Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

View Poll Results: Where about's in Oz have you moved/moving to?
Melbourne
21.11%
Perth
20.00%
Sydney
12.22%
Brisbane
21.11%
Cairns
1.11%
Adelaide
6.67%
Canberra
0%
Gold Coast
12.22%
Sunshine Coast
5.56%
Hobart
0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:16 am
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi All,
Just to let everybody know.Yafoley arrived safely yesterday.We hooked up last night and had a few scoops to celebrate. All seems to be going well today aswell.
We are now just waiting for the rest of you to get your act together (Sorry I meant DIMIA)

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for the update on Yafoley..tell her I said hi and hope all goes well for her and her family!

Di
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by koonyungdi
Thanks for the update on Yafoley..tell her I said hi and hope all goes well for her and her family!

Di
Hi Chef69

Thanks for letting us know Yafoley has arrived safely. Tell her g'day from all this end. Also we are dying to know how she is getting on. Hopefully she will be online soon.

Koonyungdi great to hear from you. We'll defo meet for those drinks. I will pm you in the next few days.

Macker how is tricks. Thanks for the text. The goodbye parties are just starting. Have one tomorrow and Thursday. There will be plenty of tears.

Take care all.

MK
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

Well our flights are now booked. We are heading to Brisbane on 19th September. No turning back now ! Getting a little excited and nervous all in one. So much to do in the next two weeks.

Take care

MK
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:53 am
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Hi all

Well our flights are now booked. We are heading to Brisbane on 19th September. No turning back now ! Getting a little excited and nervous all in one. So much to do in the next two weeks.

Take care

MK

Hi MK!

That's all of 15 days away now!! How are the children finding things? Are they excited? Let me know if you can manage to meet up some evening in town or wherever suits. I'm really excited for you and can't wait to hear about Brisbane

Take care and talk soon

Di
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi MK!

That's all of 15 days away now!! How are the children finding things? Are they excited? Let me know if you can manage to meet up some evening in town or wherever suits. I'm really excited for you and can't wait to hear about Brisbane

Take care and talk soon

Di
Hi Di

Just can't believe we are heading out so soon. There is a neverending list of to do things. Our two youngest are just so excited. The eldest (10) is the one I have to watch. He has not mentioned anything much about the move. He has a wide circle of friends here, so I am just hoping that he will pick up with some new friends very quickly. They all start school on 9th October.
I would love to meet up with you and Macker. I will send you a pm later today.

Take care

MK
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

We just got an email this morning with a positive skills assessment result

So thats 60 points in the bag. Hope to have the visa application ready in a week or so. How long does it take once the visa application (136) is sent off?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gidxg03

So thats 60 points in the bag. Hope to have the visa application ready in a week or so. How long does it take once the visa application (136) is sent off?
CONGRATULATION

That's he hardest part over!! As for your other question, I think everyone would love to know exactly!! Are you on the MODL list or not?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by priscilia
CONGRATULATION

That's he hardest part over!! As for your other question, I think everyone would love to know exactly!! Are you on the MODL list or not?
Thanks priscilia. My wife is the main applicant as she is a software developer. Her name is on the skilled demand list but not the MODL list afaik.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all

Thanks priscilia. My wife is the main applicant as she is a software developer. Her name is on the skilled demand list but not the MODL list afaik.
It will probably be a bit longer then. Have you tried looking at www.autimeline.com, it might give you a better idea.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by priscilia
It will probably be a bit longer then. Have you tried looking at www.autimeline.com, it might give you a better idea.
I'll bookmark that site for when we send in the application. Thanks
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:02 am
Tra second timer

Congratulations!
How long did it take to hear back from the TRA? We're just about ready to re-submit ours..good luck with the Visa application!

Di
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations. Great feeling isn't it!! As far as how long it takes - well thats the million dollar question!! 4,5,6 months??????

Priscilia - How are you? When are you goning to the gold coast? How's the bump?

Koonyungdi - Good luck re-submitting the TRA. Ours came back in 5 weeks - it was over the Easter holidays so took a bit longer.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by macker
Congratulations. Great feeling isn't it!! As far as how long it takes - well thats the million dollar question!! 4,5,6 months??????

Priscilia - How are you? When are you goning to the gold coast? How's the bump?

Koonyungdi - Good luck re-submitting the TRA. Ours came back in 5 weeks - it was over the Easter holidays so took a bit longer.
We are going in 6 weeks time!! My house is half empty and boxes are piling up. It's so hard deciding what to take and what not to take as we are not shipping much, just a few boxes. Having my first scan on friday, hoping to find out if there is any point taking the girls baby clothes or not!

Our TRA only took a couple of weeks at the end of may, I don't know how long they take now. Good luck anyway Koonyungdi, I hope you get a really fast positive answer this time.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations!
How long did it take to hear back from the TRA? We're just about ready to re-submit ours..good luck with the Visa application!

Di
Thanks for the congrats everyone

koonyungdi we submitted our TRA stuff in June but had to resubmit further certified papers so that delayed us. Took about 6-8 weeks once we submitted all required certificates.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Many congrats Delighted for you. As others have said, that really is the hard part - paperwork wise. Sounds like you have everything ready to send off visa application. Once that's gone off, you should try and relax for a bit - spend the time doing as much research as you can. Not sure how long its taking these days - austimeline will help though. All the best. Michelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.