Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else feel like this?

Anyone else feel like this?

Old Sep 7th 2004, 10:41 am
Badge

Default Re: Anyone else feel like this?

Originally Posted by Siren
Its got nothing to do with the country.... its to do with the person, only yourself makes your life boring
the issue is that Jad is bored. Not everyone said, (I'm not sure anyone said) that Australia is the culprit.

It is too easy to turn this into a blame UK/blame Aus post. Although many will revel in that

J -you need to do something - only you can know -the issue is with you and your set of circumstances.

BM

Old Sep 7th 2004, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Appology accepted G ...

the basics are, that its not Aus or UK at fault in either case, and its not the persons fault either... its merely a case of one or the other not matching the individual. Thats entirely different to saying that theres nothing on offer or interesting for everyone who comes here.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
Its got nothing to do with the country.... its to do with the person, only yourself makes your life boring
So, if a person is in, say, the Arctic or outback Wanmagadgarobbborrooooing, and finds it boring - that makes the person boring? I don't think so. Some people find Oz interesting, some the UK, some neither.

BTW, just because Oz has 'museums, galleries, theatre' doesn't make them in any way comparable to the quality and range found in UK, Paris, NY...
Old Sep 7th 2004, 11:42 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Lost your taste for BBQ folks? Join the chook fancier's society:
Australian Poultry Fanciers
Old Sep 7th 2004, 11:45 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
So, if a person is in, say, the Arctic or outback Wanmagadgarobbborrooooing, and finds it boring - that makes the person boring? I don't think so. Some people find Oz interesting, some the UK, some neither.
No, it means they are extraverted - nothing happening inside the cranium when the music stops.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 12:36 pm
Badge

BTW, just because Oz has 'museums, galleries, theatre' doesn't make them in any way comparable to the quality and range found in UK, Paris, NY...
Correct Mike its down to the individual ensuring their expectations are met.

I never met anyone who spends their every weekend in museums, galleries, etc...seriously - many are too busy with families..

and besides, many could construe that as boring (!) Museums 'bore' me, but I love aquariums etc but I love research on the internet ..museums might become obsolete?!

Old Sep 7th 2004, 12:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Appology accepted G ...

the basics are, that its not Aus or UK at fault in either case, and its not the persons fault either... its merely a case of one or the other not matching the individual. Thats entirely different to saying that theres nothing on offer or interesting for everyone who comes here.
Actually PP
I am not really opposed to moving. I am just very cutios (perhaps over cautious) for reasons I have given in the past.
You may be pleased to know that the time we spent in Adelaide was quite lively probably because our son was with us but also because I liked Adelaide. I have not ruled out moving there although workwise it is not the best for me.Nor is the fishing the best.
It did have a good feel about it though and ,if we decide not to work, may be our destination.

G
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I'm certainly no expert on fishing (although i'd like to try it) but from my lounge window i can often count more than 40 fishing boats in the bay. Last week there was a huge shoal on the surface (i could have got a bucket and scooped them up!)
Do you prefer river fishing?
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I'm certainly no expert on fishing (although i'd like to try it) but from my lounge window i can often count more than 40 fishing boats in the bay. Last week there was a huge shoal on the surface (i could have got a bucket and scooped them up!)
I do all sorts of fishing. Unfortunately Adelaide's geography does not make for good sea fishing compared to other places.

G
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK there would be 100 fishing boats in the bay (wait for it!)

OzTennis
Old Sep 7th 2004, 10:30 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by OzTennis

OzTennis
nah mate. There would be more variety

Old Sep 8th 2004, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

If a person goes to the Arctic, I presume they have a good reason for this. Maybe they want to reach the North Pole, maybe they like being pulled around by huskies. If they get there and start complaining that there's only snow and ice and that they're bored, I'd say they hadn't done their research.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 2:34 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by OzTennis

OzTennis
... and they'd be French or Spanish. The Blighters!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 2:37 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Grayling
Nor is the fishing the best.
Maybe you could find out where this guy was fishing?

My fishy lover story

Last edited by JulesandChris; Sep 8th 2004 at 2:39 am.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic
If a person goes to the Arctic, I presume they have a good reason for this. Maybe they want to reach the North Pole, maybe they like being pulled around by huskies. If they get there and start complaining that there's only snow and ice and that they're bored, I'd say they hadn't done their research.

Ah ha! But if Australia is now the Arctic then I am an Eskimo, so suppose I was an Eskimo who hated Ice, it must have happened before, an Eskimo who wanted to throw off his furs and spears and go to Chicago for the nightlife, whos to say all Eskimos like where they were born.

As impossible as it may seem that some aussies prefer to live elsewhere its not that unusual, 1 in 20 Aussies have left and now live abroad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.