Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

View Poll Results: Where about's in Oz have you moved/moving to?
Melbourne
21.11%
Perth
20.00%
Sydney
12.22%
Brisbane
21.11%
Cairns
1.11%
Adelaide
6.67%
Canberra
0%
Gold Coast
12.22%
Sunshine Coast
5.56%
Hobart
0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Originally Posted by macker
Hi,

I'll second that!! It was a nightmare but the feeling of relief when you finally post it off is brilliant. Good luck with yours too!!

Hi all

Now we are soon to be Irish ex Pats, as we received our Visa Grants this morning after 4 months and 9 days. We are soooo delighted.

Best of luck to all who are waiting.

MK
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Hi all

Now we are soon to be Irish ex Pats, as we received our Visa Grants this morning after 4 months and 9 days. We are soooo delighted.

MK

CONGRATULATIONS!!
You must be so thrilled!! When are you are you planning on going?
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

jdjnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!!

That was pretty quick!! When are you planning to leave "the island"??

Jon
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:28 pm
Dee & Steve

Dee & Steve will become famous soon enough

Hi all

MK
Well done thats great news, you must be delighted. My sister just found out she got hers this morning too, so I am drinking a glass of champagne in celebration, so cheers to you too. Dee
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there

We hope to leave sunny !! Dublin beginning July. There will be a few drinkies tonight.

Thanks for your good wishes

MK
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

YAFOLEY will become famous soon enoughYAFOLEY will become famous soon enough

Hi all

MK
CONGRATULATIONS..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPEFULLY WE WON'T BE WAITING TOO LONG NOW!

HAVE A PINT ON US AND KEEP IN TOUCH

TAKE CARE
YVONNE & ALAN
P.S. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

strewth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone!

I'm from Cork and I'm off to Oz in 2 weeks! I have a sister living on the Central Coast so I'll base myeslf near there. I'm going with my boyfriend who's a nurse. I work in TV production/ IT. No kids to worry about yet so things have been a bit smoother for me than others trying to emigrate! The major concern was leaving my family. My parents are separated and depend on me a lot for support. I can't tell you the number of times I changed my mind because I didn't want to hurt them but I finally bit the bullet last year and got things moving. I know that if I don't at least try this out I'll spend my whole life here regretting it. I can't wait to experience the lifestyle........

{PS Its great to hear from so many other Paddys doing the same thing....Good luck!}
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:14 pm
Dee & Steve

Dee & Steve will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by strewth
Hi Everyone!

I'm from Cork and I'm off to Oz in 2 weeks! I have a sister living on the Central Coast so I'll base myeslf near there. I'm going with my boyfriend who's a nurse. I work in TV production/ IT. No kids to worry about yet so things have been a bit smoother for me than others trying to emigrate! The major concern was leaving my family. My parents are separated and depend on me a lot for support. I can't tell you the number of times I changed my mind because I didn't want to hurt them but I finally bit the bullet last year and got things moving. I know that if I don't at least try this out I'll spend my whole life here regretting it. I can't wait to experience the lifestyle........

{PS Its great to hear from so many other Paddys doing the same thing....Good luck!}
You will love it here, we love it, its fantastic, its not utopia by any means, and yes you will miss your family and feel guilty at times but overall it can be a fantastic experience obviously its up to us all how we deal with it, but at least you are giving it a go and thats the most important thing, give it a go, if you don't like it, oh well, as the saying going nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Big Congratulations . That was quick!! We are awaiting our TRA results within (hopefully) next couple of weeks. The wait is awful isn't it??
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

Thanks again for the good wishes. Yvonne and Alan, if you have any further questions just ask. Best of luck with the meds on 19th. Macker, the waiting was a killer. I don't know how many times a day I was checking the e-mails. But alas all worth it in the end. Will keep you all posted how things progress. Next I need to book flights and short term accommodation. Let the fun begin.

Cheers

MK
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

jdjnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Thanks again for the good wishes. Yvonne and Alan, if you have any further questions just ask. Best of luck with the meds on 19th. Macker, the waiting was a killer. I don't know how many times a day I was checking the e-mails. But alas all worth it in the end. Will keep you all posted how things progress. Next I need to book flights and short term accommodation. Let the fun begin.

Cheers

MK
So have you figured out an easy way to get the visa label put into the passport from Ireland??

There has to be an easy solution at this stage.....

Cheers,

Jon
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

strewth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by macker
Big Congratulations . That was quick!! We are awaiting our TRA results within (hopefully) next couple of weeks. The wait is awful isn't it??

Yeah.... I actually got my visa a couple of years ago but I got a new job at the same time and put Oz on the long finger. My visa expires in 2009 so I decided to go this year. The wait is awful but I just ttried to put it out of my mind and then one day it arrived in the post.....that was great!
Good luck with you application!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

MK
Hi Paul.congrats from one Irish Fitz to another.we also got our visas today too..what a coincidence we are 4 months and nine days too.enjoy the beer x Irishbloo
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Yvonne and Alan

Just realised your meds were 19th April not May. Must be the excitement going to my head. How did the meds go ?

MK
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Irishbloo

That is some coincidence. CONGRATULATIONS. Enjoy your also.
When do you intend to go.

MK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.