Reload this Page >

For all those bitching about Perth

For all those bitching about Perth

Old May 3rd 2006, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For all those bitching about Perth

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I bought a wine box the other day so that i could have just "one glass a night".

Yeah, right!

Nothing wrong with a glass a night. Pint glasses count don't they?
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muzza04
okay pal...good anough for you poms and aussie. NOT good enough for us Scots. OK.

I drive thru new building projects everyday. am not one tho..we build the roads. And to be honest no bladdy wonder its nice a cool all year round even after putting on the air con full heat blast thru them winter nights.

no cavities no insulation...the list is endless.

I'm currently sitting in my (rented) $1.8 million house with my thick cardigan on and I am freezing - my fingers are cold and I'm starting to lose feeling in my toes.

But I'm not whinging.

It's just different that's all - not better, not worse - just....different.
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

I did lots of research before I came here and nobody told me that the unions (led by Liverpudlians and Glaswegians) controlled WA.

I only found out when I got here....!

no...there's a few mancs and londoners in amongst the Unions too

Perth/WA is basically the UK in the 80s on that front.
Account Closed

I did lots of research before I came here and nobody told me that the unions (led by Liverpudlians and Glaswegians) controlled WA.

Yep, a friend of ours who's a sparkie, started work on a site and was basically told unless he joined a union he wouldn't work on the decent sites.
Bully boy tactics.
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

I'm currently sitting in my (rented) $1.8 million house with my thick cardigan on and I am freezing - my fingers are cold and I'm starting to lose feeling in my toes.

But I'm not whinging.

Gawd, you're diplomatic aren't you? I really must try to be more diplomatic. Mental note to self....try to keep gob shut...!
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Yep, a friend of ours who's a sparkie, started work on a site and was basically told unless he joined a union he wouldn't work on the decent sites.
Bully boy tactics.

But it's all good I gather!
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Hello

Thanx for your understanding. i feel a bit whipped here but Mr Chardonnay is soothing it all better!

Trust me hedgehog, we did nearly two years of research. We have achieved every single thing we set out to achieve when we first started our journey. But there's one thing you can never research for...feelings. You will never know how you will feel until you do this.

As for having a back up plan to get out of here. Oh yes, we had one of those. If one of us wasn't happy, we would all go home. Well, that's me. But how the hell do I make my husband and kids move back to a place they don't want to go to? When I talk about going home, the looks of sadness I'm faced with is bloody awful. I don't think I can do that to them.

Carry on with your adventure and I hope it works for you. I'm going to the fridge now, I can hear Mr Chardonnay calling!
Hi I wish I was there now I'd come round and share a bottle with you and we could have a good old gab. I'd bring my own crate of wine of course as long as you supplied the crisps. I truly understand about your feelings, homesickness etc... I don't have any family in the UK, and OH can't wait to get away from his so that won't be a drawback for us. On a lighter note, Why are you calling that nice wine Mr. Chardonnay nothing that makes you feel that good can be a man LOL only joking men honest !!!!!!
I hope every thing works out for you in the end love sent XX
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gawd, you're diplomatic aren't you? I really must try to be more diplomatic. Mental note to self....try to keep gob shut...!

I understand where you're coming from.

I'm not a homesickness type of person myself (although I was once when I went on a school trip to Sheffield) - I don't think I'll ever live in the UK again (although I do think it's a great country) but I just have difficulties when I hear people talk so gushingly about everything Australian.

It's like those twentysomethings who have been in the country for two years and already have a strong Aussie accent - how did that happen?
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Hi I wish I was there now I'd come round and share a bottle with you and we could have a good old gab. I'd bring my own crate of wine of course as long as you supplied the crisps. I truly understand about your feelings, homesickness etc... I don't have any family in the UK, and OH can't wait to get away from his so that won't be a drawback for us. On a lighter note, Why are you calling that nice wine Mr. Chardonnay nothing that makes you feel that good can be a man LOL only joking men honest !!!!!!
I hope every thing works out for you in the end love sent XX
Come, come now hedgehog..it's cold chips....not crisps!

Mr Chardonnay is different...he doesn't answer back and soothes in all the right places!

Thanks for your kindness. I wish you well in your adventure.
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Buggers them scousers get every where, I even spotted one at Old Trafford the other night ( Took his life in his own hands if you ask me) If you can't beat em!! join em and grind them down.
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

But I'm not whinging.

Right its all round to yours then for a party, not so we can enjoy your big house of course just so we can stand around and insulate it for you. You supply the booze we'll all supply the body heat, (now where did I put my thermals and that plane ticket)
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

I understand where you're coming from.

I'm not a homesickness type of person myself (although I was once when I went on a school trip to Sheffield) - I don't think I'll ever live in the UK again (although I do think it's a great country) but I just have difficulties when I hear people talk so gushingly about everything Australian.

It's like those twentysomethings who have been in the country for two years and already have a strong Aussie accent - how did that happen?
Hey, I felt homesick when I went to York when I was 12. Thought I'd got over that, obviously not!

I agree with the gushy bit. I feel like saying "What?" I must be seriously missing something here. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate this place. It's fine. It's just not all that. In my eyes, it's not worth the flipping hassle that's for sure!

The worst for me is my kids wanting to go barefoort everywhere, including Coles! That will never happen. Never, Absolutley not. Bare feet are not a pleasant experience to witness amongst the brocoli. Urgh!
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Right its all round to yours then for a party, not so we can enjoy your big house of course just so we can stand around and insulate it for you. You supply the booze we'll all supply the body heat, (now where did I put my thermals and that plane ticket)
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Come, come now hedgehog..it's cold chips....not crisps!

Mr Chardonnay is different...he doesn't answer back and soothes in all the right places!

Thanks for your kindness. I wish you well in your adventure.
I'm not eating cold chips for anyone unless they're covered in heinz ketchup and I'm very very drunk, a crisp is a crisp and chips are hot things made with chunky potatoes and are dunked in fat then smothered in vinegar and sauce. Just wait till I get over there I will have to educate them.
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

The worst for me is my kids wanting to go barefoort everywhere, including Coles! That will never happen. Never, Absolutley not. Bare feet are not a pleasant experience to witness amongst the brocoli. Urgh!

Absolutely!!

"Put your shoes on"

"But she hasn't got her shoes on"

"I don't care put your shoes on"

"But...." "PUT THEM ON...................

................................you're English"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.