Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by dcampbell
I know how you feel about the house. To be honest since all this started ive got really stressed and yesterday after emptying my bath i noticed my hair has started to fall out (which happens with me when something stressful is going on) Thank god my hair is so thick lol

Denise xx
Hi Denise

Its never a good thing to get stressed but going through this process is def top of the stress level

Its been a bit quiet on here this week, everyone prob trying to avoid reading the forum I think darren is trying very hard to ban me from it as I am getting a little uptight. I prob will stay of it a wee while (then again that easier said than done )

Well have a wonderful weekend and if i am on I will pop on and say hi to you all.

Nadine
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

hey everyone!

hope you are all having a lovely weekend! I too am spending waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on this site, but it is such a wealth of information! I keep finding out bits and pieces that I would never have known otherwise...

The agent you guys are using - do you know if she does a "one-off" type consultation? Its just I have a few questions about my working hours, and how to present them - its more just a bit of peace of mind thing on this one issue.

It's bound to be stressful - sure they say that moving house is one of the most stressful things - and that doesn't include all the visa stuff and moving to another country!!!

Have a lovely weekend!

Angela
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im from Portadown and getting started with the process. I already have a TRA accepted as a Fitter. Was wondering if anybody knows if there is a place in or little country that i can sit the IELTS??

Good luck with the process to everyone.

Gary.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by itsmylife
hey everyone!

hope you are all having a lovely weekend! I too am spending waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on this site
The agent you guys are using - do you know if she does a "one-off" type consultation? Its just I have a few questions about my working hours, and how to present them - its more just a bit of peace of mind thing on this one issue

Angela
Good Morning Angela

I know that usually all agents will give a free assessment but I am unsure wheter they will help you out regarding your hours. It wouldnt do any harm to give someone a call and explain your situation and maybe they will help you out.
We are actually going go Ice-skating today I havent been in years so it should be rather funny at least it will keep me of the laptop and forum LOL

Have a lovely day

Nadinex
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kathmand194
Im from Portadown and getting started with the process. I already have a TRA accepted as a Fitter. Was wondering if anybody knows if there is a place in or little country that i can sit the IELTS??

Gary.
Hi Gary

Welcome to the northern Ireland thread My Husband and I are from Ballymena we submitted our visa 16th Oct so just waiting on a CO and then hopefully a visa.

I would advise to post you question on the main immigration forum as there have been lots of people that have sat the test that will be able to help but my husband has said that he thinks it is just an online test and that you should be able to do it in the same places that you do the driving theory test.

Keep us posted on how you get on and how your visa process is going

Good Luck

Nadine
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi Gary

Welcome to the northern Ireland thread My Husband and I are from Ballymena we submitted our visa 16th Oct so just waiting on a CO and then hopefully a visa.

I would advise to post you question on the main immigration forum as there have been lots of people that have sat the test that will be able to help but my husband has said that he thinks it is just an online test and that you should be able to do it in the same places that you do the driving theory test.

Keep us posted on how you get on and how your visa process is going

Good Luck

Nadine
Well I'm from Sunny Bangor (you stole that Nadine, Ballymena has never been known as Sunny) Always Sunny Bangor....

Anyway, Can't help with the emigration process, TRAs and all that, not my thing. But if you've any questions about Oz, I've worked in Melbourne for a few months, passed through Sydney on a holiday, and live in Brisbane for 4 years.

So me or Mrs JTL will try to help you with your questions regarding life in Oz
JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Feb 9th 2008 at 8:37 am.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:35 am
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kathmand194

Gary.
Hey Gary

Welcome to the thread. My husband and I are from Carrickfergus we are heading for perth hopefully. Just arranging our TRA stuff at the moment.
Thats great you've yours already, suppose your a fitter in Shorts are you?

Denise xx
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Hi Nadine

Yeah I might just give them a wee call and see if they would be able to help us out... I mean I would happily pay for a consultation to deal with a few questions that we have - but just don't think it warrants getting an agent for the full thing as my nursing assessment is pretty straight forward compared to the trade skills one (plus we can't afford one just now!).

