Reload this Page >

Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough
Default Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Hi all

Me and my partner are in the process of immigrating to Oz and in about six months it will be time for our medicals.

I am now starting to worry that after I have my medical they will tell me I am to over weight.

Does anyone know what they class as "to heavy"?

Thanks
Julie
Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:08 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Originally Posted by Dazlin
Hi all

Me and my partner are in the process of immigrating to Oz and in about six months it will be time for our medicals.

I am now starting to worry that after I have my medical they will tell me I am to over weight.

Thanks
Julie
Well if your too fat start losing some weight for your own health. No point in having a visa and dead from all the problems being over weight can cause.

And no i dont know how fat you can be but from what i have heard on this forum its quite fat.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:12 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Thanks
Julie
I think if your body fat index is over 30 then it starts to be a prob,
Check out dieters for oz on here been a popular one
Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:35 pm
ad4ozz

Weight needs to be less than BMI of 40 for easy pass once over 40 they class you at major risk of health problems.

http://www.weightconcern.com/

This site will calculate your BMI for you ...go to risk of obesity on tabs... then... am i overweight then... calculate adult BMI.

Good luck don't get to scared... :scared: .

Also if overweight need to watch your BP as BP of more than 140/90 and they want cardiologist report.

Last edited by ad4ozz; Mar 9th 2005 at 6:36 pm. Reason: left bit out

Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Fletchismint is an unknown quantity at this point

The BMI is only a guide though. I'm a 5'11'' guy and I way 89 kgs with only a few pounds of it fat and the site said I was fat. Muscle should be taken into account.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks
Julie
I think you would need to be very overweight to affect the outcome. If your weight was causing other health problems, then that could be a problem. If you think about it, if being overweight was a problem in Oz, then they would have to deport half their people. Australia is a seriously lard arse nation.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:02 pm
wombat42

We already have enough fat lard arse Aussies so we don't need fat lard arse Poms, lose weight or immigrate to America, land of the lard.

Last edited by wombat42; Mar 9th 2005 at 7:06 pm.

Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Not many fat lard arse Aussies in this neck of the woods. Worst place I've been to by far for fat people, is Florida. Besides, if the obese person hasn't got any obese related health problems, i.e diabetes, high blood pressure, stress, back problems, then why not let em in to Australia?
Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:16 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
We already have enough fat lard arse Aussies so we don't need fat lard arse Poms, lose weight or immigrate to America, land of the lard.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
Well if your too fat start losing some weight for your own health. No point in having a visa and dead from all the problems being over weight can cause.

And no i dont know how fat you can be but from what i have heard on this forum its quite fat.
I agree with Siren here.

I am amazed at the number of times this subject crops up.

It sometimes seems that most wannabe migrants to Australia are overweight
This could be the subject of a PHD for someone

If you are grossly overweight then I think you should be far more worried about the consequences for your health rather than whether or not it will affect your chances of passing the medical

Given the consequences for the Australian healthcare system I am not surprised they take it seriously.

Waiting for the flak.

G
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
I agree with Siren here.

I am amazed at the number of times this subject crops up.

It sometimes seems that most wannabe migrants to Australia are overweight
This could be the subject of a PHD for someone

If you are grossly overweight then I think you should be far more worried about the consequences for your health rather than whether or not it will affect your chances of passing the medical

Given the consequences for the Australian healthcare system I am not surprised they take it seriously.

Waiting for the flak.

G
I think I should have probably put in my original message that I am only slightly over weight, and that's only because I like my wine to much .

I have just been starting to worry that something will go wrong with our application and wanted to put my mind at rest.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Julie
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Well Julie we are doing the Dieters for Oz and the only reason we are doing this is for health reasons of course and in order to pass the medical. I have lost 44 and a half pounds so far. I have about another 5 stone to lose. And if you lived in Manchester you would soon understand why I was fat!
Good luck
Lace
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lacey21
Well Julie we are doing the Dieters for Oz and the only reason we are doing this is for health reasons of course and in order to pass the medical. I have lost 44 and a half pounds so far. I have about another 5 stone to lose. And if you lived in Manchester you would soon understand why I was fat!
Good luck
Lace
Hi Lace

Can I ask what type of diet your on?

Julie

P.S. I hope you don't think I'm being rude

Last edited by Dazlin; Mar 9th 2005 at 8:44 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:48 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Hi Lace

Can I ask what type of diet your on?

Julie

P.S. I hope you don't think I'm being rude
It's not a diet.....the've just had thier arse amputated...
CORKER
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:51 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I think I should have probably put in my original message that I am only slightly over weight, and that's only because I like my wine to much .

I have just been starting to worry that something will go wrong with our application and wanted to put my mind at rest.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Julie
Julie

My post was a general point and not just directed at you.

This crops up regularly though and most posters seem more worried about passing the medical than being overweight

Overweight is actually a serious medical issue, like Alcohol abuse or smoking.

Your health is far more important to you and your family than whether you get a visa or not.

Hopefully the migration process will act as a spur to you (and lots of others) to do something about it.

If you are only a bit overweight then the medical will be a breeze. This does not mean you should not address it though.

Good luck

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.