Reload this Page >

Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Old May 6th 2008, 7:55 am
Just Joined

JP100UK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Originally Posted by Mitra and Ahura
Only thing about getting a return ticket is that you may not get the extra baggage allowance - something to check maybe?

We booked a return and have been told by the airline that we can have extra baggage allowance. 35 pound more and we get an extra 35 kilos or so.

Hi JP100UK,

We are also flying out on the 15th from heathrow but at 21.30. we may bump into you in the airport! we are flying BA but have heard that Malaisian Airlines are a very good 5 star airline.

I know how hard it is leaving family behind, I am trying not to even think about saying goodbyes.
We will have to arrange to meet for a drink. Are you booked into the lounge. Its not something we normally do, but with a 5 year old in tow, trying to keep the journey as stress free as possible.

We are not taking family to the airport. I meant we may have trouble getting out of the door. We live in Lossiemouth but are staying with family in Lincoln from the beginning of June. Trust me it was hard enough leaving after christmas.
Old May 6th 2008, 8:21 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie
I think Wendy will have been referring to the free extra baggage, on a one way ticket with an unvalidated visa you get 40KGs free. Which sounds great until you have to lug it round at this end!! If you're paying extra that is fine, I am currently looking at booking our first trip back to the UK for a visit and it's way more expensive to book from here than it was from the UK so if you can work round a return you'll probably save money in the end.

With saying goodbye at the airport, I would highly recommend not doing. We stayed at the Travelodge at Manchester the night before we flew and said our goodbyes the night before, had a meal and all that and spent some time together. There is a thread somewhere I started about that and people seemed to be of the same opinion overall. The airport is stressful enough with security, crowds etc without adding tearful relatives and the trauma of saying goodbye to loved ones.

It was still horrible, don't get me wrong but in the morning we woke up and got ourselves together and got on the flight with adventure on our minds.
I highly recommend you dnt have family at the airport,and also booking the night before at a hotel is also a great idea we did this but it still went tits up and only just made the plane as our update says.

Good luck everyone
Old May 6th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Question Re: Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

can i just ask a possible numb question? the 40kgs baggage allowance is that in one or two suitcases per person? have moved most of my clothes and possessions into a suitcase as we are getting rid of drawers ets as moving in with the MIL but it seems v. light

sorry if its a stupid question
getting a bit bamboozled with all that needs to be organised
thanks
kath x
Old May 6th 2008, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kjc79
can i just ask a possible numb question? the 40kgs baggage allowance is that in one or two suitcases per person? have moved most of my clothes and possessions into a suitcase as we are getting rid of drawers ets as moving in with the MIL but it seems v. light

sorry if its a stupid question
getting a bit bamboozled with all that needs to be organised
thanks
kath x
As many suitcases as you like - but any one shouldn't weigh more than 32kg's for health and safety reasons.
Old May 6th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Originally Posted by Wendy
As many suitcases as you like - but any one shouldn't weigh more than 32kg's for health and safety reasons.
thanks wendy you always have the answer will buy u a coffee or a drink when we get there

kath x
Old May 6th 2008, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks wendy you always have the answer will buy u a coffee or a drink when we get there

kath x
Old May 7th 2008, 4:23 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

kath x
Don't make promises like that, you've not seen what she drinks Like emigrating isn't expensive enough.....
Old May 7th 2008, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't make promises like that, you've not seen what she drinks Like emigrating isn't expensive enough.....

Just you wait til I see you on Saturday
Old May 7th 2008, 6:28 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Just you wait til I see you on Saturday
When you're in the UK you can get away with "Oh Wendy, you're so helpful" but then you get here and realise you're going to have to repay all the kindness in fruity flavoured beers
Old May 7th 2008, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When you're in the UK you can get away with "Oh Wendy, you're so helpful" but then you get here and realise you're going to have to repay all the kindness in fruity flavoured beers

I'm not going to that pub again! No way am I paying $12 for a mouthful of apple juice again - regardless of how much alcohol it has in it or where it was 'brewed'
Old May 7th 2008, 6:35 am
Playing the game

I'm not going to that pub again! No way am I paying $12 for a mouthful of apple juice again - regardless of how much alcohol it has in it or where it was 'brewed'
Damn right, we've come a long way to end up in a Belgian pub anyway! We can report back on Adelaide bars next week for these guys so they know where to avoid when they get here
Old May 7th 2008, 10:36 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Damn right, we've come a long way to end up in a Belgian pub anyway! We can report back on Adelaide bars next week for these guys so they know where to avoid when they get here
sounds great
Old May 7th 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Mitra and Ahura is an unknown quantity at this point

We will have to arrange to meet for a drink. Are you booked into the lounge. Its not something we normally do, but with a 5 year old in tow, trying to keep the journey as stress free as possible.

Yes JP100UK we definetely should meet for drinks at the airport and in Adelaide! Its nice to know that quite a few people are going on the same day as us, and many more later on in June. We havent booked into the lounge. How much does it cost to do that? Are you excited about going? have you been to Adelaide before?

Is there anyone going from London to Adelaide? or any londoners living there now?
Old May 7th 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

darn it! how do I do the quoting thing?!
Old May 7th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Just wanted to say thanks to Mr Mover for the Adelaide bound site. I had a look and its really informative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.