Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi all Perthies

Perhaps we could do a list of who's who, when they are going & where they plan to settle in Perth area? That way it would be easier to see the bigger picture, perhaps do it for everyone going this year to keep it managable

Whadda you reckon?

Chris

Great idea, how are we going to do it?

denise
x
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:55 pm
On Our Way in Nov!

kbdb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we're also hoping to fly out around about then, depending on house sale going through etc.

Est71 - we're also wigan based, if you fancy a meet-up let me know. Be good to get to know someone before we get out there.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

cowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all
just want to see if anyone is going to perth in september or october this year?
we fly from birmingham on the 1st october 2.20 pm ?? it would be good to speak to people in the same boat in the same place at the same time
many thanks
Dave
hi Dave
we are flying on 31st august to perth...nice to meet you.
could be living round bunbury (hopefully) or north subs of perth not sure where yet, waiting on hubbys job.

theres myself, 36,nurse. hubbys an engineer and toms a 16 year old skateboarder with a bust ankle

what about you?

Julie
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

cowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by est71
We are hoping to be in Perth around Sept/Oct 2007.Me(35) OH(34) Kids Lucy aged 9 & Josh aged 15. House still not sold so fingers crossed. We will be stopping with family in Joondana while looking for a rental around ocean reef.

Can anyone recommend good primary and senior schools around Mindarie, Kinross, Ocean Reef for my two kids. The oldest is into footbal (soccer) and plays for a local team here in the UK and is big into sports. He also loves playing cricket and badmington. The youngest also likes playing football and swimming. Also advice on TAFE colleges would be welcome.

Thanks In Advance
hi est71

have you looked on www.aussimove.com ?
its got loads of info on the suburbs of perth. house prices might be a bit out of date but gives you a good idea

Julie
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:32 pm
On Our Way in Nov!

Hi Cowpeys

You've sent me a PM but as I'm new to the site i can't access until i've submitted 3 posts - how crazy is that?

I see you're based Preston, so be good to meet up. We're looking to go North Perth. There's Karen (36), Darren (40) electrician, and 2 kids Louise (8) Martin (4).

If there's anyone else local might be good to arrange a meet, as it seems we're all hoping to go around the same time.

Karen
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Wendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cowpeys
hi est71

have you looked on www.aussimove.com ?
its got loads of info on the suburbs of perth. house prices might be a bit out of date but gives you a good idea

Julie
Hello there my name is Wendy and my husband is Darren We are headed out to Perth late August. We went out on a rekky in April and stayed in Ocean Reef, Mindarie and Craigie, I had a good look at schools and listening to what the local say and my own research the schools in Ocean Reef, Woodvale, Kingsley and Mindarie all came up as excellent. All of these suburbs except Kingsley have both Primary and high schools. Kingsley just has a Primary and uses Woodvale for senior. There is loads of suburb info on www.reiwa.com which gives school names and location. Hope this helps.

Wendy
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:44 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

i think that would be a good idea,then we could do some sort of meet up in perth for a beer and bqq. and make a few friends.
Dave
Originally Posted by denise6372
Great idea, how are we going to do it?

denise
x
Hi,

What about something like this:

USERNAME:>>>>>> WHO's WHO:>>>>>> SETTLING IN:>>>>>>THERE IN:

The_Effys: Chris(43), Sharon(42), Melissa(12) & Kyle(8) - Mandurah/Secret Harbour - Sept/Oct
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J&J123: Jane(26), John(29), Jack(3) - Mandarie/Ocean Reef/Joondalup - Nov
Ect, ect!

Thought I'd put ages in brackets as it would be good for the kids to make freinds with similar ages I don't know really? Any suggestions welcome!

Chris

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:38 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi,

What about something like this:

USERNAME:>>>>>> WHO's WHO:>>>>>> SETTLING IN:>>>>>>THERE IN:

The_Effys: Chris(43), Sharon(42), Melissa(12) & Kyle(8) - Mandurah/Secret Harbour - Sept/Oct
J&J123: Jane(26), John(29), Jack(3) - Mandarie/Ocean Reef/Joondalup - Nov
Ect, ect!

Thought I'd put ages in brackets as it would be good for the kids to make freinds with similar ages I don't know really? Any suggestions welcome!

Chris

Just found out that you cant edit a post after an hour has passed, so that will make a editable list unviable!

Oh well, scrap that idea, but the thought was there!

Chris

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 5:41 pm
On Our Way in Nov!

I think its a great idea! is there any other way we can do this? in a separate post with a list or something. Knowing where people are going and their family ages (as well as occupations) will make it easier to know if people have stuff in common won't it?

I'm new to this site, but I'm sure there's a genius out there that can figure it out!

Karen
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Just found out that you cant edit a post after an hour has passed, so that will make a editable list unviable!

Oh well, scrap that idea, but the thought was there!

Chris

there has been a few lists over the last couple of years?? with names and dates when people have started there visas and when they got them.i think it was in some sort of pdf format ?? all you had to do was click on the link and it was there. will have to ask a few pople,we will have to keep this post going until we can sort it out.
it would be nice to speak and see people and make a few friends when we are over there. anyway my name is
Dave (chef) 36 sarah (housewife) 35 taylor 6 jessica 3 going to perth (joondalup) 1st october from birmingham
speak soon
Dave
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Wendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really nice

We too would love to make some contacts before we go:

We are headed for Ocean Reef in late August early September no fixed date just yet. I am a Midwife (Wendy 36) and will be working at King Edwards Hospital in Perth City, my husband Darren 39 will be at home (lucky him) and caring for the children George 11 Lily 8 Max 2 and baby Isaac 10 months.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

i have done a word document with all the info on but it dont want to upload it?? keeps saying invalid file ? does any one know what could be wrong im useing office 2007

Last edited by mad.chef; Jun 3rd 2007 at 9:57 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:01 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

i have done a word document with all the info on but it dont want to upload it?? keeps saying invalid file ? does any one know what could be wrong
Haven't a clue, you could ask a Mod in the Site Feedback bit?

Have also done a Excel Doc, perhaps we'll have that as back up if you can't upload OK?

Chris

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Haven't a clue, you could ask a Mod in the Site Feedback bit?

Have also done a Excel Doc, perhaps we'll have that as back up if you can't upload OK?

Chris

yes i think we will .ill ask the mod
dave
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:21 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

yes i think we will .ill ask the mod
dave
OK, here is the Excel sheet I was doing, just in case we can't get your up & running

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Perth Bound 2007.xls (16.0 KB, 110 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.