Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any further news on reduction of quarantine time for incoming pets?

Any further news on reduction of quarantine time for incoming pets?

Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Phoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any further news on reduction of quarantine time for incoming pets?

There was talk earlier this year of a potential reduction in the amount of mandatory time an incoming pet would need to spend in quarantine from the minimum 30 days currently to 10 days. At the time I was researching it was thought this might go through by the end of 2013 but I haven't seen any further news. Does anyone know anything more about this please?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

jackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nice
Default Re: Any further news on reduction of quarantine time for incoming pets?

Originally Posted by Phoodilicious
There was talk earlier this year of a potential reduction in the amount of mandatory time an incoming pet would need to spend in quarantine from the minimum 30 days currently to 10 days. At the time I was researching it was thought this might go through by the end of 2013 but I haven't seen any further news. Does anyone know anything more about this please?
Haven't heard anything more. Perhaps email and ask them?

http://www.daff.gov.au/general-inqui...uery=animalimp
Old Sep 7th 2013, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

TessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really nice
Default Re: Any further news on reduction of quarantine time for incoming pets?

Our 3 dogs and 2 cats came out of Spotswood quarantine earlier today, very happy to have them home. I asked the officer if there had been any further developments regarding the reduction in jail time. He wasn't aware of any (or couldn't tell me) but did say that work at the new quarantine station at Mickleham was underway and should be operational by 2015 so the change in regulations may well come in for then.