Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All The Info You Need Part 3

All The Info You Need Part 3

Old Aug 9th 2003, 6:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Little tip re email addresses - Telstra (the equivalent of BT) have a "webmail" service; you can have a free email address without having to have an account with them. Similar sort of thing to Hotmail & Yahoo - but you don't get junk mail! They have very effective filters on the site, and in 5 years I've not had any junk or spam.

www.telstra.com

and follow the links to free email & webmail, then you can set up an account.

Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

bounce to top for Tina J x
Old Oct 11th 2003, 11:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Carrianne - have just been going through the list again; it is sooooo helpful!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

your welcome
Old Oct 11th 2003, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for posting it again Carrianne- I spent ages searching for it to no avail.

God so much do do it is worrying
Old Oct 11th 2003, 11:40 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

wow!! carianne you are soooooo organised!!
perhaps there is a business venture in there for you - you could do research for aussies going to uk, and flog it as a package!! same for uk - oz, get the stuff onto a website, get some advertisers and you could make a tidy sum!!!!

I am nowhere near the start of the list, a couple of years down the line yet, but there are things on your list I never would have thought about!!!

cheers, like pollyanna I have saved it to file for my journal.

Sue
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:02 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: All The Info You Need Part 3

will need when you go - (we are travelling first and leaving in Feb but in our cases will be our clothes,(summer) trade papers, driving licence, all important paperwork, references etc. (in hand luggage. So all winter clothes I have will be given away.
Fly west and avoid jet lag [:-) and get 32kg allowance each without having to be tied in to the Qantas migration fare. Which can be costly. Find out about what you can put in the hold for free.
cancel internet
check and have smear
Medical records

Carrianne [/QUOTE]

Great Info Carrianne.
Thanks very much.

Cheers.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:08 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Good to see these rise to the top again, Carrianne.

I'd already got them stored in my favourites folder 'Before We Go' or should that be 'Afore Ye Go'!

Steve.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

you are all very welcome, I was getting laughed in M & S yesterday as I bought all their Handcrafted christmas cards for family and wrapping etc and someone said oh your starting early, yep that's me to be organised takes away the stress.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:58 pm
WBB

this must of taken ages, thanks for taking the time.

will be a big help

Old Oct 11th 2003, 2:08 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Well done excellent post x3
great info
Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

cam the man is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW

Thanks for that - your a star.

Good luck
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

excellent list and info Carriane - THANKYOU!!!!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Carrianne,

I've spent all day looking at the list and ticking things off!

Didn't know about the rent rebate thing so that was especially helpful.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

wow thanks carriane have spent loads of time downloading and saw things on this list i didnt know i needed

arlene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.