Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Long Story!! Will this phone work with a Optus Sim? Unlocked in Aus!

Long Story!! Will this phone work with a Optus Sim? Unlocked in Aus!

Old May 11th 2010, 9:10 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Long Story!! Will this phone work with a Optus Sim? Unlocked in Aus!

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/pro.../specification

Its unlocked, dual band, nice phone, will it work in Australia.???

I have a quad band, why, i don't know, but works fine, misus has a Tri band, again works fine, but a mate has a consignment of these animals, just wondered will they work down under? They are Dual band, nonsense to me?

Cheers Keith?

P.S. I ask because the Samsung E1310 from the Optus network works fine and that is a dual band?

Night!

Last edited by Keith Moon; May 11th 2010 at 9:17 pm. Reason: I am a plonka!
Old May 11th 2010, 10:18 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Story!! Will this phone work with a Optus Sim? Unlocked in Aus!

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/pro.../specification

Its unlocked, dual band, nice phone, will it work in Australia.???

I have a quad band, why, i don't know, but works fine, misus has a Tri band, again works fine, but a mate has a consignment of these animals, just wondered will they work down under? They are Dual band, nonsense to me?

Cheers Keith?

P.S. I ask because the Samsung E1310 from the Optus network works fine and that is a dual band?

Night!
As far as I know they should work fine, as long as they are unlocked and are dual band.
Old May 12th 2010, 1:31 am
Just Joined

headsouth will become famous soon enoughheadsouth will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Long Story!! Will this phone work with a Optus Sim? Unlocked in Aus!

As far as the band go it should work fine.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_e1360-2784.php

I got Acer Dx900, for the dual sim. Whatever you do dont get it . Just to get it work without pulling your hair out ,you need to do a 3rd party coooked ROM.

If you do get the samsung , could you comment on it ?
Old May 12th 2010, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Dual band is fine for the conventional GSM networks over here.

Tri-band phones are often needed for going to America. It's all to do with the frequencies that the different companies transmit on. 900/1800 I think were the original two frequencies used, can't remember what the third one is 1900?!
Old May 12th 2010, 12:50 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies, sent you all karmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, the first time i came over, i went out and spent £60 peso's on a quad band, thought unless it was quad band it will not work????

I plan to buy five of these dual bands................ a fiver each, unlock them all, just bargains for a fiver each? I will see how much it costs to unlock them all?

But thanks again!

Keith
Old May 13th 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies, sent you all karmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, the first time i came over, i went out and spent £60 peso's on a quad band, thought unless it was quad band it will not work????

I plan to buy five of these dual bands................ a fiver each, unlock them all, just bargains for a fiver each? I will see how much it costs to unlock them all?

But thanks again!

Keith
you can prob buy a cable and unlock yourself if you look for unlocking programs on internet!

when you heading back? Our baby due mid June and hopefully all being well with little en we can fly out Aug-Sept.

Hope Tory Liberal new lovers can sort out some strength in the £peso before we go!!!