.

And sorry to be blunt but you really need to take a read of your signature and either start living by what you've written or get yourself some antidepressents. Your bitterness at your situation is really not a healthy state to be in. Especially with a new baby. Have you considered that you may be suffering with some post partum depression?
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazulu
What's not open on Saturdays?
Been to the city on Saturday's and it's like a bomb has gone off hardly anything open. it should be a vibrant bustling city instead get your knitting needles out as more exciting . You can't tell me different As I been there !
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I think you've got your rose tints on regarding Queensland!
I been there twice and spent time in Queensland for a month it is better in my eyes than Perth . My opinion .....
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Did you not do any research into where you would be living before getting on that plane? Surely you knew Perth and its suburbs was "isolated" before you moved here.

And sorry to be blunt but you really need to take a read of your signature and either start living by what you've written or get yourself some antidepressents. Your bitterness at your situation is really not a healthy state to be in. Especially with a new baby. Have you considered that you may be suffering with some post partum depression?

No I do not have post natel depression I have felt this way the whole time I been here . I see the positive in the place however for me the negative outweigh the place ... Not everyone likes Perth why is it you can't accept that ,
I moved here last minute we were going to Queensland and last minute decision was to come to Perth for a number of reasons , we said if we didn't like it we would go over east , but not so easy once your here with a rental pets in quarantine for 30 days now is it ? Kids in school etc hubby got a job and got stuck ..... That's it in a but shell.
now if we read all the isolated posts before coming out here , am sure some defensive perthite would of stepped up the brigade and said how wonderful and not isolated it really is . Who should we believe .... The realists on these posts or the fantasists that make them selves believe Perth is fab !
Difficult when you never been to Perth to make that decision ... That's why we bit the bullet and came here . there are many that come over for a holiday love it , but when they live here they think differently as things like jobs and houses and what hobbies you do . People you meet all make each and everyone's view different . I stand by my view on Perth . Nice and sunny place arse end of no where with some super expensive bannanas !! Lmao ... Well they come down now ..... over all Perth is not for us ! Now that's not just me , that's all of us
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:01 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Good on ya for trying somewhere else in Oz and not just packing up and going. Where I live isn't for everyone but I'm not gonna slag someone just cos they don't rate it.

Oh and if you do come accross as rude and blunt, I wouldn't worry about it there's loads like that in here

Good luck, and why not give Wollongong a try??
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:01 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I been there twice and spent time in Queensland for a month it is better in my eyes than Perth . My opinion .....
Can you take the plunge and move over? Personally I'm yet to experience non battery induced excitement in Australia per se but it's a logical step if you're going mad in Perth.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:04 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm yet to experience non battery induced excitement in Australia
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Your bitterness at your situation is really not a healthy state to be in. Especially with a new baby. Have you considered that you may be suffering with some post partum depression?
Not seen this one trotted out for while

You have some criticism of some part of Australia therefore you must be depressed
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Been to the city on Saturday's and it's like a bomb has gone off hardly anything open. it should be a vibrant bustling city instead get your knitting needles out as more exciting . You can't tell me different As I been there !
Most places are open on Saturday - take the JAWP blinkers off.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Live not far from Beaufort St Festival and a bit like a country fete. Ok if that's all you want but didn't even bother to attend this years myself. Same for the yearly High Park Festival. Ok for an hour if nothing else doing, but to make a day of it would be a bit of a call surely? For folk that arrived in recent years I would endorse Perth house prices are a rip off along with a lot of other price tags here. Bruce and sheila there are plenty of others with similar thoughts including a number of Aussies.
No wonder you get bored if you feel you're above going out and taking part in what's going on
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I could be wrong but Im guessing you misunderstood him.
We all do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.