Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

alandnic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Hi all
we're a family of 4 from Portadown and are hopefully moving to Melbourne (Eastern suburbs) in June. My wife's sister and her family live there. We have a girl of 2 and a son of 4 months. After having our house on the market for a year now we're almost sale agreed so fingers crossed. It's all so nerve wrecking!!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by gwen mccormick
Hi everyone, my names gwen. How are you caroline?

Im from Annalong and we have our visas, we went to the Kings Hall Last year and at that stage we were waiting on our medicals. Anyone we spoke to said that they thought that the show wasnt suitable for us because of the stage we were at, but we got plenty of info on moving our furniture.

I would highly recommend an agent, we went through Global Visas in London and everything was fantastic, i think the fee and everything included was around £3,000.

We got our visas in March 2007, validated them in September 2007, we went to oz for seven weeks, we came home in November and decided to sell our house.

After talking to a financial advisor we have gone off that idea as it would take to long on the current market so we have been advised to keep our house and borrow money on the house, enough to cover our bills at home and give us a year in oz, and by that time the housing market might be better. I dont know whether this would suit other people but its getting us to oz in April, fingers crossed HOPE THIS HELPS
hi gwen

got on here at last
lucky you going in april, i'm soooo jealous
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi All

Just thought I'd put a wee post on to let you know that we got our CO this morning they have asked for some extra info regarding employment but that is hopefully all that they are looking.

Darren and I are obv very excited (long may it last) but we will prob wind down later and start to panic again LOL

Nadine x
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

Just thought I'd put a wee post on to let you know that we got our CO this morning they have asked for some extra info regarding employment but that is hopefully all that they are looking.

Darren and I are obv very excited (long may it last) but we will prob wind down later and start to panic again LOL

Nadine x
Thats good Nadine

Another step in the right direction
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi All

Nadine x
Hi Nadine,

Gr8 news I can't wait for the day we get our CO. I guess once you are assigned one the end of the road is near
Helena
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Nadine,

Gr8 news I can't wait for the day we get our CO. I guess once you are assigned one the end of the road is near
Helena
Hi Helena

We are hoping that the end of the road is near but I suppose its better not to get to optimistic at the mo.............Today that is really hard cause we are so excited

Nadine
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi Helena

We are hoping that the end of the road is near but I suppose its better not to get to optimistic at the mo.............Today that is really hard cause we are so excited

Nadine
Why not be optimistic for a few hours You deserve it.....

Helena
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why not be optimistic for a few hours You deserve it.....

Helena
Your right there Helena
We have spent today on a high along with gathering together the extra bit of info they require and hope to get it emailed before the end of week.

Hoping it wont be to long for us now.

How has things been going for you??

Nadine
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point

good stuff and very well done.

Can i be cheeky and ask what other imfo there were looking? just so i can maybe give this with my main application.

Gary.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Your right there Helena
We have spent today on a high along with gathering together the extra bit of info they require and hope to get it emailed before the end of week.

Hoping it wont be to long for us now.

How has things been going for you??

Nadine
Hi Nadine,

Our application was sent in on December 20th 08. There has been no confirmation that it was received but Mege says that is not unusually. We are in our new house over a year now and the house attatched to us is still empty So we do not know what to do with regards to selling or renting it out. OH looks like he will be made reduntant from work in the not to distant future (he is hoping this will happen at the rite time for us). He should get a large redunancy package as he has worked for the company for 17 years. He also has a claim that has not been resolved yet. So, all in all hopefully it will all come together nicely. We are waiting to get our medicals and police checks as late as possible so we don't have to validate the visa (it's alot of money to have to spend). Hopefully with the grace of God everything will come together

Helena
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kathmand194
good stuff and very well done.

Can i be cheeky and ask what other imfo there were looking? just so i can maybe give this with my main application.

Gary.
Hi Gary

Thanks.

The CO just wanted a little more info on my self employment as in Contracts and copies of tax info.
We should have inc this at the beginning but between us and our agent it slipped our mind awh well we hope we have all the right info now and plan to send it all of tomorrow or wed.

Nadine
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nadine,

Our application was sent in on December 20th 08. There has been no confirmation that it was received but Mege says that is not unusually. We are in our new house over a year now and the house attatched to us is still empty So we do not know what to do with regards to selling or renting it out. OH looks like he will be made reduntant from work in the not to distant future (he is hoping this will happen at the rite time for us). He should get a large redunancy package as he has worked for the company for 17 years. He also has a claim that has not been resolved yet. So, all in all hopefully it will all come together nicely. We are waiting to get our medicals and police checks as late as possible so we don't have to validate the visa (it's alot of money to have to spend). Hopefully with the grace of God everything will come together

Helena
Hi Again

Heres hoping that your OH redundancy happens at the right time for you.
We are selling our house because we really have no plans to come back to Ireland after we get to Aus I suppose Renting it out means that you will have a steady amount of money coming in regularly but we thought it would also be a bit of a hassle.

We felt the same as you about the medicals and Police checks this is the advice that Byron had given us so our police checks were carried out in Dec and we did the medicals in Jan past there so it all seems to be falling into place, it def is alot of money but it will be worth it for us all.

I seen your post for info on Docs near you any joy with that yet???

Nadine
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Again

Heres hoping that your OH redundancy happens at the right time for you.
We are selling our house because we really have no plans to come back to Ireland after we get to Aus I suppose Renting it out means that you will have a steady amount of money coming in regularly but we thought it would also be a bit of a hassle.

We felt the same as you about the medicals and Police checks this is the advice that Byron had given us so our police checks were carried out in Dec and we did the medicals in Jan past there so it all seems to be falling into place, it def is alot of money but it will be worth it for us all.

I seen your post for info on Docs near you any joy with that yet???

Nadine
I think there is one in Mullingar. Thats not to far away as the crow flies anyway The only reason we will rent the house is if we can't sell it. As I said the house next door to us has been vancant for over a year now (new house). We have no intentions of coming back either but the housing market is crap at the moment but I believe we would have no probs renting it out. They are buiding a new bypass from Dublin to Cavan and it should be finished in about 2 years so the houses should sell a bit better by then. If we have to rent it out then I want to remove our furniture and ship it over. Anyway we will see

Helena
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Helena

Bet when you decided to emigrate you didnt think that there would be so many decisions to make LOL

Things always have a way of working themselves out.

Have you checked the status page to see if it acknowledges your application?

Nadine
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Nadine
Yay! At getting assigned a CO! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait until we are in the same position. Hope you managed to get the extra documents together ok.

We have decided to put our house up for sale once we put in our main application, so that will be July. Hopefully the housing market will have improved by then... and we have plans to stay with my parents should the house sell super-quick (imagine how much money you could save with doing that!!!)

hope everyone is getting on well

Angela

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.