Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old May 25th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Originally Posted by bluenico
We Fly Out 1st October from Manchester 1405 - But staying In Dubai for a couple of days.

We arrive Perth 4th October at 1725........Staying with Family in Ocean Reef for a month, whilst looking to buy/rent in Joondalup Area.

Boys start School - Mid October !

The Business, Migrate Global Perth will be up and running 1st Jan 08.

See you all there !!!
Hello there,

We also fly out 1st october at 2.25pm but from Birmingham. Also we are staying in a holliday rental in Joondalup for three weeks. Can you tell me what school are your kids going to?? Have you enroled them already or are you looking when you get there? My wife just asked as we got 2 kids and looking at schools at the moment.

Madchef
Old May 25th 2007, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

We hope to be in Perth before xmas, we were thinking of Secret Harbour as we have hear a lot of great things about this area, were going to send off our STNI visa next month, not sure how long they are taking to go through but I hope its quickly. Were a family of 4 with 2 teenage boys.
Old May 25th 2007, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Do you mind if I ask how you have secured the school place and which school it is as we will be there the same time and hopefully in Ocean Reef to.

Cheers

Mick
My Wifes Brother Visited the School, and we e mailed over all the Boys reports etc, we still have to Finalise details when we arrive though.
Old May 25th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Hi

Which school was it and why did you choose it, sorry if sounding a little nosey.

Ta

Mick

Originally Posted by bluenico
My Wifes Brother Visited the School, and we e mailed over all the Boys reports etc, we still have to Finalise details when we arrive though.
Old May 25th 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

ha small world looks like we are going to be on the same plane ,we get on in birmingham
Old May 25th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hello there,

We also fly out 1st october at 2.25pm but from Birmingham. Also we are staying in a holliday rental in Joondalup for three weeks. Can you tell me what school are your kids going to?? Have you enroled them already or are you looking when you get there? My wife just asked as we got 2 kids and looking at schools at the moment.

Madchef
Sent You a PM
Old May 25th 2007, 7:23 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi all, just found this thread

We are hoping to be in Perth Sept/Oct, should hopefully be exchanging contracts on our house tomorrow & into rented in 2 weeks. I imagine then it will all start to hit us then

Went on a recce in 2004 & really loved it there . We will initially rent in Mandurah I think as that may be the best option job propect wise but who knows really, might end up anywhere!

We will be Billy-no-mates also no rellies there, but we are in touch with a nice couple who emigrated last year

Sounds like a good idea for a Perth Newbie meet

Cheers all,

Chris

Hey
We know what your going through should have exchanged today (didnt:curse no one thinks it a problem except us, we are flying with singapore airlines on the 16th August staying in singapore for 3 days then arriving on the 20th August, as of now we have no short term accommadation, job family or friends (Suzette we will be in touch as soon as exchanged ) hopfully we will meet people along the way get a job 3 kids in tow so anyone jealous were going before them
Dave
Old May 25th 2007, 9:51 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by daveplumber
Hey
We know what your going through should have exchanged today (didnt:curse no one thinks it a problem except us, we are flying with singapore airlines on the 16th August staying in singapore for 3 days then arriving on the 20th August, as of now we have no short term accommadation, job family or friends (Suzette we will be in touch as soon as exchanged ) hopfully we will meet people along the way get a job 3 kids in tow so anyone jealous were going before them
Dave
Yeah, we never exchanged today either :curse:

We stopped over in Singapore when we done our recce, really liked it, so different! Everybody kept staring at us because there weren't many white people about Also ate a weird dessert: Ice cream with sweetcorn all over it urgh! Sentosa island was really nice, go over in the cable car that seems to come out of the top 3rd of an office block! As you can see from my little lads face, it was his first time in a cable car

Good luck with it all & see you in Perth!

Chris

Attached Thumbnails Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007-singapore-cable-car.jpg  
Old May 25th 2007, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

mandy99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi carol,

Been raining in Wemyss Bay today just outside of Glasgow, We arrive in perth end of June will also be living around the same area as you. My hubby will be working away a lot. So if you would like to get in touch, that would be great. I have a boy aged 10.

Regards Mandy
Old May 26th 2007, 11:04 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mandy99
Hi carol,

Been raining in Wemyss Bay today just outside of Glasgow, We arrive in perth end of June will also be living around the same area as you. My hubby will be working away a lot. So if you would like to get in touch, that would be great. I have a boy aged 10.

Regards Mandy
What does your husband do, sorry to jump this thread?

Thanks Carol
Old May 26th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold

hi we are off to Perth in

31 days
747 hours
44826 minutes
2689571 seconds

26th June to be precise.

We are staying with my brother near joondalup for a while till we find our own place but have also booked a 2 week holiday home in rockingham just for a bit of r&r.

Good luck everyone email me or Pm when i am there if there is anything you want me to find out for you.

Tricia
Old May 26th 2007, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

glynnieandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all
just want to see if anyone is going to perth in september or october this year?
we fly from birmingham on the 1st october 2.20 pm ?? it would be good to speak to people in the same boat in the same place at the same time
many thanks
Dave
We hope to fly to Perth on the 1st Sept although we haven't booked the flights just yet. We are going to Mundaring. We have 3 children 13,7 and 3. 97 days to go.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:31 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
We hope to be in Perth before xmas, we were thinking of Secret Harbour as we have hear a lot of great things about this area, were going to send off our STNI visa next month, not sure how long they are taking to go through but I hope its quickly. Were a family of 4 with 2 teenage boys.
Hi Ozzy7,

We have just got our STNI Visa to Perth, Visa application arrived at ASPC on 18th Jan & we got a case officer on 13th Mar & got Visa 15th May, 5 Months all told, couldn't believe how quickly it went through & it caught us on the hop because we were originally going to frontload our Meds & PCC's in May! But in the end had to arrange them quickly & send after we got CO.

If we had frontloaded our Meds & PCC's I think that we would have had our Visa after 3 months! The Visa's(STNI's) are being processed 3 months quicker than last years applications

It's worth remembering that your PCC's will take near on the 40 days to come through

Good luck with your plans

Chris

Old May 30th 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Rach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really nice

Hello all, we are off to Perth in September too (house sale permitting) We are Denis (38) Rachel (36) Theo (4) & Seth (2). We have friends that live in Kinross and will stay with them initially, then look to get a rental around that area I think (although can't be sure till we get there) I've never been to Oz, although Rachel spent about 1 year, 10 years ago but funnily enough never made it to Perth. Let's keep this thread going and definitely see about a newbie Perth meet up.

Good luck all & see you on the sunny side.

Denis.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Ozzy7,

We have just got our STNI Visa to Perth, Visa application arrived at ASPC on 18th Jan & we got a case officer on 13th Mar & got Visa 15th May, 5 Months all told, couldn't believe how quickly it went through & it caught us on the hop because we were originally going to frontload our Meds & PCC's in May! But in the end had to arrange them quickly & send after we got CO.

If we had frontloaded our Meds & PCC's I think that we would have had our Visa after 3 months! The Visa's(STNI's) are being processed 3 months quicker than last years applications

It's worth remembering that your PCC's will take near on the 40 days to come through

Good luck with your plans

Chris

Hi Chris,
Thanks for giving us your update, the STNI visa sounds like they are going through quickly we hope to be over in OZ before xmas, we have already done our police checks and will be sending them off with the visa next month, were not sure if we should have the medicals now before being asked for them as were not sure where they have to be sent and as we dont have a CO yet we dont want them to get lost!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.