Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All info needed - Scotland to Oz, know nothing!

All info needed - Scotland to Oz, know nothing!

Old Sep 13th 2013, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All info needed - Scotland to Oz, know nothing!

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Shell and BP both have their Australian headquarters in Melbourne.

BB
...and both are rather small and getting smaller (voice from the inside)
Old Sep 13th 2013, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

ChrissieBee is an unknown quantity at this point

Has your husband been in touch with job agencies as they may be able to help if there is a shortage of his specific skill?

My husband is in slick line/wireline and he has been contacted regarding a vacancy and there would be a relocation package and assistance with visas. We are very new and naive to the process too. The job that my OH is looking at would be based in Perth but he would work offshore, I'm not sure we would necessarily want to live in Perth itself.

Lots to investigate (understatement to say the least!) :-)
Old Sep 16th 2013, 1:47 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Yes, granny is sucking on eggs; I was pointing out that Melbourne is not a million miles away from oil and gas industry - HQ's, production etc and isn't a 'strange choice'.
Not a strange choice, maybe, but not the ideal one for someone wanting to emigrate and find a job in oil & gas - far better to go where companies are still recruiting.

'Teach not thy parent's aging mother to extract
The embryo juices of the bird by suction.
The fine old lady can that feat enact
Quite irrespective of thy kind instruction
.'
Old Sep 16th 2013, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

Try www.seek.com.au its the most popular job website in Aus
I don't work in same industry as your hubby but a quick look resulted in "103 jobs containing oil engineer in Melbourne"

you can easily select each city/area to give a rough idea WHERE the jobs are for a particular skill-set. That's how we chose where to live when before we sold house, quit job and dove in head first
Good luck researching! it can be exciting.