Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone applied for a UK passport from Canberra recently?

Anyone applied for a UK passport from Canberra recently?

Old May 26th 2008, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone applied for a UK passport from Canberra recently?

Originally Posted by Famous 5
The courier came about an hour ago so I am now the owner of a shiny new passport. I am so relieved!
when was yours sent in Famous 5?
Do you know how long after they cashed your cheque/processed your payment that it took to arrive.
We fly 4 weeks on Weds and they still havent taken the cash.....
Old May 26th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

If this helps we sent OHs off on 8th April, had the registered post receipt back a couple of days later.

The payment showed up on the CC bill on the 29th April and the passport arrived back on the 22nd May - phew!

Kim
Old May 26th 2008, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Tamstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I spoke to Will from BHC this afternoon who confirmed my passport is in the pile to be dispatched today - so will be delivered tomorrow - yippee!!!

So originally....

I couried it and it was recieved by them on 18th april

They took the money 7th May

I'll get it back 27th May

Not sure if that timeline helps anyone..

cant wait for tomorrow and to have it back in my little hands....

Tamstar
Old May 26th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Thanks both. Gives me a time-line to compare to! I think I'm just going to spend the last 2 weeks of June making advances to anyone in the vicinity who looks like they might be a courier!!!
Old May 29th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Yey got my passport back today after 6 weeks, but mine wasnt an urgent request so maybe thats why it took a while.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by koalakim
Oh dear - reading this thread is making me feel ill! We sent off OH passport for renewal well ahead of time - it said 25 days on the website then now it's 30 and we are flying back to the UK in 2 1/2 weeks!

We don't have an Aussie passport yet, we had half thought of going back and renewing it in the UK - maybe that would be the better option. It's not run out it's just that we didn't have 6 months left on it.

We did call them to ask what to do about a change of address so they said fax it over but we've had no acknowledgment or anything! They took the money about 2 weeks ago - that's all we know.

I have to say as others it's a pretty bad service for the amount of money you are paying. After all how many Brits are there in Oz and how many need to renew their passports all at once!

Praying it will come at the end of this week when the 30 days are up. It's really bad you can't just go in and get a new one like in the UK - they don't seem to care!

Yeah, I know we meant to do it ages ago but got bogged down in work etc. Fingers crossed or I might be going it alone!

Kim
Posted my 5-year-old son's application to renew a British passport by registered post on 4/4/08 and received passport on 29/5/08 but not travelling overseas so didn't specify I needed it by a certain date. I would have thought this would help people like you who need the passport more urgently and therefore would be given higher priority.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

grevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Famous 5
The only thing I know is that urgent applications are dealt with more quickly than the standard 6 weeks, but the person I spoke to wouldn't specify how long an emergency application would take.

Do you know how to get your application red flagged in the first place?
Although I'm sure their standard service leaves much to be desired, we had an emergency a year or so ago & found they couldn't have been more helpful. We had to do an urgent, unexpected return to the UK because MIL was gravely ill. They were actually very sympathetic & helpful on the phone, & turned round a replacement passport in 24 hours for no extra charge. They even said if we needed to travel sooner, they could contact the UK & Aus Immigration people for us and 'sort something out.' I was amazed at how good they were.

Hope others waiting get sorted soon, it's annoying isn't it? But I hope it's of some comfort to know that, if you have a genuine family emergency, they do seem to pull out the stops to help.

G.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

My husband needs to renew his passport which I shall do in due course. My daughter will also need hers renewing in Dec 08 (assuming she can carry over 9 months on it haven't check if you can do that on a child passport yet)
We won't have been here 2 years at that point neither will my husband when he applies for his. What do you do about counter signing the photos.

Thanks.

Poppet

Last edited by PoppetUK; Jun 4th 2008 at 3:59 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

You can send the photos back to someone in the UK and then get them to send them back to you here -- just leave yourself enough time to do it!
Or if it's a renewal and the photos havent changed then I think the 2 year rule can be "flexible" Whatever you do, leave plenty of time.... It has been on my list of "things to do" since xmas and I stupidly left it till the last minute and am now getting stressed. And I have nobody to blame but myself!!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I have applied to renew my UK passport (changed my name).

Anyway, I sent it off last week and seen they received my application on the 30th May (checked registered post).

I know their website says 30 working days, but I am getting worried because the money has not come off my credit card yet.

So I am just wondering, how long did it take for them to take the money off your card? I’m not in a hurry for my passport, but I am paranoid there will be problems because I changed my name.

So I just want to know, how long after you sent it did they take payment?

Thanks,

Mikey
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Hi,

I have applied to renew my UK passport (changed my name).

Anyway, I sent it off last week and seen they received my application on the 30th May (checked registered post).

I know their website says 30 working days, but I am getting worried because the money has not come off my credit card yet.

So I am just wondering, how long did it take for them to take the money off your card? I’m not in a hurry for my passport, but I am paranoid there will be problems because I changed my name.

So I just want to know, how long after you sent it did they take payment?

Thanks,

Mikey
My passport was sent registered mail on May 14th and the cash was taken 2 weeks later on May 28th. From previous posts above I worked out it was about 3 weeks from the time the cash was taken until people received their passports.....
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just wondering if anyone has received a passport in the last week or so, and if so, when they applied.....
I'm getting even more obsessive now!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Katherined0
Just wondering if anyone has received a passport in the last week or so, and if so, when they applied.....
I'm getting even more obsessive now!
Nope, they still havent even taken the payment yet! I'd hate to be in a hurry!

Mikey
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Just had the joys of speaking to the so called information line.

They take your $10 by credit card and THEN tell you absolutely NOTHING! I am so mad! In 48hours time I can ring again, pay another $10 and they MAY be able to give me more information!

I just dont understand what I am paying my $10 for it the information line cant offer you any information..........

They were also unable to answer any of my questions such as what the average processing time for passports is at the moment?
What the maximum time is for processing passports?
I cant even withdraw my application until Friday morning and get my son's old passport back!

I dont understand why it takes 8 days in the UK and you can track it online, and yet out here even the bloody information line cant track it!!!

Sorry -- needed a rant. I'd hoped it would make me feel better but I'm still just as angry!
K
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

I don’t understand why they are so slow.

The money came off my Credit Card on Friday, YAY, so at least I know they have started it... when it will be out to me, I have no idea!

Mikey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.