Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?

Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?

Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:05 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?

Originally Posted by Perthforme
LOL

I may start moaning on here soon as i've noticed that those that do get their visa about a week or 2 later , keep it up B1
LOL!

I think I'll have to have some time away from the forum before too long otherwise everyone will start calling me Skeggs and stop reading my threads..!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:06 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
LOL!

I think I'll have to have some time away from the forum before too long otherwise everyone will start calling me Skeggs and stop reading my threads..!
No way i think your head will go pop if you dont vent it on BE :scared:
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:13 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

When we applied for our visa back in Jan 04 the waiting times were over 1 year. We actually started the process with skills vertification in about September 03. We were chuffed to get our grant letter this year in Feb 05. Straight forward 136 - not a single query raised. :scared:

Putting things into perspective, that was the old visa application system in place for many years and since they have cut the waiting time by half at least I personally think its not a bad deal. Many of us here had to go through that.

Of course - that said - it IS frustrating. Your life goes on hold and you cant really get on with any plans for the long term.

I guess I'm only trying to make you feel better, as it could have been worse But you will get there in the end and it will all be worth it I'm sure.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:20 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion

Putting things into perspective, that was the old visa application system in place for many years and since they have cut the waiting time by half at least I personally think its not a bad deal. Many of us here had to go through that.

And before that it was 18 months+ for the visa app only (not including the skills)

Ah people now adays dont know they are born
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:21 am
Just Joined

the-eleys is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?

all this waiting I am sure has got to be worth it - we're up at 6:00a.m. every morning checking our emails to see if we have anything from our agent in Sydney - today we did - my hubbys letter of reference from work needs to be more informative.... oh more typing - more spell checking and then more waiting - BUT COME ON GUYS and GALS - has'nt it GOT TO BE WORTH IT IN THE END.... this is a life changing experience and you cant expect to be there within a few weeks of applying - I know the wait is excruciating - we're waiting - but I am glad of the wait - it helps to prepare all that paperwork, sorting the house out, discussions within your family unit over doubts and issues that may arise - you cant do that in a short time - so chin up - we are all in this together .... and keep focused on being in that glorious Oz down under and all that wonderful relaxed way of life and sunshine.... keep smiling
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
New to the site.(and ADDICTED) :scared: Just started the Immi process - but I've totally lost interest in my life here.
Every waking moment, I'm a) on this site! b) reading books on Aus c) dreaming about Aus d) decorating or declutterin so I'll get a better price for house e) E Mailing anyone who has any remote connection with Aus f) boring family about Aus g) making plans for the NW meet on Saturday h) mentally working out all the things I need to do i) deciding I'm not doing Christmas Shoppin this year everyone is gettin vouchers! - cos I'll be too busy doing all of the above!!! :scared:

I feel like my body has been hijacked and I feel constantly excited!!! One minute high as a kite....the next really down. ..thinking what if it doesnt work out!!!

Anyone else feel the same?

Must go - I'm tidying up. Estate agent coming round to value the house! Then a friend from Sydney ( I say friend - didn't know her til 2 weeks ago- but I do now! She's phonin me at 9am!)

SEE WOT I MEAN !!!!!! IT takes over yer life.

LINSEY xx
PMSL - big time

I am so like this. I have become totally and utterly obsessed with aussie life. My SIL lives in Melbourne and I think she is sick of me asking so many questions about it. It is like I want to live the life she has (not really actually, but ya-all know what I mean!). I live on all the real estate websites, job sites, even car sites (and i'm a woman who doesn't have a clue about cars!!). I have literally become this walking statistic machine. I know loads of useless facts about Oz and am boring friends and family to bits with it. My mum actually said she thought I needed help the other day .... she may be right....
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
PMSL - big time

I am so like this. I have become totally and utterly obsessed with aussie life. My SIL lives in Melbourne and I think she is sick of me asking so many questions about it. It is like I want to live the life she has (not really actually, but ya-all know what I mean!). I live on all the real estate websites, job sites, even car sites (and i'm a woman who doesn't have a clue about cars!!). I have literally become this walking statistic machine. I know loads of useless facts about Oz and am boring friends and family to bits with it. My mum actually said she thought I needed help the other day .... she may be right....

bless. have some karna you freak!!!!!!!!! :scared:
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Centurion