Enjoy your ice-skating - if you are in Dundonald for that give us a wave! hehe

Have to agree that its always been sunny Bangor...

Gary, you can do the IELTS at Queens

http://www.qub.ac.uk/tefl/webpages/examinations.htm

have a wee look at that link

Angela
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Hi Angela
If you aren't in a hurry i think you could get all your questions answered
at the expo in Belfast on March 7th and 8th ,a lot of agents will be there good luck.
Tom
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

[
Have to agree that its always been sunny Bangor...

Have to disagree with that comment! I work in High Street in Bangor - on the sunny side of the street too - and its been dismal lately The weather has been total CRAP Hopefully it will brighten up soon 'cos it is rather nice when the sun does come out The nights seem to be getting lighter tho, cos I'm not sriving home in the dark anymore

Lynn xx
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsmylife

Enjoy your ice-skating - if you are in Dundonald for that give us a wave! hehe

Angela
Hi Angela

It was indeed dundonald that we were at, had loads of fun

I would prob agree that you should head up to Kings Hall in March you will get loads of info there.

We are going up to see our agent again and treat her to coffee.

Thats handy that Gary can do the test at Queens, I didnt know that

Nadine

[/SIZE]

Last edited by aus2be; Feb 9th 2008 at 4:05 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Well I'm from Sunny Bangor (you stole that Nadine, Ballymena has never been known as Sunny) Always Sunny Bangor....

Anyway, Can't help with the emigration process, TRAs and all that, not my thing. But if you've any questions about Oz, I've worked in Melbourne for a few months, passed through Sydney on a holiday, and live in Brisbane for 4 years.

So me or Mrs JTL will try to help you with your questions regarding life in Oz
JTL

Hi Gary

I have been to Aus three times although I have only been to Perth which I love. We are hoping to move to Perth as well.

We have nothing else to do regarding the visa process but wait for a CO and then hopefully then a visa.

Your not still living in Melbourne????
If not is that where you are going back to????

Nadine
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Yeah its Melbourne for me. Circumstances dictate that I may have to apply under the state sponsored route, I believe that Vitoria is the state that would best suit my skills and give me the best chance to succeed.
On the other hand, If I can achieve an overall 7 points in the IELTS exam ( thanks for the info folks) and gain the extra points I could then apply for a skilled indepentent which gives me more freedom, to go find suitable work across the nation.

The slow houseing market and terrible exchange rates at the minute dont help us eh??

Two winters here in soggy Portadown has got me dreaming of the sunny climates!!

Gary.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Tom, Aww good idea about the Kings Hall, we were going, but never thought that I would be able to pick someone's brains there!!! Thanks for that guys! It will be July before we can put our application in anyway, so plenty of time yet!

:curse:if only my ward manager would do my reference I could get on with the nursing stuff!

Lynne, Bangor is lovely in the sun though... I always think of Bangor as sunny

Gary, you may as well give the IELTS a go if it would help you get skilled independent visa Worth a go anyway!

Nadine, glad you had a good time, and didn't do yourself an injury I always have this fear of ice skating guess working in Dundonald hospital doesn't help that fear, too many ice related injuries! Didn't want to say before you went!

Angela
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

gwen mccormick will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone, my names gwen. How are you caroline?

Im from Annalong and we have our visas, we went to the Kings Hall Last year and at that stage we were waiting on our medicals. Anyone we spoke to said that they thought that the show wasnt suitable for us because of the stage we were at, but we got plenty of info on moving our furniture.

I would highly recommend an agent, we went through Global Visas in London and everything was fantastic, i think the fee and everything included was around £3,000.

We got our visas in March 2007, validated them in September 2007, we went to oz for seven weeks, we came home in November and decided to sell our house.

After talking to a financial advisor we have gone off that idea as it would take to long on the current market so we have been advised to keep our house and borrow money on the house, enough to cover our bills at home and give us a year in oz, and by that time the housing market might be better. I dont know whether this would suit other people but its getting us to oz in April, fingers crossed HOPE THIS HELPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.