Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:26 am   #61
BE Forum Addict
 
the4ofus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Buderim, Qld, Australia
Posts: 1,072
the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Hi Nadine,

we are hoping to go to the Gold Coast - maybe around Pacific Pines way Did you see Pacific Pines school on Wanted Down Under last week (or maybe the week b4)? it had 1200 pupils in the primary

Lynn xx
the4ofus is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:50 am   #62
aus2be Female
BE Enthusiast
 
aus2be's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA............ near Joondalup
Posts: 773
aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4ofus View Post
Hi Nadine,

we are hoping to go to the Gold Coast - maybe around Pacific Pines way Did you see Pacific Pines school on Wanted Down Under last week (or maybe the week b4)? it had 1200 pupils in the primary

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

The pacificf pines area seem very popular I did actually see it on wanted down under and was really shocked at how many kids there were at it.

Hopefully things will start moving along for eveyone soon we are on the Oct thread ass well and everything seems so slow at the min.

Nadine x
__________________
Arrived in Perth 19th Oct 2008. PR visa... . Loving it loads
aus2be is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:49 pm   #63
BE Forum Addict
 
camacazi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Little Mountain, Sunshine coast
Posts: 1,327
camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4ofus View Post
Hi Nadine,

We are in Newtownards. I too think its amazing the amount of people on the move to Oz, before we decided to go I'd never heard of anyone going - now it seems every other person I speak to knows of someone who is going

Still no word on a CO, I emialed our agent last night to tell her pcc's have been requested and meds are booked so she can send us any info that we need to take with us. We are having them done in Downpatrick at the beginning of March, I phoned around and they worked out the cheapest - £437 for meds and xrays for all of us

Lynn xx
hi lynn

is that £437 all in for 2 adults and 2 kids? seems pretty good price to me!
think we will be going to downpatrick as well, if and when the time comes
__________________
caroline
camacazi is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:04 pm   #64
BE Forum Addict
 
the4ofus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Buderim, Qld, Australia
Posts: 1,072
the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by camacazi View Post
hi lynn

is that £437 all in for 2 adults and 2 kids? seems pretty good price to me!
think we will be going to downpatrick as well, if and when the time comes
Yes, broken down its

£90 x 2 adult medical
£10 x 2 blood test
£50 x 2 child medical
£20 courier

£39 x 3 xrays

As i said before, I phoned around and they were probably one of the cheapest in NI.

Have you your meds booked? Good luck

Lynn xx
the4ofus is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:04 pm   #65
BE Forum Addict
 
camacazi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Little Mountain, Sunshine coast
Posts: 1,327
camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4ofus View Post
Yes, broken down its

£90 x 2 adult medical
£10 x 2 blood test
£50 x 2 child medical
£20 courier

£39 x 3 xrays

As i said before, I phoned around and they were probably one of the cheapest in NI.

Have you your meds booked? Good luck

Lynn xx
no meds booked yet, haven't even passed vetassess yet
thats a good price, was expecting it to be more
__________________
caroline
camacazi is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:20 pm   #66
Forum Regular
 
itsmylife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 184
itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

I emailed the Ulster Clinic about the cost of x-rays and the quoted me £66 per person... looks like I might be taking a wee trip elsewhere!
itsmylife is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:31 pm   #67
aus2be Female
BE Enthusiast
 
aus2be's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA............ near Joondalup
Posts: 773
aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmylife View Post
I emailed the Ulster Clinic about the cost of x-rays and the quoted me £66 per person... looks like I might be taking a wee trip elsewhere!


Hi itsmylife

My OH and I had our x-rays done on 7th Jan in Coleraine Hospital and they charged £40 each. If you didnt mind driving maybe it would be worth going to Coleraine.

Nadine
__________________
Arrived in Perth 19th Oct 2008. PR visa... . Loving it loads
aus2be is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:17 pm   #68
BE Enthusiast
 
fairwayskid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 869
fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4ofus View Post
Hi Nadine,

we are hoping to go to the Gold Coast - maybe around Pacific Pines way Did you see Pacific Pines school on Wanted Down Under last week (or maybe the week b4)? it had 1200 pupils in the primary

Lynn xx
Hey Lynn

There is a new primary school opening very soon at pac pines. or so i am told
fairwayskid is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:40 pm   #69
Forum Regular
 
itsmylife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 184
itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus2be View Post

Hi itsmylife

My OH and I had our x-rays done on 7th Jan in Coleraine Hospital and they charged £40 each. If you didnt mind driving maybe it would be worth going to Coleraine.

Nadine
Nadine,

thanks for that , will definitely be going elsewhere when the time comes Good job I found this thread, goodness knows how much I would have been spending, suppose it makes sense that the ulster clinic would charge more, but its the place that they have for Belfast on the immigration website. My parents are in Larne, so I might look at what is in that area first before making a longer drive But again thank you!

Angela
itsmylife is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:03 pm   #70
aus2be Female
BE Enthusiast
 
aus2be's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA............ near Joondalup
Posts: 773
aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmylife View Post
Nadine,

thanks for that , will definitely be going elsewhere when the time comes Good job I found this thread, goodness knows how much I would have been spending, suppose it makes sense that the ulster clinic would charge more, but its the place that they have for Belfast on the immigration website. My parents are in Larne, so I might look at what is in that area first before making a longer drive But again thank you!

