Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone downloaded an Oz Satnav map (Tomtom) Help!

Anyone downloaded an Oz Satnav map (Tomtom) Help!

Old May 17th 2007, 1:09 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone downloaded an Oz Satnav map (Tomtom) Help!

I've downloaded the map from the tomtom site to an sd card on the tomtom. When it's connected to the computer I can see that the map is installed on the card but when I disconnect it from the computer the tomtom starts showing there's no card installed :curse:

Well I think that's what it's doing anyway.

I was just wondering if maybe it's not working because I'm not in Oz?

Anyone else downloaded these maps that can help me out?
Old May 17th 2007, 1:14 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone downloaded an Oz Satnav map (Tomtom) Help!

Originally Posted by Clippies
I've downloaded the map from the tomtom site to an sd card on the tomtom. When it's connected to the computer I can see that the map is installed on the card but when I disconnect it from the computer the tomtom starts showing there's no card installed :curse:

Well I think that's what it's doing anyway.

Anyone else downloaded these maps that can help me out?
Hi K
I downloaded mine before i went and it worked fine pm me your phone no and i'll explain it to you better L
Old May 17th 2007, 1:55 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok panic over I've sussed it
Old May 17th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Is it a TomTom One? On mine I have the little compass thing that points towards your destination and tells you how many miles your destination is. If you do a route in Australia it points to your destination and tells you how far away it is.

For example, I'm in Rochester, if I do a route in Australia to my Aunts house it tells me that it is 11830 miles away. You have to have a signal & GPS fix for it to work and have to use the Advance Planning option.
Old May 17th 2007, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Is it a TomTom One? On mine I have the little compass thing that points towards your destination and tells you how many miles your destination is. If you do a route in Australia it points to your destination and tells you how far away it is.

For example, I'm in Rochester, if I do a route in Australia to my Aunts house it tells me that it is 11830 miles away. You have to have a signal & GPS fix for it to work and have to use the Advance Planning option.
Yes it's a One - have you put your oz map and uk map on the same card? I'd like to do that but not quite sure how to do it
Old May 17th 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Yes it's a One - have you put your oz map and uk map on the same card? I'd like to do that but not quite sure how to do it
Yeah. I bought a new card (high speed SD card) copied everything from my "official card" to the new one and then copied the Aussie maps in to their own directory on the card.

You can't have both maps active at the same time, you have to chose which one you want. If you are switched on to the aussie map and you get a GPS signal, it just has you in the middle of a huge green field.

Haven't got time to go in to more detail at the moment as I'm just about to leave work. If you need any more help, PM me and I'll pick it up later....
Old May 17th 2007, 3:03 pm

Yeah. I bought a new card (high speed SD card) copied everything from my "official card" to the new one and then copied the Aussie maps in to their own directory on the card.

You can't have both maps active at the same time, you have to chose which one you want. If you are switched on to the aussie map and you get a GPS signal, it just has you in the middle of a huge green field.

Haven't got time to go in to more detail at the moment as I'm just about to leave work. If you need any more help, PM me and I'll pick it up later....
Mark would definitely appreciate some help on how to put them both on one card

It's taken me 2 days to get the Oz ones to work
Old May 17th 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

Hi Clippies,

You need to transfer the "Australia_Map" file on to your designated card, if you open your original card you'll see the "Great_Britain_map" amongst other files, the "Australia_Map" map needs the other files to run. Drag and drop or copy the "Australia_Map" to where the "Great_Britain" map sits in (but not in the Great_Britain folder, then change maps in the preferances in the tomtom.

Chris
Old May 17th 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

hi, i have a tomtom 510 which is the cheapest way to get the oz map.
thanks tony
Old May 17th 2007, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mark would definitely appreciate some help on how to put them both on one card

It's taken me 2 days to get the Oz ones to work
Have sent a PM with directions. Basically the same directions as Chris96, but just more wordy. Why use one word when 10 will do
Old May 17th 2007, 8:25 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Have sent a PM with directions. Basically the same directions as Chris96, but just more wordy. Why use one word when 10 will do
you should be in politics mate
Old May 18th 2007, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

TheKellys is an unknown quantity at this point

Could somebody out there help me aswell , what site did you use to download the map and how much did it cost. I have a TOM TOM ONE bought in Aus with version 6.520 installed on it but I dont know whether it is the latest version or not . If it is the latest then it is seriously lacking as there are roads out there that have been built for over 2 years that are not listed
Just had another look at it and as regards Map it states
'Australia-Map' v568.0
anybody help
thanks

Tony