Reload this Page >

any one in melbourne,

any one in melbourne,

Old May 9th 2009, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any one in melbourne,

Originally Posted by NiknAid
We moved to Melbourne in November last year and are living in Langwarrin. We have 2 boys aged 9 and 5 who go to Langwarrin Park Primary. I cannot praise the school highly enough, the facilities that they have are equivalent to a private school in England. They have made my children welcome and really helped them with settling in etc.
The reason we ended up in Langwarrin rather than Frankston was because no-one had a bad word to say about the area. Frankston is very good for shopping and for the waterfront festivals that they have. Frankston South also looks very nice but can be quite expensive to buy a house there.
We are looking to buy a house within the next 18 months and will stay in Langwarrin.
Feel free to ask me any questions but bear in mind that I am still looking at it through fresh eyes only having been here for 5 - 6 months.
It took about 3 weeks for us to find a rental but we did rush into it because it was 2 weeks before christmas, we do regret getting tied into the property for a year because now we know the area we would have chosen a different part of Langwarrin. This is only because we would prefer to be within walking distance of the school and shops rather than having to have 2 cars but it is worth bearing in mind when looking for a rental.
Frankston is a shithole (especially on weekends) and Langwarrin is in the middle of nowhere.
Old May 9th 2009, 1:27 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Frankston is a shithole (especially on weekends) and Langwarrin is in the middle of nowhere.
you muppet
Old May 9th 2009, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
you muppet
So you disagree with my opinion? From your sig you have only been in Oz for 10 months... So you don't have the 20 odd years experience of Melbourne that I do?

Frankston is a shithole and it's also got one of the highest crime rates in Melb. And Langwarring is in the middle of nowhere. But then again, so is Packenham. I'm sure you have a lot of fun with your six fingered friends... Or maybe your sister!

Last edited by Deancm; May 9th 2009 at 4:10 pm.
Old May 9th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

yeah i agree with the above poster, i cant believe all this hype about Frankston, it is a crap hole. I played at Daveys and Flannagans in main drag off an on over last 5-7 years and frankston is possibly the highest butt of all melbournes jokes... Who ever called it a city is avin a laugh aswell. Just cause you live and work there doesnt mean you have to live there, you could live in a bunch of areas along the bay, mentone, Chelsea, Moordialloc, Bon Beach all way nicer and far less boguns..

Either way its better than the UK, so you'll probably love it.
Old May 9th 2009, 9:51 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

So you disagree with my opinion? From your sig you have only been in Oz for 10 months... So you don't have the 20 odd years experience of Melbourne that I do?

Frankston is a shithole and it's also got one of the highest crime rates in Melb. And Langwarring is in the middle of nowhere. But then again, so is Packenham. I'm sure you have a lot of fun with your six fingered friends... Or maybe your sister!
again .... you sound like a complete twat

keep going ........................

love

lee
Old May 9th 2009, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Warning: contains lots of swearing.

The Frankston bit starts about half way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgt7hKZKvjk
Old May 9th 2009, 10:27 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Warning: contains lots of swearing.

The Frankston bit starts about half way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgt7hKZKvjk
Old May 9th 2009, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sherro
yeah i agree with the above poster, i cant believe all this hype about Frankston, it is a crap hole. I played at Daveys and Flannagans in main drag off an on over last 5-7 years and frankston is possibly the highest butt of all melbournes jokes... Who ever called it a city is avin a laugh aswell. Just cause you live and work there doesnt mean you have to live there, you could live in a bunch of areas along the bay, mentone, Chelsea, Moordialloc, Bon Beach all way nicer and far less boguns..

Either way its better than the UK, so you'll probably love it.
Mentone and Moordialloc I can see but Bon Beach and Chelsea?
Old May 10th 2009, 3:02 am
Account Closed

again .... you sound like a complete twat

keep going ........................

love

lee
Do you have difficulty in constructively rebutting my post about Frankston and Langwarrin or do you only have the mental capacity to refer to someone as "a muppet" and "a twat"?
Old May 10th 2009, 3:24 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Do you have difficulty in constructively rebutting my post about Frankston and Langwarrin or do you only have the mental capacity to refer to someone as "a muppet" and "a twat"?
Sure Frankston is not classed as one of the most desirable area's to reside in but Langwarrin has a very good reputation and its not in the 'middle of no-where".....its located very nicely at the top of the Peninsula.

Last edited by stuckinblighty; May 10th 2009 at 3:30 am.
Old May 10th 2009, 3:33 am
pink 'n' bouncy

'20 odd years of experience in Melbourne' and you still can't spell Pakenham correctly

Last edited by stuckinblighty; May 10th 2009 at 3:37 am.
Old May 10th 2009, 3:36 am
Account Closed

'20 odd years of Melbourne' experience and you still can't spell Pakenham correctly

Which is exactly how much attention I give to the place.
Old May 10th 2009, 3:39 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Which is exactly how much attention I give to the place.
Old May 10th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Hi, getting back to the OP's question.

We live in South Frankston. There are lots of good primary schools in the S.Frankston/Mt Eliza area. Here are a few that were recommended to me by the Mum's at kinder when my son was due to move up to primary school.

Derinya in Overport Rd
Mount Eliza North in Moseley Drive off Walkers Rd
Mount Eliza just off the Nepean H.Way
Kunyung beach side in Mt.Eliza
St. Thomas Moor (Catholic) in Canadian Bay. Mt.Eliza

The only school I didn't view was St.Thomas Moor as we're not religious. However, I have heard it's a lovely small school. All the other schools looked good in difference ways and I found it difficult to choose between two of them but at the end of the day I picked the one I thought was best for my son. A couple of the school have zones but I'm sure their websites will provide further info.

You can apply for a TFN online when you arrive as long as you have an Australian address. We stayed at the Robsinson Rd BIG4 when we arrived and used their address until we found a rental. The BIG4 cabins can be cold in the winter months. There's a medicare office in the Bayside shopping centre in Frankston and one in the small shopping complex in Mornington where the Safeway is opposite the Bays hospital.

Also, a couple of ex-pats run an temp accomodation and car-finder service. They are a great couple called Andy and Cath Thomas. I'll PM you their web details as I'm not sure about the BritExpats rules on advertising etc.

I wouldn't panic about finding a rental in the area as there always seems to be a good few decent ones available in the area.

Good to hear you are remaining calm. If you would like any further info just ask.

Caroline
Old May 11th 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

well what can i say, seem to have started a debate there, some for frankston some against... not sure what to say really..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.