Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:54 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Just wondering if anyone here is emigrating from northern ireland, and having a panic attack about selling their house like I am lol. We've not put app in yet for visa, just getting TRA ready, but thought we better get house on market so put it on on friday. Scary. Wish I could say it will sell quick, probably would have a few months ago because absolutely everythin in the house is brand new, we gutted the whole house in one year. But dont even think that will get it shifted at the min.

Oh I just want to be in Oz yesterday lol

Denise xx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by dcampbell
Just wondering if anyone here is emigrating from northern ireland, and having a panic attack about selling their house like I am lol. We've not put app in yet for visa, just getting TRA ready, but thought we better get house on market so put it on on friday. Scary. Wish I could say it will sell quick, probably would have a few months ago because absolutely everythin in the house is brand new, we gutted the whole house in one year. But dont even think that will get it shifted at the min.

Denise xx
Hi Denise
Your not alone there are plenty of us emigrating from the north,where do you plan to live in Oz we hope to be in Adelaide by Sept
Tom
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
Hi Denise
Your not alone there are plenty of us emigrating from the north,where do you plan to live in Oz we hope to be in Adelaide by Sept
Tom
hi

we're from annalong co.down

paniking about the same thing, would like to put the house up if we pass vetassess but oh not sure, just don't want to lose 20k and regret it
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:08 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Hi Denise
Tom
Hi Tom

We are hopin to be in Perth by Sept/October time, but cant see it being likely with 175 Skilled independant, they seem to take about 6 months and we are nowhere near ready to apply, only getting ready for TRA, which is becoming a nightmare as the two companies paul worked for training are closed down, and one other noone from it works there that did when he did, if you know what i mean, although his manager from there, was also his manager from his current employer, can he still write his reference for both? Think he is going to get the tech to reference for the companies that are closed. Its all a pain really, im sick of it already lol.

Sorry about the ramble, we are just lost about this whole TRA thing.

Hi to Caroline too!

Any of you got your houses sold yet?

Denise.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:13 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware, you must get references submitted on employers letter headed paper.
If your current manager, was your old managaer, at a previous company.. im not sure that would bode well with the TRA. As it appears you are trying to fluff the system, when in fact you are not.

However, I am pretty sure, he could do a character reference.

Probs best to ask a Migration Agent
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Hi Denise
Once you get the TRA out of the way it should become a lot more straight forward,are you using an agent or going it alone.We started the process last June and are still waiting for full acknowlegement on our application which was sent in August.We didn't put the house up for sale yet going to wait until we get our Case officer then we will get round to it ,the market down here is still quiet but think 5 months should do it.
Tom.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:31 pm
get me to perth

Hi Denise
Once you get the TRA out of the way it should become a lot more straight forward,are you using an agent or going it alone.We started the process last June and are still waiting for full acknowlegement on our application which was sent in August.We didn't put the house up for sale yet going to wait until we get our Case officer then we will get round to it ,the market down here is still quiet but think 5 months should do it.
Tom.
Thanks tom. No we are going it alone :curse: dont want to fork out for an agent to be honest. I think we should be ok, just this TRA is worrying us at the moment! Just going to have to go into as much detail as possible and send as much evidence as possible. Do you think the market will get a bit better once we get another rate cut?

Denise x
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:33 pm
get me to perth

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
As far as I am aware, you must get references submitted on employers letter headed paper.
If your current manager, was your old managaer, at a previous company.. im not sure that would bode well with the TRA. As it appears you are trying to fluff the system, when in fact you are not.

However, I am pretty sure, he could do a character reference.

Probs best to ask a Migration Agent

Oh I do wish it was more straight forward! I believe my husband can make a statutory declaration for any employers that are no longer available, it that correct? One of them closed and transfered him to another branch, so perhaps that branch can confirm that the other one is closed down, if you catch my drift.

Pickled

Denise
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:36 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I do wish it was more straight forward! I believe my husband can make a statutory declaration for any employers that are no longer available, it that correct? One of them closed and transfered him to another branch, so perhaps that branch can confirm that the other one is closed down, if you catch my drift.

Pickled

Denise
Yer, we had to do a few stat decs !

However, its also helpful, if you have evidence to support the fact the company no longer exists, such as bankruptcy notice, or a confirmation letter from JP, or Copper.

Ste
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

I would like to think so Denise but houses are down an average of 25 to30 thousand from this time last year in this parish hope they start to pick up or a least level out.To be honest i would use an agent if only for the TRA they really know what is needed first time.
Tom
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:49 pm
get me to perth

I would like to think so Denise but houses are down an average of 25 to30 thousand from this time last year in this parish hope they start to pick up or a least level out.To be honest i would use an agent if only for the TRA they really know what is needed first time.
Tom
Really? Can you use an agent just for TRA? I didnt realise that, I thought you'd have had to go the whole hog! I wonder how much that would cost? A few people on here have said that Darren from Visa Go is excellent

Denise x
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Thanks tom. No we are going it alone :curse: dont want to fork out for an agent to be honest. I think we should be ok, just this TRA is worrying us at the moment! Just going to have to go into as much detail as possible and send as much evidence as possible. Do you think the market will get a bit better once we get another rate cut?

Denise x
Hi Denise,

I know agents fees will obviously put the cost of migration up by 3k or so but we decided to use one and they have been excellant.......certainly takes all the stress and worrying out of the equation.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Denise xx

Hi Denise

My husband and I are both from Co Antrim we live in sunny Ballymena where abouts are you??

We out our house on the market 3 weeks ago and have had no interest at all.
We are just waiting for a CO to be allocated we applied 175 on 16th October so we are really impatient now.

There is a Northen Ireland thread here but it has been extremely quiet lately maybe we could fine it and get it active again.

Nadine
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:43 am
get me to perth

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi Denise

My husband and I are both from Co Antrim we live in sunny Ballymena where abouts are you??

We out our house on the market 3 weeks ago and have had no interest at all.
We are just waiting for a CO to be allocated we applied 175 on 16th October so we are really impatient now.

There is a Northen Ireland thread here but it has been extremely quiet lately maybe we could fine it and get it active again.

Nadine

hey nadine, we are in carrickfergus!! Heading to perth hopefully.

Where are you guys heading? Did you use a migration agent?

Denise x
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

hey nadine, we are in carrickfergus!! Heading to perth hopefully.

Where are you guys heading? Did you use a migration agent?

Denise x
Hi Denise

We are heading to Perth as well Hopefully in may if people get their fingers out.

We did use a migration agent ,we were at the emigration show in Kings hall last year and we met a lovely lady called Byron she is with the www.australianmigrations.com I hope that is the correct link. We have had great help from them and they keep us updated on a regular basis she is great.

What about yourself? Have you used an agent or you being brave and doing it alone? When you planning the move and whereabouts in Perth are you thinking about?

Nadine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.