Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone applied for a UK passport from Canberra recently?

Anyone applied for a UK passport from Canberra recently?

Old Jul 1st 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone applied for a UK passport from Canberra recently?

Hate to tell you but they do use Australian Air express.....

And more bad news..... They took my money about a month before my passport actually arrived....
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Angry Anna is an unknown quantity at this point

My passport was charged on 12th JUNE...Simon at Canberra said that was the first stage of the processing...we sent the application in the middle of May....Katherine, thank you for your kind words, what did they say to the counter signer?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

so things are going bad to worse...I really do not know what to do...:curse:
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

They just asked the counter signatory to confirm the information given on the form. It was a very quick phonecall on the Weds evening and we then got our passport on the following Tuesday lunchtime.
Did you tell them you were travelling next Monday? and state that they'd had your passport for the 30 working days. That 'seemed' to make them take notice -- but who knows!
The whole system seems a nightmare and the hardest thing for me was that nobody would confirm anything or would confirm dates or even give me likely timescales. It's like everyone is trying to cover their own back and not say anything that you can throw back at them. It's just so frustrating. I really hope you get it sorted....... Good Luck.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. We have told them we are travelling on Monday...they don't seem to care...I really am so frustrated...I suppose they are only doing their jobs....I'll keep my fingers crossed...thanks again
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all

I finally got my new born's passport a week last monday - it arrived just before 7 in the morning! I think it was about 3 weeks after the money was taken off the credit card. It took just under 6 weeks to process but I did include a covering letter explaining the urgency so maybe that helped. Anyway we are now sorted - I hope everyone else gets theirs in time.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:15 am
Just Joined

PoshPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask a really daft question please??
Can I send my passport back to England to be renewed, sent back to parents uk address, who can then send it back to me? If its quicker and cheaper? I did bring forms out with me as only a year left on passport...now 8 months. Am in no hurry so could do it in oz. was just wondering.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:11 am
Just Joined

you can do that, just the risk with all the posting.....
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:56 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry Anna
you can do that, just the risk with all the posting.....
Actually no I believe you cant. If you live outside of the UK it has to be done at the embassy or consulate of your country of residence. The only other way is to apply for it personally whilst visiting the UK.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

I think centurion is correct. Although how they would know is anybody's guess!!!
Hope your passport has arrived angryanna!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PoshPom
Can I ask a really daft question please??
Can I send my passport back to England to be renewed, sent back to parents uk address, who can then send it back to me? If its quicker and cheaper? I did bring forms out with me as only a year left on passport...now 8 months. Am in no hurry so could do it in oz. was just wondering.
Yes you can.

But you’re not supposed to. My Mum lives in Perth and she did it by sending her application with her sisters address details (as if she was in the UK). She got her passport sent to her sisters within a week and they where none the wiser.

Just make sure if you do it that you download the forms from the UK Passport website, NOT an overseas Embassy website. – same name forms but some of the overseas sites have that they are forms for an FCO.
Mikey
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Just for info - mine took just about five weeks. I didn't have any date of travel or anything - just that my passport expired in early June. I posted it via DHL (although Australian Air Express picked it up as their agent because I live in the sticks on the Sunshine Coast apparently - just 15 mins drive from Caloundra/Mooloolaba. Apparently way out of DHL's zone area - we are 2 minutes off the Bruce Highway ) I couldn't track it because of this, which peed me off. Don't trust Aus Post - anything I have posted with them by their express courier service has got lost or turned up several weeks later - which is not the point of their express service
The same Aus Air Express guy delievered my passport back from the High Commission
I thought the service was OK - going by the timelines I have seen on here.
Obviously very frustrating when you have a travel date lined up and you have said so. Empathy to all those in that situation.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

YAY, I recieved my passport today.

They recieved it on the 30th may, so took just over 5 weeks, not bad considering they say 6 weeks on their website.
I’m just glad my other half was home sick to sign for it!

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting.

Mikey
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:23 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

We just had our daughters replacement passport delivered today. The application was posted 4th June.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 3:39 am
Just Joined

heathgravett is a jewel in the roughheathgravett is a jewel in the roughheathgravett is a jewel in the roughheathgravett is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

We've been in Aus for 1 year 4 months and need to renew our sons British Passport.

The question I have is the endorsement of the photograph needs to be performed by someone who has known us for at least 2 years. Well that's noone in Aus then!!

Does this mean I have to send the docs and photo to someone in the uk to endorse and send back or will they accept a shorter time period due to circumstances? Has anyone had this issue and resolved it?

I really need to get the application in soon so any advise would be great.

Cheers

Heath

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.