Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by sub
Yes it really is a big relief to see the back of it!!! My application (136 modl nurse) went on Friday 6th so hoping it is safely in oz by now!

Caroline noticed you are from Yorkshire where abouts? Im a practice nurse in Barnsley hoping to head for Adelaide.

Susan
Susan,
Are you planning to be a practice nurse in Oz? I am a Community Matron but gather nursing is somewhat different over there!
Sally
Sorry Caroline & Susan, have just read through the thread properly & caught up!
My concern about going to Oz is that I have a huge amount of autonomy at the moment & just don't think it will be so there. But, I am not going for career rather benefits for family as a whole.
very interested that each of you is headed to the two areas we are struggling to choose between. main concern re Perth is housing prices, availability etc, so are looking at Bunbury a bit further South.
OH would prefer WA as hotter! I just wish there was an area where there were no spiders!!!!!
Sally

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Jul 12th 2007 at 6:40 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sally, Mmm yes, i think we all have the same fears re the amount of autonomy we have now and what we will get in Oz. I really do think its different in Oz re how much we can lead. But I guess until we go and actually do it its all speculation. I wish I could go out for six weeks or so and have some work experience to get a taster of it all. I am too really nervous re going through the whole job search and interview process again, it will be character building to say the least. Totaly out of comfort zones!! I have a work colleague who is a community matron, we trained together actually and still keep in touch, she is going with her family to Canada and has the same fears.

Susan the reason we decided to go, well there are lots really no one biggy. I could list loads but the main ones are better quality of life for the boys, out door living, more time with the boys, the weather has to be a factor, especially this year!!! I work full time, liam has his own business and works around the clock, when we are together we are that knacked we grunt at each other and hope for bed time so we can get the kids out of the way. It really shocks me that I might look back on my kids younger years praying that bed time would hurry up so I could collapse in a heap and fall a sleep!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: anyone applying july 2007

Sorry for interrupting but i just have to say i can totaly relate to all those reasons you've mentioned. When we live in the UK everythig evolves around work and when you do finaly get home the little one's are so tired from school and playing that you very rarely get more than a couple of hours with them, weekends are spent mostly inside because of the weather and it's just naff. The whole concept of less stress and more time with the family is just going to be soooo good and the sun just makes it all worth while. I do think that most people have the fear of 'will it work out?' but that's natural in my opinion.

good luck to everyone hope everyone's Visa's come through really quickly
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:32 pm
sub
Forum Regular

sub will become famous soon enoughsub will become famous soon enough

Yeah hubby keeps saying 'what if this? what if that?!!' Like I said to him we will never know unless we give it a try, and will always regret it if we dont!!!
Sound like my OH is same as yours Caroline, he has his own business and is hardly at home, always stressed, phone ringing constantly

Like me and OH were discussing last night we know its not gonna be the easy way out, gonna oz, and we will still have to work and run round in morning getting to school, and work on time just think the family time is gonna be much improved

Its just saying bye to the safety net we have around us now - friends, family knowing your way round etc. Does anyone worry they will have no friends in Oz or am I just being daft? its gonna be a big thing starting again I Like a good rattle over a bottle of wine (or two)!!!
Susan

Last edited by sub; Jul 13th 2007 at 12:35 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Hi all,
We have just sent off our TRA on July 10th, My husband is an Electrician (modl) we will be applying for a 136 visa. We will be heading for Adelaide also. Anyone out there in the same boat as us?.

Lee and Joanne
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:44 pm
sub
Forum Regular

sub will become famous soon enoughsub will become famous soon enough

Hi there Lee and Joanne! As you can see from above, Im planning on moving to Adelaide (with hubby and 2 children) visa application went a week ago

Whereabouts in Adelaide you looking at?
Susan
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Just a quick reminder about the ExPats Timeline spreadsheets.

If you would like to be added to the JULY one, email me or send me a private message with the following information.

Username:
Headed to:
Visa class Applied for (add STNI/MODL/SIR if appropriate):
Date application sent:
Are you using an agent:
Medicals – sent with application/booked:
Police Checks – sent with application/sent for:

The spreadsheets can be found here.

Good luck everyone

Karen xx
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Poorginger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mad city fan
was it signed by Virginia if so its next to mine as ours was delivered yesterday also
Virginia was a busy girl as she also signed for ours 9th July - fingers crossed for the next few months then
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Ours was sent off last week by our agent!

Now the long wait begins!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

finally got the WA STNI sponsorship approval!!! yippee
so hopefully still to be july applicants - the visa forms are already with our agent!!
fingers crossed

lisa
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

handbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to all

Hi,

My OH is hoping to send off his initial application by the 23rd July, he is going through the ADF route. We have gathered all the info they require, just need to tweak his CV. If lucky enough to be selected, we have to go where they send us...... fingers crossed!!!

Great support forum by the way!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:23 am
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

hi folks, havn't wrote in a while, but today is the day. sent off the old cheque for the visa application, so its just a waiting game now. good luck to everyone.
Brendan,cath & family
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Our TRA came back last week and we are about to get the bankers draft raised and hopefully the visa will go off next week then the waiting begins, good luck to each and every one of you on here, hope they have a sudden purge and do all of them really quick

Vic's
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:16 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone!!
Ive just posted my application off today!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by penky
Hello everyone!!
Ive just posted my application off today!!
isnt it such a good feeling to see it go well hears to the joys of being patient Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.