Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Cuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Sorry to derail.

Quick question, I am stupid so please do not get angry.

Do you guys meet other Irish / British people in Australia and have any kind of issues over catholic / protestant stuff that seems to have been a bit of an issue over in N.I.?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cuppa10
Sorry to derail.

Do you guys meet other Irish / British people in Australia and have any kind of issues over catholic / protestant stuff that seems to have been a bit of an issue over in N.I.?
We are from The south of Ireland.

We have neighbours or should I say friends from the Uk and NI. Never an issue with us. Maybe on a Saturday night after a few beers I might drop around to fire the odd pipe bomb at them just incase they feel homesick. And once I give the car a quick check in the mornings before starting it. All is good

You will be fine.

Paddy
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:41 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
We are from The south of Ireland.

We have neighbours or should I say friends from the Uk and NI. Never an issue with us. Maybe on a Saturday night after a few beers I might drop around to fire the odd pipe bomb at them just incase they feel homesick. And once I give the car a quick check in the mornings before starting it. All is good

You will be fine.

Paddy
I turned my headlights off when I was flagged down for a breathalyser once. Scared the crap out of the cops.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Cuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant future

I just know one of my friends said his mother was shot in the troubles and his dad grew up with guns and stuff.

They're nice people though and I haven't really brought it up with them as I do not want to start any problems.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to derail.

I just know one of my friends said his mother was shot in the troubles and his dad grew up with guns and stuff.

They're nice people though and I haven't really brought it up with them as I do not want to start any problems.
I am from NI myself and lived for 3 years with 3 other lads, there were 2 from each side of the fence and we are still the best of friends, we had and still have some great times together and there was never a word said out of place.... At the end of the day no one else could tell a difference between us and after a while neither did we.

Anyway there are plenty of other people who deserve our abuse more.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:02 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I am from NI myself and lived for 3 years with 3 other lads, there were 2 from each side of the fence and we are still the best of friends, we had and still have some great times together and there was never a word said out of place.... At the end of the day no one else could tell a difference between us and after a while neither did we.

Anyway there are plenty of other people who deserve our abuse more.
I hear that NI is so full of Croatians now that the Irish can't find anyone to fight with.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:30 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

lol This made me giggle, thanks cuppa! After the day I've had I needed a giggle, also the one about switching the headlights off as you approached the peeler, EVEN BETTER LOLOL

At the end of the day we're all the same, and I even felt that when I lived in NI. It was slightly different for us though as I was a police officer and my OH in the army, so we always felt like we were 'watching our backs' especially since things kicked off bigstyle last year. We always joked that we'd be a double whammy/2 for one/buy (kill) one get one free kinda thing, but it's so nice not having to worry like that anymore. Though in saying that I'm proud of my wee country and always will love it, it's just not my home anymore, but a part of my heart will always belong there. It gets a bad press which it really doesn't deserve!

LOVE YOU NORTHERN IRELAND!!! (I don't miss your crappy weather tho!)
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Good to see you back online Jen... I see you only been here 4 weeks and already introduced Blackskull weather to QLD.

Its hasn't rained in places for like 10 years and Jen arrives and it hasn't stopped pi**ing... nice one jen
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:41 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Good to see you back online Jen... I see you only been here 4 weeks and already introduced Blackskull weather to QLD.

Its hasn't rained in places for like 10 years and Jen arrives and it hasn't stopped pi**ing... nice one jen
HAHA cheeky sod lol
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there jen havnt posted in months hows it been
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there i thought you applied on a school teacher visa were you not teaching primary school chillder in ards or somewere??? our visa has stalled altogether ,we have friends in sydney that had employers and everything and in constant work in the city but had to come back home because they got there visa stopped .whatever visa you have well done.. we have a lot of family in brisbane ,dont know if they are bias but they say qld is the most diverse and beautiful state
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:36 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by hannash
hey there i thought you applied on a school teacher visa were you not teaching primary school chillder in ards or somewere??? our visa has stalled altogether ,we have friends in sydney that had employers and everything and in constant work in the city but had to come back home because they got there visa stopped .whatever visa you have well done.. we have a lot of family in brisbane ,dont know if they are bias but they say qld is the most diverse and beautiful state
Hi Hannash, yeah we've been here 3 weeks now, this being our 4th. I ended up cancelling my 175 visa and went on my OH's ENS 120 visa instead. We've been very fortunate, especially as the visa was processed in 33 days! QLD is definitely lovely so far, not that we've seen very much of it as yet, however today it's absolutely P*SSIN it down but hey ho, it cools things down which can't be a bad thing! lol
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Hi Hannash, yeah we've been here 3 weeks now, this being our 4th. I ended up cancelling my 175 visa and went on my OH's ENS 120 visa instead. We've been very fortunate, especially as the visa was processed in 33 days! QLD is definitely lovely so far, not that we've seen very much of it as yet, however today it's absolutely P*SSIN it down but hey ho, it cools things down which can't be a bad thing! lol
Hey Jen

Your right its been pissin down all day here and I so wanted to go round the neighbours with my new pipe bomb but I guess it will have to wait

Glad you are enjoying it so far if you are ever down the sunny coast guve us a shout and I will have a beer or two in the fridge

Paddy
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:36 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey Jen

Your right its been pissin down all day here and I so wanted to go round the neighbours with my new pipe bomb but I guess it will have to wait

Glad you are enjoying it so far if you are ever down the sunny coast guve us a shout and I will have a beer or two in the fridge

Paddy
Cool, I might hold you to that, though I prefer wine or vodka or if I'm feeling flash a nice wee orange bacardi breezer mmmmm
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:49 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Never I had more than enough of that in Belfast.Once you leave N.I it ceases to be a problem at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.