Reload this Page >

Anybody know Katherine,NT

Anybody know Katherine,NT

Old Dec 24th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Post Anybody know Katherine,NT

Does anyone know Katherine in the NT.

What are good areas and what are bad areas?

Is it better to be near the river or away from it due to the chance of future flooding.

tia
Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:25 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody know Katherine,NT

Originally Posted by ubdai

Is it better to be near the river or away from it due to the chance of future flooding.

tia
Don't know about the Katherine area, but just read your signature and wondered what Vetaccess is.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:58 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Don't know about the Katherine area, but just read your signature and wondered what Vetaccess is.
Is that really a helpful or necessary comment for a relatively new member - especially from a Mod?
Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Is that really a helpful or necessary comment for a relatively new member - especially from a Mod?
I have to say I did wonder the same - I guess it means Vetassess but there are a lot of abbreviations around these days so it could easily be something else.

For the OP - flooding is an annual issue in Katherine, some years worse than others .Theres some info here -
http://nt.gov.au/nreta/water/surface...ruralmaps.html which might help for starters. Lots more info through links on Google. Not sure if we have any regular posters there, though there are a few up in Darwin.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

My mum has been there many times so I will ask her when I pick her up this morning. They lived in Kununurra for many years just over the border in WA.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 4:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
I'm not sure what's unhelpful or un-necessary about asking what something in the OP's signature was. Also, bear in mind that I'm a regular poster on here, not just a moderator, and am just as entitled to ask a question as anyone. If a particular post upsets you the report button is just to the right of the karma one.

Last edited by Dorothy; Dec 25th 2008 at 4:16 am.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Mum said the town is pretty flat but its craggy around there. Very hot place just like Kununurra. Large Aboriginal population as there is in most places in the north as there is a large reservation there so a lot of people probably work in Aboriginal Affairs.

You do have to like living in the outback to live in these places because they are very different and you have to like the heat and humidity in the summer. Winters are nice but that is only three to four months of the year the rest of the time its hot.

Incidentally my parents sold their lease and move to Melbourne when they retired.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 6:33 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Petals
Mum said the town is pretty flat but its craggy around there. Very hot place just like Kununurra. Large Aboriginal population as there is in most places in the north as there is a large reservation there so a lot of people probably work in Aboriginal Affairs.

You do have to like living in the outback to live in these places because they are very different and you have to like the heat and humidity in the summer. Winters are nice but that is only three to four months of the year the rest of the time its hot.

Incidentally my parents sold their lease and move to Melbourne when they retired.
I've always thought someplace like Kununurra sounded like a great place to live if you're looking for a bit of an adventure. Either before kids or after they're grown and moved out.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough

Should have been 'Vetassess'. Fingers got crossed whilst typing.
All corrected now.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 9:59 pm
Still alive

Should have been 'Vetassess'. Fingers got crossed whilst typing.
All corrected now.
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was a new skills authority or not. They change so often I can't keep up!!!

Good luck with your move to NT.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've always thought someplace like Kununurra sounded like a great place to live if you're looking for a bit of an adventure. Either before kids or after they're grown and moved out.
A lot of Americans lived up there when Mum and Dad lived there and I guess they still do. It was not so touristy then and you did not have to get tours to places like Hidden Valley. I did not live there I just visited and that was enough. In the wet its very very uncomfortable.

The stations are huge and they muster with helicopters.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've been there a couple of times. Why on earth would you want to move there?
Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
I've been there a couple of times. Why on earth would you want to move there?
I've been there once. Why on earth did you go twice?

Seriously, its a sh-thole. Last place I would consider staying in OZ.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I did not want to say what the previous two ops said but Mum said she would not like to live there.

Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Try http://www.katherine.nt.gov.au/ i have been but like most it was a stop off to somewere else, an adventure for a holiday yes but dont no about living in or around katherine, but everyone is different good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.