Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by pomerz
That my friend is the million pound question.....Was Adelaide for deff but with western australia sponsoring we may look more favourably on somewhere we havent been yet. I say yet as we have decided to enter and validate in Perth and have some distant relatives in the area so we could get some expert opinion on out lying areas (we arent city types really!).

The rollercoaster ride continues althogh now we have the benifit of a seatbelt lol
Wow Pomerz so happy for you guys, what a great way to start the year! Enjoy planning your move (at long last)
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pomerz
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c.../australia.jpg

Well folks good things do actually come to those who wait!

On the 30th December (unbeknown to us) we were granted a Permanent Visa....The call was made and Party Pomerz began

Thanks to all who have kept us in hope across the last 2 years and we look forward to joining up with most of you down under in 2010 (or in August when we will be over to validate).

The Pomz xx

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!

bloody hell about time, really pleased for you - sorry for the delay, not been on here much with moving and all that - what are your plans now?

lisa
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

hi everyone,

posted this update on a different thread though you might like to read it.......

quick update from me - cant remember what i last said??????
well, my OH got offered a job over here when we came and validated in october last year.

we still couldnt sell the house in the UK so decided to rent it - we've managed to secure a year rental on it, to someone i knows friend - she seems really nice so thats put my mind at ease - i also have really good neighbours who can be nosey for me, lol!!!!!!!

we finally flew on january 11th, we were dead jammy, as my OH's company paid for our flights and they flew us business class, i just love turning left on the plane (robson green was in business class with us!!!) - so we've been here 1 month now, and have to say am absolutely loving it so far - the only thing i can say is to be prepared to be forking out alot of money when you first get here, but that will ease over time!!!!

we did have a little issue - my 13 year old daughter all of a sudden decided she didnt want to go and refused to get on the plane, and she didnt decide to say she wasnt coming until we were literally about to enter onto the plane, we couldnt persude her and the air hostess had to take her away to calm her down - luckily she eventually bought her back to my relief, the plane was delyaed on the tarmac for about half an hour and all i was thinking was i wish the plane would just take off so she couldnt throw another wobbley!!!!!
anyway....fingers crossed since then shes been absolutely fine, we had 3 weeks before they started back at school so did loads of good things to keep them amused (inbetween doing all the boring stuff, ie, tax file no, medicare, driving licences, school interviews, school uniform shopping (rip off prices), school books and stationery shopping (yes you have to pay for all their books, writing paper, photocopying paper, scissors, glue etc, etc ect.......well you do in WA, not sure about all other states?)

the kids have been back at school just under a week now, and so far are really enjoying it, my daughter on her second day was no longer the newest student, so that was good! she absolutely hated the school uniform tho' - i think me singing 'home and away' in the shchool uniform shop didnt help, lol!!!!!! and the shoes....not even i think that black leather lace ups are a good look, lol!!!!!!

we're currently in temporary company accommodation for three months while we wait for our furniture to arrive and find ourselves our own place - its clean, tidy and free so i cant moan (well it was tidy before we got there )

the weather is amazing, the beaches are beautiful - we had a great australia day - bunbury, where we live had a fantastic do on, ending in a wicked firework display lasting half an hour, three times i though it was the finale - the best fireworks i've seen!!!!!!

anyway i've rambled on long enough, i said this was only going to be a quick update, lol!!!!!!

does anyone else have any updates?
good luck to anyone waiting to move over

lisa
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lolylew
hi everyone,

posted this update on a different thread though you might like to read it.......

well, my OH got offered a job over here when we came and validated in october last year.

we still couldnt sell the house in the UK so decided to rent it - we've managed to secure a year rental on it, to someone i knows friend - she seems really nice so thats put my mind at ease - i also have really good neighbours who can be nosey for me, lol!!!!!!!

we finally flew on january 11th, we were dead jammy, as my OH's company paid for our flights and they flew us business class, i just love turning left on the plane (robson green was in business class with us!!!) - so we've been here 1 month now, and have to say am absolutely loving it so far - the only thing i can say is to be prepared to be forking out alot of money when you first get here, but that will ease over time!!!!