I guess I'm only trying to make you feel better, as it could have been worse But you will get there in the end and it will all be worth it I'm sure.
Aye, I know, Malc says he just feels glad to at least have the chance of applying for a visa. Guess I'm just fed up of having to keep telling people "we're moving to Australia - HOPEFULLY"
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:45 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

the thing I resent about it is all the money you pay to apply for a visa and there is no consistency with waiting times, you're not allowed to contact anyone to find out what's going on. it's just the not knowing that drives me nuts. even if they said "you wont hear anything until november" at least that would be better than the constant hanging on and wondering what's happening.

would you listen to yourself !! you make it sound as if you have the god given right to live in australia.. why should DIMIA have to work faster to keep everyone happy.. immigration is a complex system incase you havnt figured that out. the grass isnt greener on the other side, australia (and no other place in the world) aint all that !! you'll soon find that out.
but i wish you lot would be a bit more patient, you are stating to sound like mr morton-jones, constantly complaining about timelines!!you really havnt waited THAT long considering
DIMIA have more to worry about than putting UK visa apps through !!!

ive said my piece, no doubt you will disagree but STOP MOANING !!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Started collecting stuff for visa application Jan 2003, submitted application Sept. 2003, got our PR Jan 2004, validated Feb 2004. Did all the usual until we got our visas - decluttered house, did odd jobs, decorated etc. cos we were going straight away at the time. By the time we got our visas my wife had got her 5th GCSE and had successfully applied to do her nurse training so we had to validate and then wait 3 years + !

So I've now had 17 months of having our visas and not able to go, house market going flat, kids saying they don't wan't leave their mates, jobs for me over there plentiful at the moment, who knows in 2 years!

Am I losing interest here? you bet!!!! I was lazy and work shy before but now I find it hard to do anything in work other than surf the net!
In the back of my mind I'm thinking if I get the sack so what I'll work somewhere else until it's time to go (I'm on contract so it's not like I have a career anyway!)

Andy
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:14 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
New to the site.(and ADDICTED) :scared: Just started the Immi process - but I've totally lost interest in my life here.
Every waking moment, I'm a) on this site! b) reading books on Aus c) dreaming about Aus d) decorating or declutterin so I'll get a better price for house e) E Mailing anyone who has any remote connection with Aus f) boring family about Aus g) making plans for the NW meet on Saturday h) mentally working out all the things I need to do i) deciding I'm not doing Christmas Shoppin this year everyone is gettin vouchers! - cos I'll be too busy doing all of the above!!! :scared:

I feel like my body has been hijacked and I feel constantly excited!!! One minute high as a kite....the next really down. ..thinking what if it doesnt work out!!!

Anyone else feel the same?

Must go - I'm tidying up. Estate agent coming round to value the house! Then a friend from Sydney ( I say friend - didn't know her til 2 weeks ago- but I do now! She's phonin me at 9am!)

SEE WOT I MEAN !!!!!! IT takes over yer life.

LINSEY xx

Couldn't have put it better myself. I woke up today 2 hrs later than normal feeling really depressed which is so unlike me. Thought it was the weather but knew deep down it was more than that. We all just want to be in Oz - emails from friends already there asking when we are going don't help.
I know I'll be my usual happy self tomorrow but today I feel very down. We are compiling the TRA right now so have a long way to go but the whole process seems so daunting. I know it will be worth all the ups and downs as most people who post on here say.

Doesn't help that hubby is working all day and night literally to earn money for this and I never see him. BUT I WILL BE OK TOMORROW.

Suzy
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by rebabaros
would you listen to yourself !! you make it sound as if you have the god given right to live in australia.. why should DIMIA have to work faster to keep everyone happy.. immigration is a complex system incase you havnt figured that out. the grass isnt greener on the other side, australia (and no other place in the world) aint all that !! you'll soon find that out.
but i wish you lot would be a bit more patient, you are stating to sound like mr morton-jones, constantly complaining about timelines!!you really havnt waited THAT long considering
DIMIA have more to worry about than putting UK visa apps through !!!

ive said my piece, no doubt you will disagree but STOP MOANING !!!
maybe it hasnt been that long in terms of the visa, but our 1st tra was submitted on 6th August 2004, so a year has passed and we still dont know if we are going or not.

and when did i ever say the grass was greener in Oz?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:24 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

and when did i ever say the grass was greener in Oz?
just there now
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by seang
just there now
LOL!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:42 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I've not lost interest in Australia but I agree about the resentment...

me too.
when you have a stiff neck and arm from spending hours on the internet researching, the whole process becomes close to having teeth pulled without analgesia!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.