Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any one in melbourne,

any one in melbourne,

Old May 19th 2009, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future
Default Re: any one in melbourne,

Originally Posted by mbutelec
hi there we arrived in melbourne in march and chose langwarrin ,its a great place close to most things ,and good schools and sports clubs .we have 3 kids 13 ,11,and 1 .Franskston great place to shop and good beach but lots of undesirables hanging about near train station . south frankston nice but langwarrin to me seems better lots of space ,parks and good road links .Local soccer club lots of ex pats good for kids .Rentals can be a pain agents rubbish and lots of dumps on market ,some great new developments about with rentals on try for these .but you might have to pay six months up front to get them we did and it seems to work
Hi mbutelec, welcome to Langy and to BE, we have been in Langwarrin now for 16 months, we are just behind the Langwarrin pub, are you anywhere near?

Cheers,

Rob.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lynneandwayne
Hi we are getting excited, just booked a furnished rental in mount martha, till our furniture arrives. then will look round for something more permanet then. My husband is a teacher and has a job at Frankston High. So we need to be roughly in that area.. I am hoping to get a job at frankston hospital. We have two young boys how are getting excited to, so life is a bit stressful at the moment. We found our rental from a job web site if your interested. wwwmoving-to-melbourne.co.uk
Hi Lynneandwayne, we live in Langwarrin and my wife works at Frankston Hospital, it only takes her 10mins in the morning to get there and she starts at 8.30am.

Good luck, Rob, Helen & Caitlain.
Old May 20th 2009, 9:04 am
Just Joined

mbutelec is an unknown quantity at this point

hi rob and helen yes were on pindara boulevard so not far seems to be a few expats in and around langwarrin ,well after arrange a meeting at pub for old and new
Old May 20th 2009, 9:11 am
Just Joined

mbutelec is an unknown quantity at this point

are you settling in then? we went to langwarrin to have a little look it did seem nice. How long into frankston from there do you think> Hubby has a job at Frankston high...
settling in fine ,great people offer you loads of help ,Frankston about five minutes in car straight across from langwarrin one road, very easy to get about not as much traffic as england.Kids go to frankston most weekends got a massive skate park there and areally nice beach .Hope it all goes well for you too if you need any help just ask matthew
Old May 21st 2009, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mbutelec
hi rob and helen yes were on pindara boulevard so not far seems to be a few expats in and around langwarrin ,well after arrange a meeting at pub for old and new
Bugger, just accross the road, I will send you a PM with our contact details to arrange a beer at the PUB.

Cheers,

Rob.
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

well i have just been offered at job at frankston hosptial, so all is falling into place finally. all set for the off.... nearly...................
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

well i have just been offered at job at frankston hosptial, so all is falling into place finally. all set for the off.... nearly...................

Just noticed you are from Newcastle, please no more geordies we are surrounded by them and mackems.

Only joking, my closest mates over here are all from the North East.

John
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: any one in melbourne,

oh god that s just who were are trying to get away from... esp the mackems..

No it will be nice to meet up with people who have gone through what we are doing.. english or otherwise...