we did have a little issue - my 13 year old daughter all of a sudden decided she didnt want to go and refused to get on the plane, and she didnt decide to say she wasnt coming until we were literally about to enter onto the plane, we couldnt persude her and the air hostess had to take her away to calm her down - luckily she eventually bought her back to my relief, the plane was delyaed on the tarmac for about half an hour and all i was thinking was i wish the plane would just take off so she couldnt throw another wobbley!!!!!
anyway....fingers crossed since then shes been absolutely fine, we had 3 weeks before they started back at school so did loads of good things to keep them amused (inbetween doing all the boring stuff, ie, tax file no, medicare, driving licences, school interviews, school uniform shopping (rip off prices), school books and stationery shopping (yes you have to pay for all their books, writing paper, photocopying paper, scissors, glue etc, etc ect.......well you do in WA, not sure about all other states?)

the kids have been back at school just under a week now, and so far are really enjoying it, my daughter on her second day was no longer the newest student, so that was good! she absolutely hated the school uniform tho' - i think me singing 'home and away' in the shchool uniform shop didnt help, lol!!!!!! and the shoes....not even i think that black leather lace ups are a good look, lol!!!!!!

we're currently in temporary company accommodation for three months while we wait for our furniture to arrive and find ourselves our own place - its clean, tidy and free so i cant moan (well it was tidy before we got there )

the weather is amazing, the beaches are beautiful - we had a great australia day - bunbury, where we live had a fantastic do on, ending in a wicked firework display lasting half an hour, three times i though it was the finale - the best fireworks i've seen!!!!!!

anyway i've rambled on long enough, i said this was only going to be a quick update, lol!!!!!!

does anyone else have any updates?
good luck to anyone waiting to move over

lisa
Ah thanks for the update Lisa, were still stuck here in the snow waiting for our house to sell so nothing really to report. Sooooo glad things are going well for you and yours, I know my daughter didn't like any of the uniforms when we visited 5 of the local primary schools when we validated in October!!!

Enjoy and take care
Vic's x
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=lolylew;7263106]hi everyone,

Hi Lisa
Thanks for the good wishes and thanks for your update it was excellent.....You guys have been busy!

We eventually received the paperwork for our visa a month later than was originally promised but it was never in doubt....we celebrated again lol

When we started this process we were set on Brisbane so chose a recce to there on the back of a friends wedding in Adelaide in Oct 07.......We loved Adelaide and didnt love Brisbane so spent the last 15 months dreaming of Adelaide and good times........

Sponsorship came from WA at the end of 2008 so for the first time we began researching Perth and the surrounding areas.....To our great delight all we have seen on the tinterweb we have loved so its to Perth we are heading on our validation trip

We fly in on June 15th via dubai to take a good look around and have booked a posh 5 bed house in Quins Rocks for a week. We are so excited about coming again but are concerned about the house sale and no job ect. We may opt for renting the house out if all else fails and coincidentally there is a jobs expo in Perth whilst we are there so we will see how the job scene is once we hit the ground.

Keep us informed of life in WA as we will be potentially tracking not to far behind you guys

Be Lucky and thanks to all who have wished us well and for those not yet there hang on in there.....

Matt Rach n Ole'
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

[quote=pomerz;7295181]
hi everyone,

Hi Lisa
Thanks for the good wishes and thanks for your update it was excellent.....You guys have been busy!

We eventually received the paperwork for our visa a month later than was originally promised but it was never in doubt....we celebrated again lol

When we started this process we were set on Brisbane so chose a recce to there on the back of a friends wedding in Adelaide in Oct 07.......We loved Adelaide and didnt love Brisbane so spent the last 15 months dreaming of Adelaide and good times........

Sponsorship came from WA at the end of 2008 so for the first time we began researching Perth and the surrounding areas.....To our great delight all we have seen on the tinterweb we have loved so its to Perth we are heading on our validation trip

We fly in on June 15th via dubai to take a good look around and have booked a posh 5 bed house in Quins Rocks for a week. We are so excited about coming again but are concerned about the house sale and no job ect. We may opt for renting the house out if all else fails and coincidentally there is a jobs expo in Perth whilst we are there so we will see how the job scene is once we hit the ground.

Keep us informed of life in WA as we will be potentially tracking not to far behind you guys

Be Lucky and thanks to all who have wished us well and for those not yet there hang on in there.....

