Reload this Page >

For all those bitching about Perth

For all those bitching about Perth

Old May 3rd 2006, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For all those bitching about Perth

Originally Posted by jojo90
I don't know how long ago you went out there or what your circumstances were but surely there was a time when you were optimistic about your future plans in Oz. If so try to think back and spare a thought for those of us who are looking forward to the possibility of a better future for ourselves. It may not live up to our expectations but leave us with our rose coloured spectacles for now PLEASE!!! It is great to hear some positive stories and know that for some people things have worked out for the best. It's good to get a realistic view of emigration including but I don't understand why it's so important to some people to stamp on the hopes and dreams of others???

Yep, I used to sit in front of my computer back home and relish all the positive threads that would occur. I tried to read the negative ones too, telling myself that Iwanted to be prepared for any eventuality. Nothing..and I mean nothing, can prepare you for homesickness.

I don't feel that I am stamping on your hopes and dreams at all. You carry on wearing your rose tinted specs and I wish you all the very best I really do.

Just remember to ask yourself "how much am I prepared to gamble..and maybe lose?"
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Yes, good on him. I don't begrudge him a minute of his happiness. What does get my goat is all the slagging off folk who aren't so happy here get.

When one of us so called "whinging poms" come onto this forum and throws some negative facts into the equation, we are usually slated and told to p**s off.

It just amazes me that positivity is welcomed, negativity or disappointment is ridiculed.

Me thinks rosey coloured specs play a huge role to those who haven't made the leap of faith yet.
Of course positivity is welcomed....! this is a site frequented by people hoping to b****y emigrate for God's sake!!

Negative facts are always welcomed BUT sniping and bitchy comments are not!!.....and then you wonder where the association of whinging Pom comes from....kinda shot yourself in the foot with that one eh!!!
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If you don't like it, leave, it really is that simple.

You are a whinging pom.

Is that the best you can give?
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Of course positivity is welcomed....! this is a site frequented by people hoping to b****y emigrate for God's sake!!

Negative facts are always welcomed BUT sniping and bitchy comments are not!!.....and then you wonder where the association of whinging Pom comes from....kinda shot yourself in the foot with that one eh!!!
Are you in Perth?
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

Whoah...I don't consider anything I have said to be bitchy. Where did you get that notion from?

I am just trying to stick up for myself and to say that I hate being labelled as a whinging pom just because I haven't fallen in love with this place.
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Whoah...I don't consider anything I have said to be bitchy. Where did you get that notion from?

I am just trying to stick up for myself and to say that I hate being labelled as a whinging pom just because I haven't fallen in love with this place.

you're not really a whinging pom are you
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Muzza04
you're not really a whinging pom are you

Nope...just a disillusioned female who's rosey tinted specs have slipped somewhat
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Are you in Perth?
Nope...they're still in the UK... Knows everything this one. Understands the lot about emigration.

Last edited by TraceyW; May 3rd 2006 at 3:00 pm.
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:11 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, I used to sit in front of my computer back home and relish all the positive threads that would occur. I tried to read the negative ones too, telling myself that Iwanted to be prepared for any eventuality. Nothing..and I mean nothing, can prepare you for homesickness.

I don't feel that I am stamping on your hopes and dreams at all. You carry on wearing your rose tinted specs and I wish you all the very best I really do.

Just remember to ask yourself "how much am I prepared to gamble..and maybe lose?"
but surely you cant blame Perth for homesickness?? if you suffer this wouldnt you suffer it anywhere?
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by possoms
but surely you cant blame Perth for homesickness?? if you suffer this wouldnt you suffer it anywhere?

yep..homesickness is an unknown illness

some suffer badly some just at christmas

I suffer from SAD only hence I am in Perth with over 300 days sunshine a year
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

Nope, I don't blame Perth at all. I blame myself. My own stupidity for not appreciating the things I had back home: the family and true friends, the security, the feelings of actually belonging.

Perth is a beautiful place. It has a lot to offer some folk, just not me. I honestly don't begrudge people a jot who have settled and love their new lives. I just get really brassed off with being at the bottom of the pecking order because I am one of those many folk who really don't think this grass is any greener whatsoever. The only thing that makes me stand out from the rest of the unhappy bunch is that I have the bottle to say it.
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:17 pm

yep..homesickness is an unknown illness

some suffer badly some just at christmas

I suffer from SAD only hence I am in Perth with over 300 days sunshine a year
you need to turn a light on in your avatar that'll cure you
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:21 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the best you can give?
I really do believe we should be happy with life. It's one of the most important aspects of life. If you are not happy here then get to somewhere that you are happy.

It really is that simple.
BE Enthusiast

you need to turn a light on in your avatar that'll cure you
aye, that tartan is dark aint it...time to put some sun on it

Nope, I don't blame Perth at all. I blame myself. My own stupidity for not appreciating the things I had back home: the family and true friends, the security, the feelings of actually belonging.

Perth is a beautiful place. It has a lot to offer some folk, just not me. I honestly don't begrudge people a jot who have settled and love their new lives. I just get really brassed off with being at the bottom of the pecking order because I am one of those many folk who really don't think this grass is any greener whatsoever. The only thing that makes me stand out from the rest of the unhappy bunch is that I have the bottle to say it.
well you shouldnt blame yourself, you had to give it a go to find out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.