Angela
Hi Angela

I think the Ulster Clinic is also a private Hosp which would make it cost more.lol

The Dr that does the medicals in Larne is supposed to be good as well, We were really please with Coleraine Hosp and also the medical centre where we got our medicals the doc was great.
We had our xrays the first 7th Jan in coleraine hosp then we had our medicals 17th Jan in Mountsandle medical centre.
We were pleased with the service both times

Nadine
__________________
Arrived in Perth 19th Oct 2008. PR visa... . Loving it loads
aus2be is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:50 pm   #71
Forum Regular
 
itsmylife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 184
itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus2be View Post
Hi Angela

I think the Ulster Clinic is also a private Hosp which would make it cost more.lol

The Dr that does the medicals in Larne is supposed to be good as well, We were really please with Coleraine Hosp and also the medical centre where we got our medicals the doc was great.
We had our xrays the first 7th Jan in coleraine hosp then we had our medicals 17th Jan in Mountsandle medical centre.
We were pleased with the service both times

Nadine
Nadine,
yeah, its private... should have known
The Dr in Larne was my childhood GP, so I can highly recommend them - a lovely group of doctors It's funny, I'm usually a "shop around for the best deal" kind of person, but it never entered my head to do it with medicals and x-rays, guess I just assumed that there would be a set rate! Lesson learned!

Feeling at a bit of a standstill here at the moment, waiting on a reference from my employer before I can sort out my nursing registration... I'd hoped she would have had it done today, but she's been snowed under... guess I'm going to have to get good at this waiting malarkey!!!

Angela
itsmylife is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:16 am   #72
aus2be Female
BE Enthusiast
 
aus2be's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA............ near Joondalup
Posts: 773
aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmylife View Post
Nadine,
yeah, its private... should have known
The Dr in Larne was my childhood GP, so I can highly recommend them - a lovely group of doctors It's funny, I'm usually a "shop around for the best deal" kind of person, but it never entered my head to do it with medicals and x-rays, guess I just assumed that there would be a set rate! Lesson learned!

Feeling at a bit of a standstill here at the moment, waiting on a reference from my employer before I can sort out my nursing registration... I'd hoped she would have had it done today, but she's been snowed under... guess I'm going to have to get good at this waiting malarkey!!!

Angela
Hi Angela
Yeah I think you do need to shop around for the best quote when it comes to medicals we did as well and found Coleraine the cheapest.

:curse:Unfortunately you do have to get used to the waiting. Im feeling a bit at a standstill myself as we received an email this morning from our agent saying that our status page wont change until we get a CO and it will prob take about three months for them to clear the medicals she told us not to expect any activity til end March so im a wee bit disappointed this morning I will be in bad twist all day now
We have had our house on market for a month and were hoping we would have a visa by march/april so that we would be able to leave in May. Im finishing work as a childminder 25th April oh Dilemas dilemas. It really is crazy this visa caper LOL

Nadine x

Think we all need some cheering up.
__________________
Arrived in Perth 19th Oct 2008. PR visa... . Loving it loads
aus2be is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:25 am   #73
get me to perth
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 137
dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus2be View Post
Hi Angela
Yeah I think you do need to shop around for the best quote when it comes to medicals we did as well and found Coleraine the cheapest.

:curse:Unfortunately you do have to get used to the waiting. Im feeling a bit at a standstill myself as we received an email this morning from our agent saying that our status page wont change until we get a CO and it will prob take about three months for them to clear the medicals she told us not to expect any activity til end March so im a wee bit disappointed this morning I will be in bad twist all day now
We have had our house on market for a month and were hoping we would have a visa by march/april so that we would be able to leave in May. Im finishing work as a childminder 25th April oh Dilemas dilemas. It really is crazy this visa caper LOL

Nadine x

Think we all need some cheering up.
Good Morning Nadine

Any movement on the house then? Are you still going in May if you havent it sold? Thats poo about the Visa

Denise xx
dcampbell is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:09 am   #74
aus2be Female
BE Enthusiast
 
aus2be's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA............ near Joondalup
Posts: 773
aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcampbell View Post
Good Morning Nadine

Any movement on the house then? Are you still going in May if you havent it sold? Thats poo about the Visa

Denise xx
Hi Denise

We are still hoping to get away in May so we are, we hope that we get a CO in March and get visa soon afterwards then we will hopefully get away in May to sunny Perth. If we havent the house sold we are unsure what to do to be honest, we have talked about going over anyway and letting someone else handel the house, we have talked about me going over on my own and Darren staying to complete house sale............... Oh there is just so much going round my wee head.
I try to give myself a break from it all but to be honest thats easier said than done. I think we will be happier when we get a CO. You really do need loads of petience.


Nadine
__________________
Arrived in Perth 19th Oct 2008. PR visa... . Loving it loads
aus2be is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:14 am   #75
get me to perth
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 137
dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus2be View Post
Hi Denise

We are still hoping to get away in May so we are, we hope that we get a CO in March and get visa soon afterwards then we will hopefully get away in May to sunny Perth. If we havent the house sold we are unsure what to do to be honest, we have talked about going over anyway and letting someone else handel the house, we have talked about me going over on my own and Darren staying to complete house sale............... Oh there is just so much going round my wee head.
I try to give myself a break from it all but to be honest thats easier said than done. I think we will be happier when we get a CO. You really do need loads of petience.


Nadine
I know how you feel about the house. To be honest since all this started ive got really stressed and yesterday after emptying my bath i noticed my hair has started to fall out (which happens with me when something stressful is going on) Thank god my hair is so thick lol

Denise xx
dcampbell is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 7:27 pm.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com