Matt Rach n Ole'
Good luck guys, hope everything goes fantastic for you, your certainly have waited more than most

take care
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=pomerz;7295181]
hi everyone,

Hi Lisa

Matt Rach n Ole'

good luck on your validation trip - i know you'll love it its hard not to!!!!!!

when we went on our validation trip we stayed in quinns for one of the weeks.
one thing to do is catch the train (nearest carkson - you can park your car, free if i remember right) and go into perth - i coudnt believe how easy, clean and cheap it was - well worth it for the experience, you'd be mad to get lost on it, and what i though was weird was that it runs down the centre of the motorway/freeway/highway whatever they call it! you get off right in the centre of perth CBD! when your there all the buses in the CBD are free! and with your train ticket the ferry over the river is free too!!!!!

kings park is fab too - there is even free car parking there too, and its in the centre of town!!!! amazing views over the river!

i know you will anyway but have a good look around, check out different areas/suburbs, north and south if you get time.

are there any limitations on your visa - ie, like you cant be directly in the perth metro area? or can you go anywhere?

our 137 visa said we couldnt be in the metro area, so we were looking at mandurah, but then andrew got a job in bunbury. initially i wasnt too keen on going to bunbury, but i have to say i absolutely love it - it has everything you need and the people are soooo friendly.

anyway good luck and keep us updated.
lisa
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

propercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nice

Its ages since we've posted, but we're in Australia! Last September we decided to rent the house as it didn't sell, so the return tickets we bought for our validation trip were only used one way in October.
We are living in a rental at Port Kennedy, Perth. OH has a job as a boilermaker & I now feel ready to start looking as the children have settled with work & Tafe.
We've all had pangs of homesickness, but seem to get over it within a few days.My brother & sister-in-laws friends made us feel really welcome & were a great help lending us bits & pieces for the house. If there's anyone in this area that would like to meet for a drink p.m us.

It was good to read that you have your visa Pomerz well done bet your glad you didn't give up!
Good luck to you all & live the dream
Heather & Gary
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by propercornish
Its ages since we've posted, but we're in Australia! Last September we decided to rent the house as it didn't sell, so the return tickets we bought for our validation trip were only used one way in October.
We are living in a rental at Port Kennedy, Perth. OH has a job as a boilermaker & I now feel ready to start looking as the children have settled with work & Tafe.
We've all had pangs of homesickness, but seem to get over it within a few days.My brother & sister-in-laws friends made us feel really welcome & were a great help lending us bits & pieces for the house. If there's anyone in this area that would like to meet for a drink p.m us.

It was good to read that you have your visa Pomerz well done bet your glad you didn't give up!
Heather & Gary

congrats propercornish....you best change your location now
glad alls going well for you

lisa
Old Feb 27th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Heather & Gary [/QUOTE]

Hi Guys
Thanks for the good wishes and yes we are so glad we didnt give up (that was re-inforced when our passports came back from ozzie house with that sticker saying allowed to stay in Australia indefinitely....Double gulp!)

Glad to see you guys went for it (were you in St Austell? sorry i couldnt remember).....We currently reside in Callington and as said in the previous post will be out to validate for a week from the 15th June staying North of Perth and would love to meet anyone on our thread to try to get a feel for what we are letting ourselves in for and all tips will be gladly accepted!

Matt Rach n Ole

Oh and of course if we did see you we would bring you some local comfort food as you must be having a pasty withdrawal even at this early stage lol
Old Mar 31st 2009, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering how everyone is?

Anyone still waiting for visa from July '07???

Hope everyone is ok

My update is here if anyone interested
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596597
Old Apr 5th 2009, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Hi everyone, Im sorry Ive not been on here in ages, just a quick update we left Plymouth on May 3rd, I cant believe we have been here nearly a year already We moved to Perth and are living in Secret Harbour and love it, OH has found a good job at a car dealership as a manager and Ive gone back into childcare, and the boys have settled well into there 2nd school and are making friends. We have not been homesick at all are only regret is that we didnt move over here sooner. If anyone lives near us feel free to contact me if you fancy a meet up.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that all is going well Ozzy
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

good to hear from you, glad alls going well xxxxxx

would be good to hear more updates from everyone
Old Apr 5th 2009, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

Hi all,

We're still in blighty,house not sold.:curse:
Will be renting if not sold by august
Glad to hear your all doing well and loving it
We wish you all the very best of luck with your new lives in oz.Hope to see some of you real soon in perth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.