Reload this Page >

Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Old May 7th 2008, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

JP100UK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Originally Posted by Mitra and Ahura
We will have to arrange to meet for a drink. Are you booked into the lounge. Its not something we normally do, but with a 5 year old in tow, trying to keep the journey as stress free as possible.

Yes JP100UK we definetely should meet for drinks at the airport and in Adelaide! Its nice to know that quite a few people are going on the same day as us, and many more later on in June. We havent booked into the lounge. How much does it cost to do that? Are you excited about going? have you been to Adelaide before?

Is there anyone going from London to Adelaide? or any londoners living there now?
cost us 45 quid for the three of us through our RBS account, I don't think its that much more on line. Will PM you nearer the time to arrange to meet up in or out of the lounge (rose in the lapel, news of the world under your arm type of stuff).

Julie, Damian & Jamie Leigh
Old May 7th 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Visa granted today - will be arriving in Adelaide last weekend in June
Old May 7th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Originally Posted by Pinkie
Don't make promises like that, you've not seen what she drinks Like emigrating isn't expensive enough.....

Originally Posted by Pinkie
Damn right, we've come a long way to end up in a Belgian pub anyway! We can report back on Adelaide bars next week for these guys so they know where to avoid when they get here
we'll have to meet up for a guided tour ...... and obviously taste a drink or two along the way so we can compare quality against the prices. girls night out coming up then LOL x
Old May 7th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

CONGRATULATIONS XX enjoy celebrating
Originally Posted by Gonnago
Visa granted today - will be arriving in Adelaide last weekend in June
Old May 7th 2008, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Mitra and Ahura is an unknown quantity at this point

cost us 45 quid for the three of us through our RBS account, I don't think its that much more on line.

Thats really cheap actually for all of you. Is it one of the lounges in the link below? Which one did you chose? I think its worth it as it includes free food and drinks which is really expensive in airports anyway.

http://www.simplylounges.co.uk/heath...ort-lounge.htm

Will PM you nearer the time to arrange to meet up in or out of the lounge (rose in the lapel, news of the world under your arm type of stuff).

sounds like a plan
Old May 7th 2008, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

cost us 45 quid for the three of us through our RBS account, I don't think its that much more on line.

Thats really cheap actually for all of you. Is it one of the lounges in the link below? Which one did you chose? I think its worth it as it includes free food and drinks which is really expensive in airports anyway.

http://www.simplylounges.co.uk/heath...ort-lounge.htm

Will PM you nearer the time to arrange to meet up in or out of the lounge (rose in the lapel, news of the world under your arm type of stuff).

sounds like a plan
To quote people just click at the bottom of the post you want to answer
Old May 7th 2008, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
To quote people just click http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...tons/quote.gif at the bottom of the post you want to answer
Thanks Wendy
Old May 10th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Hi ozzyfever and Mark!

We are also going to Adelaide on the 15th June! We are flying BA at 21.30. Its nice to know others are going through the same thing. Its exciting not knowing what awaits us!

What are your reasons for choosing to live in Adelaide?

Hi we are also flying from London, you won't be able to miss us, loads of cases and me sat crying wondering what the hell are we doing.

We chose Adelaide - property prices cheaper, up and coming City, not too large, great beaches and good climate.

Perhaps we can have a meet up at the airport, we can have a group breakdown together

Where are you staying when you get to Adelaide?

Anyway speak soon

Nicky and Alan
Old May 17th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

kevscotoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Just wondering if anyone else is leaving the UK for Adelaide in June.

We leave Heathrow on 15th June at 18.30pm with Singapore Airlines anyone else on this flight or going in June?
Yep, we arrive in Adelaide 10th June after having 3 night stop in Hong Kong.
2nd time around 4 us - we went in Jan & came back 2 months later! - now going back again
Old May 19th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=JP100UK;6320118]cost us 45 quid for the three of us through our RBS account, I don't think its that much more on line. Will PM you nearer the time to arrange to meet up in or out of the lounge (rose in the lapel, news of the world under your arm type of stuff).

[QUOTE=Mitra and Ahura;6320915]cost us 45 quid for the three of us through our RBS account, I don't think its that much more on line.

[QUOTE=Ozzy Fever;6332720]Hi we are also flying from London, you won't be able to miss us, loads of cases and me sat crying wondering what the hell are we doing.

Have you guys heard any reports on Yotel? We've got an evening flight so gonna arrive very early that morning (in case there are any problems) and spend 4 hours kipping/watching tv/getting freshened up at yotel, looks quite good, fingers crossed it is!!
www.yotel.com
Old May 26th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Nicky and Alan,

We should try to meet at some point at the airport, along with Julie and her gang! we are flying around 9pm.

We havent actually found anywhere definate to stay once we arrive. do you or anyone know of where to find any short let apartments that are nice but quite cheap?

Rach, yotel looks good! but as we are coming from lomdon I dontthink we need it. I think its a great idea if you are traveling to the airport from far away as its important to wind down and relax before flying for 24 hours.

Old May 27th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Hi Nicky and Alan,

We should try to meet at some point at the airport, along with Julie and her gang! we are flying around 9pm.

We havent actually found anywhere definate to stay once we arrive. do you or anyone know of where to find any short let apartments that are nice but quite cheap?

Rach, yotel looks good! but as we are coming from lomdon I dontthink we need it. I think its a great idea if you are traveling to the airport from far away as its important to wind down and relax before flying for 24 hours.

Hi guys

Our flight is at 18.30 from terminal 3, maybe nearer the date we can arrange a time and place to meet up at the airport.
We have booked 2 nights in apartment in Adelaide - think its called Franklin apartments, but don't hold me to it.
How are you feeling less than 3 weeks to go
Nicky
Old May 27th 2008, 9:03 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, You guys must be getting so excited now....
remember to bring your open minds. its cooling down here so bring jumpers.
if you need owt just shout.
kat xx
Old May 27th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Hi, You guys must be getting so excited now....
remember to bring your open minds. its cooling down here so bring jumpers.
if you need owt just shout.
kat xx
Thanks Kat, yes we are coming with an open mind, as never been before so havnt got a clue what is going to greet us, my last day at work this friday, so I do not think that it will hit me until I leave the office for the last time.

What is the temp at the moment?
Old May 27th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Thanks Kat, yes we are coming with an open mind, as never been before so havnt got a clue what is going to greet us, my last day at work this friday, so I do not think that it will hit me until I leave the office for the last time.

What is the temp at the moment?
We also have never been to Adelaide before so are very excited and curoius at whats to come although I am a bit worried that we are yet to find temp accomodation. I am googling like crazy at work! If anyone knows of anything please let us know.

my last day at work is wednesday next week, then I have to think about all that we have to do before we go. have you all sorted out bank transfers? Is HSBC the best bank to use?

We should def all try and find a time to meet, am sure we wil message each other closer to the time.

Kat, It will be good to know the temp at the moment as It will be handy to know what to wear when i step off the plane!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.